Author Topic: I'm sure you all heard about it now...(Boston)  (Read 16911 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: I'm sure you all heard about it now...(Boston)
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »
Cute, but since I didn't say a word about Islam or ethnicity, and everything about how the Chechan President may, disturbingly, have a point that the evil was inculcated in our own country (I, personally, blame our desire to make of our nation a mosaic rather than a melting pot, and hold other cultures above our own, and make our nation out to always be the villain exploiting the rest of the world)...I think your post reflects more your own knee-jerk fears than any racism on my part.

Seriously. These guys committed an act of terrorism, and they grew up here. If we're going to blame "talk radio" after McVeigh, and Sarah Palin for the nutjob that shot Representative Giffords, perhaps we should not have a double-standard and claim there's no possible way to know the motives if it's not a politically correct group to blame.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:07:34 PM by Segev »

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: I'm sure you all heard about it now...(Boston)
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2013, 04:31:40 PM »
The mosaic strategy seemed to work pretty well for Canada. Not saying we need to copy it, but you'd think that at the very least, our social system 'would' be compatible with that. Political correctness has given minorities no reason to blend though. Why do that when they can perpetually hold it over the head of (Whites, heteros, males, etc) as a tool of dominance? The best way to have an advantage over someone else in this culture is to prove you've been victimized by him/her. And ethnic groups seem to be holding onto that advantage tooth & nail. My family didn't even come to this country until over 100 years after the Civil War, but I'm still being held accountable to compensate for acts of slavery that nobody alive today even remembers. And even after Caucasians become the minority, I doubt that will change.

Interestingly, my wife just stumbled upon an article in the past few days, suggesting that political correctness is a relic of a Nemesis... err... Marxist plot to destroy Western society from the inside out. If you will, a "super-weapon" from a dead war that rose up and ran amok after its masters had been destroyed. Heck knows if it's accurate. Could just be another conspiracy theory, but it's a pretty convincing one even to me. I've been trying to pick apart this phenomenon for years, and this is the first time I've heard mention of an attempt to 'program' people to be on the lookout for excuses to be offended.

Accurate or not, our society is living in an insane paradox. The greatest advantage is to be a victim, even though the very definition of 'victim' implies someone who is disadvantaged.