Author Topic: 'Save Coh' Recognizes;  (Read 5800 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
'Save Coh' Recognizes;
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:25:43 AM »
the thread where we recognize real world heroes as things in our unstable world progress.

Shall we begin by referencing all the people who jumped into action during the boston bombing?

I think we should, with a strong "thankyou" and "we recognize you as true heroes! Paragon wishes it could have more like you!"
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

NoName

• Minion
Re: 'Save Coh' Recognizes;
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »
It's a real fine line between being supportive and coming off as tacky or pandering. I think we have people talented enough to get the true message of the community out but it doesn't seem easy.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 03:03:16 AM »
It's a real fine line between being supportive and coming off as tacky or pandering. I think we have people talented enough to get the true message of the community out but it doesn't seem easy.

you must think I'm a monster for trying to use the boston bombing for marketing... and honestly I knew it was a poor taste sorta thing, I thought if I worded it correctly people would find it as more of a vigil to the heroes rather than an ad for Save CoH.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 03:26:46 AM »
you must think I'm a monster for trying to use the boston bombing for marketing... and honestly I knew it was a poor taste sorta thing, I thought if I worded it correctly people would find it as more of a vigil to the heroes rather than an ad for Save CoH.

Give it a little more time.

Timing is essential in cases like this. Like when the game was closed. Some people spoke truth and what we already deep down knew but wasnt well received due to timing and the given situation.

But hold on to that idea. I think it will have more "Ommph" when they catch the perps. Dead or alive.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 06:06:03 AM »
the thread where we recognize real world heroes as things in our unstable world progress.

Shall we begin by referencing all the people who jumped into action during the boston bombing?

I think we should, with a strong "thankyou" and "we recognize you as true heroes! Paragon wishes it could have more like you!"

I am all about giving the people who jumped the name of a hero.  They are heroes.  But to use it to get support for our game seems in really bad taste.  They are two very different situations with very different emotions.  Losing CoH sucked, but isn't even a fraction of how horrible what happened in Boston was.

Kederren

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »
I did not read the OP as an attempt to bring attention to the "plight" of COH.

I saw it as an attempt, by those of us who would be heroes in our fantasies, to recognize true bravery and heroism in others.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »

I saw it as an attempt, by those of us who would be heroes in our fantasies, to recognize true bravery and heroism in others.

I thought I may have been the only one who interpreted it that way.  Being from Massachusetts myself, thoughts and prayers go out to all families and friends of those who were injured and to those who lost loved ones too soon.  This has been more surreal than I ever expected.  If, for one moment, I could be the hero that I created, I'd join that fight!  But alas I cannot so, I have the utmost respect for all who are involved and at the "frontline" of this fight.  The military, our Federal Government, state officials, state police and local police. Kudos to you all.

Massachusetts Motto is "We are Boston"  "We are Strong"  we are "Boston Strong"!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 01:51:06 AM »

indeed, the original thought was purely about recognizing those heroes then I figured it would also be good publicity, so it was a little of both..

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 05:22:50 AM »
Now this has sort of got me wondering, IS there any kind of an organization out there that recognizes heroes?

I mean, I know that different branches of the service give out medals, and you have things like the Nobel Peace Prize, but has there ever been a generic reward for heroic acts that can be bestowed upon anyone, regardless of their profession or background?

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 07:51:38 AM »

I'm all for that. I wasn't trying to accuse Joshex of doing so, I just wanted to makes sure it didn't go that way.

There is a few things we could possibly do.  We raised money for a dinner we could do something similar for the people who jumped in to help those injured in the blasts.  We could also raise money for the victims and the families of the victims.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
I'm all for that. I wasn't trying to accuse Joshex of doing so, I just wanted to makes sure it didn't go that way.

There is a few things we could possibly do.  We raised money for a dinner we could do something similar for the people who jumped in to help those injured in the blasts.  We could also raise money for the victims and the families of the victims.

I think this is a good Idea, we could call it "from fantasy heroes to real heroes" or something like that, we could also probably make some paragon esque medals or something, I know people who do silicon moulding and such, and I'm sure they are easy to find if you type it in on yahoo/google.

point is these heroes deserve a reward, every time we finished a mission we got a reward, so real heroes should get somehting as well.

I'm thinking either the hero Star symbol or the PPD (paragon police department) or the Freedom Corp. badge

maybe different badges for different types of citizen heroic situations.

hero could be general heroics
PPD could be Peace keeping heroics
and Freedom Corp. could be awarded to the few who consistently jump in as heroes whenever possible. or (repeat heroism)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:07:35 PM by Joshex »

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »

Now that you mention it,  Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino have announced the formation of The One Fund Boston, Inc. to help the people most affected by the tragic events that occurred in Boston on April 15, 2013.  For all those who would like to assist in this, please feel free to follow this link to "The One Fund":  https://onefundboston.org/ 

This link is exactly for what you mentioned above.  Please feel free to pass it around on your own facebook pages as well.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 07:03:20 AM »
We should see if TonyV or someone could set up a Titan Donation fund, and then he donates all of them at once to the above fund.  More people might donate if it is a call to action.  However, I actually saw this on the news the other day and was going to donate as is.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 04:04:49 PM »
We should see if TonyV or someone could set up a Titan Donation fund, and then he donates all of them at once to the above fund.  More people might donate if it is a call to action.  However, I actually saw this on the news the other day and was going to donate as is.

agreed