Author Topic: I'm sure you all heard about it now...(Boston)  (Read 16889 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: I'm sure you all heard about it now...(Boston)
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
I don't think there was a 'message' here. If there is, it probably only makes sense to in the mind of the nutjob who planned it.

If someone was trying to make a political statement, why hit the marathon? Isn't the BAA who sanctions the race a freaking charity? They're not out to hurt anyone.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 07:43:21 PM »
I don't think there was a 'message' here. If there is, it probably only makes sense to in the mind of the nutjob who planned it.

If someone was trying to make a political statement, why hit the marathon? Isn't the BAA who sanctions the race a freaking charity? They're not out to hurt anyone.

It may just have had the bad luck to be the largest and most high profile event on the right day and at the right location.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Surelle

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
They have a suspect, but no one is under arrest.  Security cameras from a nearby building caught a guy in sunglasses and a black jacket talking on a cell phone while dropping off the second black duffle bag.  He then ran off.  He didn't have two bags, only one, so they think there was perhaps another guy in on it with him, too.  I guess whoever dropped off the first bag was out of range of that camera.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:08:33 PM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 09:42:39 PM »
This is about more then just Boston but these sad events, compelled me to write.

Rain

In this time of sorrow
We remember those who fall
The new angels, among runners
And those who respond, first of all

When actual villians appear
We remember why we fight
Not for a game, but for the symbol
Of knowing what is right

The spirit of helping others
Of stopping, for those in need
Opposing a world of evil
And resisting one of greed

Tears fall from eyes
And from the clouds above
Wash blood from the pavement
Mourn a slaughtered dove

We stand beside you
Raising a banner, in your name
A world holding onto hope
Even in the rain

QuantumHero

AP33
The Phoenix Project
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:13:19 PM by QuantumHero »
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 10:13:20 PM »
I suspect what caused the confusion (CNN has now recanted) is the multiple definitions of the words "capture" and "catch" as it pertains to the technology in question. Those are the exact words that I use, interchangeably, no less, when talking about trying to take a good picture. Given the number of good, competent people currently working on this, we have no idea how directly the so called "sources" had gotten their information.

Also, I've seen Homeland Security consultants on each of the 24 hour news channels say several times that, essentially, "Risin is the most common false positive received from these initial tests. In fact, they get numerous false positives every day." (I'm trying to quote the guy on CNN, but it's probably more like paraphrasing, and it's essentially the same thing from each of the others.) It's terrible, if it's not a false positive, but far more likely is the possibility that it is, and, because someone slipped up and mentioned it to a Globe reporter.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 12:13:52 AM »
And of course, the crackpots on Facebook are taking these conflicting reports to indicate evidence of a False Flag Operation designed to take away our freedoms.

Nevermind the Patriot Act already did that years ago.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 01:02:46 AM »
By "false flag," you mean Alex Jones?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
By "false flag," you mean Alex Jones?
Who else?

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »
Who else?

He and a couple of others.  Latest stupidity states the gentleman in the wheel chair in photo 8 found here being helped by the cowboy hat guy (warning: picture isn't pretty and other places have cropped it because it's not pretty), is really a legless vet posing as a victim.

Morons.  Plain and simple.  Raised on black helicopters and NWO.  Everyone knows it's really the Gnomes of Zurich using their Orbital Mind Control Lasers.  :o

2nd, as for the Patriot Act, notice that when the Democrats are in charge, they really didn't try all to hard to repeal the parts they complained about when they weren't in charge.  Who wants to surrender all that power.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:56:28 AM by FatherXmas »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
2nd, as for the Patriot Act, notice that when the Democrats are in charge, they really didn't try all to hard to repeal the parts they complained about when they weren't in charge.  Who wants to surrender all that power.

Never confuse laziness, political expediency, and megalomania. ;)

(Or, as my old boss used to say, when you hear hoof beats, don't go looking for zebras.)

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
Eh. The only boon to living in our Police State is the Police are at least polite about it. And thus far those in charge understand not to bring the boot heel down on the neck too hard.

Anywho - back to Boston, and the fact CNN has pretty much destroyed whatever credibility they had left by running with the "Arrest" angle that turned out false. Blitzer's lame attempt at a recovery was wince inducing. "You run with what you have..."

Isn't the whole point of being a giant News operation that you sit on News until you can confirm it's valid?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
Isn't the whole point of being a giant News operation that you sit on News until you can confirm it's valid?
It used to be.  Now it's about the journalistic equivalent of posting "FIRST!"
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »
Eh. The only boon to living in our Police State is the Police are at least polite about it. And thus far those in charge understand not to bring the boot heel down on the neck too hard.

Anywho - back to Boston, and the fact CNN has pretty much destroyed whatever credibility they had left by running with the "Arrest" angle that turned out false. Blitzer's lame attempt at a recovery was wince inducing. "You run with what you have..."

Heh, maybe people will start screaming for "news reform."

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »
Heh, maybe people will start screaming for "news reform."
Oh, that happens periodically.

On the Left, they call out for the "Fairness Doctrine" and the like.

On the Right, they look for conservative media to counterbalance the mainstream media.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
Two problems with 24 hour news channels.

1) They need to be a profit center.  Which means ratings and ratings means eyeballs.  Goes back to the old newspaper adage, "if it bleeds it leads".  It also means they jump the gun reporting anything that they have vague confirmation on and rarely apologetic when they get it wrong (see Columbine, Olympic Park Bombing, Oklahoma City Bombing).

2) Because it's 24 hours, that's a lot of time to fill so we now have the same kind of meaningless filler that we first seen during election nights.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »
And of course, the crackpots on Facebook are taking these conflicting reports to indicate evidence of a False Flag Operation designed to take away our freedoms.

Nevermind the Patriot Act already did that years ago.

CISPA just passed the House, and the bombing was used as a reason it's needed.

And by the way, when was the last time the news media focused on THAT?

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
CISPA just passed the House, and the bombing was used as a reason it's needed.

wat

How do those two even connect? The unknown perpetrator may or may not have used the internet to gather information?

My head asplode.

When do we launch the ship for all the politicians, marketing analysts, and telephone sanitizers again? Gotta get the important people off before the asteroid hits.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
wat

How do those two even connect? The unknown perpetrator may or may not have used the internet to gather information?

My head asplode.

When do we launch the ship for all the politicians, marketing analysts, and telephone sanitizers again? Gotta get the important people off before the asteroid hits.

Big O has said he was going to veto it if it ever got to his desk but that was before Boston.

After all you got to feed "The Machine" (yes PoI reference).