Author Topic: Is it safe to say Disney should not be considered an option anymore?  (Read 19297 times)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Re: Is it safe to say Disney should not be considered an option anymore?
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 04:51:29 PM »
Welp, I'll just keep waiting for that pitch Quinch was working on back in October to finally be finished, then, and prepare my letter-writing fingers.  Any idea who is to receive it?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 11:04:16 PM »
I just want to point out that just because this particular effort has stalled, it does not mean that we have given up hope of some other company acquiring City of Heroes.  It just means that we're out of the "sweet spot" of when it was pretty public and frequently in the media.

Remember, NCsoft thinks that they have the advantage of time.  They do not.  Companies come and companies go, as do people who do things like tank deals to spin off Paragon Studios into a separate company.  I mean, for crying out loud, we just lost Irrational Games, developer of the really popular BioShock games; you don't think that NCsoft will ever go belly-up?  My point is, there will come a day when the stars align and an opportunity will present itself to acquire the IP rights to this game, and we have a lot of really motivated, really patient people out here watching for it.  It won't get past us when it arises.

So don't lose heart, and don't chalk up this effort as dead or not worthwhile.  We have a lot of valuable insight now that we didn't before, some valuable lessons learned, some contacts we didn't have before, and some people who are more dedicated than ever to seeing that this happens.

Allons-y!

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 12:04:22 AM »
What TonyV said, honestly (thanks for the title, btw, Tony.  I love it when The Dentist mends time with his sonic spamner!).

A few of the people I replied to got in touch,  with their own ideas of contacting various companies and I'm giving what advice I can (for what that's worth), so I'm sure more feelers and pitches will be going out as time goes on.

Quinch was working on a pitch to Valve. I'm not sure of the status of that,  I'm afraid.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink