Author Topic: FICTION: Rust's Ramblings - The JAMverse  (Read 1746 times)

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
FICTION: Rust's Ramblings - The JAMverse
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:11:54 AM »
When I was a Child, I developed an entire universe of Super Heroes and Super Villains and spent my free time doodling their adventures in a notebook. As I grew older, I put those adventures aside but never forgot the characters, so when CoH came along, I revived them, built their mythos, and added and subtracted characters as time went on. Friends became enemies. Enemies became friends. When CoH ended, I put that all away again. Now, finally, it is time to take it out of the box once again and unpackage it. And return, once more, to the narrative of what in my younger days, I affectionately referred to as "JAM Comics".

PLACES OF INTEREST

Colt

A Midwestern Metropolis and birthplace of the JAMverse. Colt is a fictional city in the state of Colorado, and makes it's money off ranching and Iron mining. A small super powered community rose up in the city, and with them came their costumed cohorts.

As time went on, the heroes organized to better battle the villains. This lead to the creation of the super team The Security Legion and the group had a lot of success in handling local and regional crime.

In the City of Heroes Universe, Colt is destroyed in the Rikti War and the Security Legion - what is left of it, anyway - relocates to Paragon City. As the CoH narrative moved forward, Colt was rebuilt and many heroes "commuted" between the two cities (Mostly whomever wasn't active in CoH had "returned to Colt" in my head).

While the Legion saw its share of dark days, it generally kept the peace. Until a mysterious coalition of criminals and villains conspired to undo the Legion and leave Colt open - ripe for the taking. This event is known as The Catastrophe, and the city has been feeling the effects ever since.

In Champions Online, the survivors of The Catastrophe have come to Millennium City in search of the ultimate mastermind of the plan - a individual known only as The Zellenleiter. Colt is still a functioning city, but operates much like Gotham City - a haven for corrupt officials and business dealings, with the common citizenry all but prisoners in their own homes/jobs.

The Security Legion

A coalition of Superheroes located in and around the Midwest of the United States and based in the city of Colt, CO. The founders of the Legion include - Leopard, Fang, Plant Gal, Magnus the Mystic, Dynasty XI, and Night Raider.

The organization suffered personal tragedy during the event known as "The Black Blade", where a Djinn named Mexlon escape a thousand years imprisonment and ran rampant. During this event, Fang was killed and Dynasty XI sacrificed himself to once again contain the Djinn. Because of this, Fang's brother Leopard left the Legion, and Plant Gal retreated into the Earth, not to be seen again for a decade.

At the time of The Catastrophe, the Legion's roster included: Night Raider, Magnus the Mystic, Dynasty XII, Mister Astonishing, Thoughtforce, and a recently emerged Plant Gal.

After The Catastrophe, Thoughtforce is the only remaining active member. Magnus the Mystic and Mister Astonishing are both still technically "alive", but Magnus has been stripped of all his powers (to say nothing of a large portion of his mind in general), and Mister Astonishing has yet to reconstitute himself.

The Catastrophe

An event that encompasses the systematic destruction of the super hero organization The Security Legion by villainous forces led by a mysterious figure known only as The Zellenleiter. This figure showcased a potent grasp of the heroes and their personalities and used that against them.

More to come
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter