Author Topic: Anyone around from Champion server?  (Read 22813 times)

Olde Glory

• Minion
Anyone around from Champion server?
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
I was wondering how many people here had Champion as their home server? I started out there way back in issue2 and never really could bring myself to leave. I have a lot of fond memories of the friends that I made there...We were a small but close-knit group of regulars. I spent the last few minutes sitting on the steps of City Hall chatting with a friend while watching the world end.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:52:27 PM by Olde Glory »

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
Re: Anyone around from Champion server?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
My main alternative server, ran Gurgoyle, Protector 645, Amerigo Expatriot.....

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »
Briefly.  I used to lead a small, hardcore SG on Champion.  Just a few friends who gathered there (usually Thursday Nights) for a year or two and played toon after toon, delete-upon-death style.  After those friends moved on, I moved over to Justice Server & got my weekly Hardcore fix through the Iron Eagles SG.

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »
I played on Champion but my main servers were Pinnacle and Triumph.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
Champion was my main server.  My main sg was Agents of Chaos.  We were also a small, tight knit group.  The only reason I have been to DCUO and GW2 was due to my former teammates.  I was part of several larger sgs, but there seemed to always be unneeded drama.  I was also active on Pinn, Freedom, and Virtue.  Champion, however, was my true home.

Ecessero

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »
I was always playing on Champion server on and off from issue 1 till the very end.
Kyth the Titan here, I was that crazy fella from a few channels, could never really get into any of the sg stuff. Hope one day I get to talk with other champions

Mains: Soul Lightning, Everliving Warrior, King of the Chalupas, Titanas, tons more.
So much altitis back then.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
I was on Champion throughout most of CoH's lifespan, though I was mostly on Virtue towards the end.

Malohin

• Underling
  • Excellent!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »
Started on Champion. Played with Unleashed, B.O.S.S., Tech Knights, but mostly with anyone on the Alliance Network channel, once global channels started working right. :)

B.O.S.S. -- Ascention Blue, Caveat, Electeriffic, JOGGER-NAUGHT, Prof. White, Stormtiger, Wintergeist.

Tech Knights -- TK-314, TK-415, TK-987.
Our weekly "AR/Dev" SG --  "You've got problems? We've got bullets."

tomborocks1

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:29 PM »
My daughter somehow ended up on Champion, even though my mains were on Guardian. We decided we would have a Monster High/Teen Titans mix and I actually grew the cajones to start our own super group, The Faceplant Society of Paragon. I had no idea what the hell I was doing, but it was our own little daddy/daughter group, so who cares?

So, yeah, I was on Champion a lot. If the names Kalvin El, Venemous Burn, or Archer Lass ring a bell, yup, they were me. Sevilla was my daughter's main and a bevy of Monster High themed toons (Draculina, Francesca Stein, Abbie Snow).

purplemanwolf

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 03:35:27 AM »
was on champion from start to end

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
Champion from day 1 until the end.  B.O.S.S. for life.

Heya Malohin!

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 06:25:42 PM »
I had a large amount of characters on Champion.  My most frequent were Guardian of the Pit (TW/WP Scrapper), X-357 (EB/EM Blaster) and Senka Nithra (Warshade) for Blue side and Agent Blood (Arachnos Soldier) for Red side.
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »
I played on Champion.  I joined "The Eternals" SG way back in the beginning with "Assault Barbie".  I still had her at the end.  Unfortunately, my severe Altitis prevented me from getting her to 50.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
I started out on Champion.  Though I moved to Virtue, for the most part, I always checked in on Champion from time to time.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Nilbog

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
I played exclusively on Champ from launch til my account was stolen in 2010. I was mostly my Ice blaster Nilbog and my bs/sr Slayer, Deathspider, Deftones...ect. I was in SG's Legendaries and later pvp group Ex-Ops.

It is funny, there are so many character/people that I remember teaming with, the toons through the vehicle of the player had so much depth and personality. It was truly like we were all meeting within the realm of imagination

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
From about early 2005 to sometime 2009 i played almost exclusively on Champion, before that i was mostly on Guardian and after 2009 i tended to split my time between Virtue and Champion, with a fair bit on Justice in 2012. On Champion i mostly had alts in B.O.S.S. and the various Pingu SGs.
A few notable alts on Champion were Space Pirate Mi-chan ("You think you're tough, $target?! I'll lay eggs in your chest!"), Doctor/Dr. Malthusian, Heretic Eidolon, Mechageist, Ryonen Ch'an, Anax Necross, Void Seeker, and many others.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Acemace

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:56:14 AM »
Champion from day 1 until the end.  B.O.S.S. for life.

Heya Malohin!

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:16:26 PM »

Ah... better days... winding up for the KOB... heya Ace!

solerunner

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »
Me and My wife played on champion for all 8 years. when I 1st started my mains were Evil Blaster and Evil Tanker, Evil controller, on heroes. on vills they start with Good. then we Changed it up to Mr. Brute and Mrs stalker was hers .in the end all my toons had Jordan my name in them. We Just started to play Champions online and Swtor again so if any clans or SG out there on them shot me a PM.

Nilbog

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »

I remember adventuring with Ace, Greetings