Author Topic: Is it safe to say Disney should not be considered an option anymore?  (Read 19358 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Is it safe to say Disney should not be considered an option anymore?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 03:40:05 AM »
When you wish upon a mouse......
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
...you get a really cheesy house...

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »
The thing is, I don't want Disney to buy just the IP, but the entire game, with character data if possible (though I, personally, wouldn't mind if I had to start all over again).  Disney (or any company, really) buying the IP and nothing else would be the worst thing that could happen to CoH.  (Well, the second-worst thing. NCSoft already did the worst thing)

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »
If Disney bought just the IP, then I'd expect all the CoH characters would be integrated somehow into the Marvel universe.

Isn't there already a Marvel MMO? And Disney owns Marvel now. Why would they even want CoH to begin with?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »
If Disney bought just the IP, then I'd expect all the CoH characters would be integrated somehow into the Marvel universe.

Isn't there already a Marvel MMO? And Disney owns Marvel now. Why would they even want CoH to begin with?
for the warm fuzzy feeling and positive PR for caring about the poor homeless cox players of course :P

Damn all the other homeless gamers. If they want the warm and fuzzy and positive PR they must care only about us! :p

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
I actually never considered Disney as a particularly viable option. They have a long record of sitting properties indefinitely for various reasons.  Getting it from NCsoft and under Disney would have been like being rescued from muggers by a gang of terrorists.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 09:24:42 PM »
... the other question is, is it safe to say that the third pitch, whoever it was going to be for, isn't going to be sent out?

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »
Are any hail mary projects even happening currently? I haven't noticed much here since the city of titans kickstarter began and ended although I could just be conspiracy theorizing...

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 12:30:16 AM »
it's safe to remember that Disney was something of a longshot anyway. Although Disney has the money, they may not have the desire and, most importantly, all the money in the world won't be enough if NCSoft holds true to their historical stance on these things and refuse to let go of the property.

Now, I still believe that Disney would be a good custodian of the property and I would be perfectly happy to give them my money if they could bring my game back. Do I think this will happen any time soon? Probably not, but I'm not willing to give up on the idea just yet.

Next year in Paragon City, my friends.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
Of course it was a long shot.  All of Task Force Hail Mary was a long shot - hence the name "Hail Mary", a desperation play in football where, when in a crunch, you just throw the ball as hard as you can in the general direction of your teammates and hope for the best.  It rarely works, but it's better than getting tackled while holding the ball.

While it would have been nice for some sort of actual response from the companies involved, I'm well aware that we at Titan were not the ones they were told to contact.  But even so, I was hoping that we'd at least hear a "no" if they weren't interested. This silence is nerve-wracking.

As far as I'm aware, no new pitches have gone out since the Google pitch last May, and the last we heard of even a pitch-in-progress was in October.

MakoMako

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »
... the other question is, is it safe to say that the third pitch, whoever it was going to be for, isn't going to be sent out?

Very likely, yes. Core members of Hail Mary haven't responded to inquiry in a very long time. And my own personal offer of help wasn't even turned down... Just completely ignored.

Rae's last post on the forum seems to actually be a rather vague indication she's not even contributing anymore. I can't quite tell, to be honest.

I guess we have to rely on hopes that there is some sort of secret reverse engineering going on, even if it's a begrudging "Plan B".

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 05:36:23 AM »
Very likely, yes. Core members of Hail Mary haven't responded to inquiry in a very long time. And my own personal offer of help wasn't even turned down... Just completely ignored.

Rae's last post on the forum seems to actually be a rather vague indication she's not even contributing anymore. I can't quite tell, to be honest.

I guess we have to rely on hopes that there is some sort of secret reverse engineering going on, even if it's a begrudging "Plan B".
Could also mean they got news that they cannot disclose...

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 07:54:34 AM »
Could also mean they got news that they cannot disclose...

True, there's always hope.

We'll have to wait and see I guess. Either way we're no worse off than we already was.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 09:56:19 AM »
Rae I believe is working with MVM currently.  Plus Rae and others involved were volunteers doing it on their free time which they could have less of or are just keeping it more hush hush.  They could have sent more out actually but they just didn't tell anybody so we didn't ask if they had heard anything.  It could be a number of things but they did their best on their free time to get our game back so new pitch or no pitch I'm grateful they tried.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »
Rae I believe is working with MVM currently.  Plus Rae and others involved were volunteers doing it on their free time which they could have less of or are just keeping it more hush hush.  They could have sent more out actually but they just didn't tell anybody so we didn't ask if they had heard anything.  It could be a number of things but they did their best on their free time to get our game back so new pitch or no pitch I'm grateful they tried.

This is pretty much how I see it too. We couldn't expect them to be at this forever, they deserve to have their free time be their own again. And who knows, there may be results we just have yet to hear about. But regardless of how it turns out, I'm extremely thankful that they tried on behalf of the rest of us.

Thank you, Team Wildcard! Thank you very much. :)

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 01:27:05 AM »

The secret isn't very tightly kept.  Last report was that it's going a little slower than they had hoped, but progress is being made.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
Core members of Hail Mary haven't responded to inquiry in a very long time. And my own personal offer of help wasn't even turned down... Just completely ignored.

You're absolutely right, after my last post, I did resign from TF:HM.

I also stopped visiting the Titan Network boards for a bit, so I'm sorry if any PMs went unanswered - the ones I have received, I have just responded to with off-board contact details, as I'm not sure how often I'll get back here.

For TF:HM status, maybe try TheQuinch?

(Sorry for the zombie thread :) )

--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »
I'm guessing that's pretty much the end of TFHM, then, unless Quinch (who hasn't posted in three months) makes a roaring return.

Ah well.  It was a good try.  I wish at least that third package had been sent out before it all ended.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:35 AM »
*doesn't hear an ample woman singing yet*

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 02:19:46 PM »
*doesn't hear an ample woman singing yet*

Neither do I!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! :)