Author Topic: Help me out here  (Read 2053 times)

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
Help me out here
« on: April 18, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »
My first character's just gotten to Poe and his Psychic Bomb. I'm a Freeform Archtype - Telekinesis, Telepathy, with a sprinkling of Power Armor abilities throw in - Ego based Ranged.

The patrol surrounding Poe is giving me fits at Level 9. A Driver, Blade Man, Heavy Hitter, and another "Two Hitbar" Enemy.

I can't beat those two "Lieutenants" (Sorry, CoH terminology) back-to-back. So I get dropped, respawn clear back at the start of the warehouse, and end up arriving back just as the Patrol respawns.

Do I need to go out and level some more or what's the secret to beating this?
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: Help me out here
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:40:50 PM »
I forget - what's the enemy con level here? You're level 9. What are they?

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
Um...9 and 10 I believe. They con white, so that means equal level.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:03:38 AM »
Hmm... Got a build I can look at? Or at least a basic powers list?

One potential problem I -could- think of: If you're only level 9, then you have maybe 5-6 powers total. If you've taken one or two from each of the pools you mentioned, then you might not have anything but the most basic tier 1 level powers.

While you can build a good concept toon based on the parameters you've mentioned, it's generally best if you START by specializing in something until level 12-15 or so. That way you can get some of the higher tier powers within those sets before you start branching out.

For example - based on what I've seen of your character concept elsewhere, you'd do well to concentrate entirely on the TK abilities (like the blades) first. Maybe take the Block-Replacer from the Power Armor set or the Jet boots.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »
I've had some luck being able to pull the lts and not get Poe to come with them, but not the last few times I tried it.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 02:39:42 AM »
If you have ego sprites, dot them up and flee around a corner. The enemies will lose sight of you and stand there while still taking damage. Come back to finish them off.
Spess

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 02:45:00 AM »
1- pull the others out first, so you get Poe solo
2- He's still tough at 9 because of that bloody heal, but he's doable - Kite & Block a lot
3- failing that, go back outside, run around the parking lot sweeping til you hit 10 & redo

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 03:47:23 AM »
Yeah, if you block when he uses life drain he won't heal off it.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
Yeah, finally figured out how to do it myself. Poe doesn't leave the room, which means I can kite the patrol outside and take care of it (Also spamming Ego Burst as a insta-cast helps). Against Poe...I basically just ran in, dumped my abilities onto him, blocked his drains/mez and then fled into the upper corner of the room via my Travel Power to heal up when my health got low.

And my abilities aren't the best. It's my first Freeform so I really don't know what I'm doing, but I plan on focusing more on the Telepathic side of things. I've got enough damage output for the moment, right now my issue is keeping things manageable so I'm not kissing pavement constantly.