Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 150972 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2016, 09:10:42 PM »
Outside of playing TSW and STO, I have started playing visual novel games such as Sunrider :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

nitz

• Underling
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2016, 04:15:28 AM »
Can anyone recommend a game for a casual player MMORPG style?

Was playing Aion but it's a bit too hard for me and requires too much time to get decently geared, the community mostly sucks.

Also I hate the fact I need to get on Ventrilo/Teamspeak in order to do something stupid and repetitive, it completely breaks the game immersion to me.

Been playing Ultima IIV on a DOSBox...

Haven't found anything since CoX  :'(

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2016, 04:22:55 AM »
TERA is fun, the combat is the best EVER, and the graphics are amazing.  The downside is that it will not scratch that deep-down altitis very well.  The faces are adjustable, but the suits are whatever drops (or whatever you can buy), so customization is pretty low and every one of your alts do THE SAME MISSIONS!  Its fun for the first two or three

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »

I played Skyforge for a few months at beta and just afterwards.

Upside is it's a very pretty game, atmospheric graphics, nice thematic styling with lovely combat animations and wonderful avatars.

Downside is the combat is a bit consoley and can get quite twitch frantic, and the maps do get repetitive, and the difficulty curve can very quickly become a vertical wall if you don't plan your character's stats the right way.

In terms of 'casual' though, the real problem with the game comes if you satrt to take it too seriously and follow through to the end game of becoming a god and all that jazz. Then it becomes a major, major team&guild-based timesink, which is when I stopped playing.

But if you ignore the end game, it makes a nice diversion. If you liked, you could level up to the point where you have access to the open world mission areas and just wander around, looking at all the prettiness, the beaches, the greenery, architecture...

The game is free, so it certainly has that going for it if nothing else :)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »
Still mostly single player games.  Because mmorpgs are crap far as I can tell if they have to make you over-dependant on someone who only does one thing or only one other thing.  I should look for a coopertive game that isn't all about healing/tank/damage but incorporates other roles in things that, when combat is there, it isn't all about whoever is healing the tank and every little thing going to a perfect plan.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2016, 10:37:10 PM »

Middle Earth Online is pretty casual.  I have been off and on there for years, and it still cool to hunt orcs.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2016, 11:59:19 PM »

Middle Earth Online is pretty casual.  I have been off and on there for years, and it still cool to hunt orcs.

ESO and GW2 are both very casual. They're popular so there's people to play with. They have different art styles, but they're both attractive if you like the styles they went with. They both have fairly robust RP communities, though I would lean towards ESO in that regard. They both have a version of RvR which I think is a fun and less stressful way to PvP a bit. Last time I played GW2 still had more intense PvP as well. They both have side stuff to do like finding things scattered all over the landscape in ESO, jump puzzles in GW2, achievements, etc. ESO is supposed to have housing coming soonish. Both games have flexible classes and ways to build them. My one big problem with GW2 is NCSoft, but I like both games.

EDIT: I just realized I quoted the wrong post the other day. I regret nothing. >.>
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:08:12 PM by Castegyre »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
Boy does it.  I really wanted to like the Division too.  What it sounds like to me is if you aren't max level, there is no need to do the missions on Hard.  You don't really get weapons good enough to mow down purps and yellows until level cap.

Eventually near the end game you won't even see red bar health enemies anymore.  So enjoy it while it lasts:)

The game is fun in small doses, if you can find some people to play with it will be a little better.  The game just made the same mistake all online games make now, they tried to appeal to EVERYONE and that is a sure fire way to mess up your game.  The game just feels spread thin.

The Dark Zone is fun though, it really brings out your inner bandit.  If you can get a team of 4 people who are pretty decent and geared out, you can basically hold entire instances at gun point.  I don't even do it for the loot, I have no interest in taking peoples hard earned items.  I just want them to know who is in charge of that particular DZ.

I actually did start to really like it, especially after I got to 30, got a bunch of pieces of hand-me-down High-End gear (so I was GS 155 right at the start), and then update 1.2 pushed me even higher.  I'm both looking forward to and dreading 1.3 (since the weapon changes will buff my oddball LMG-centric build, but the new tier of gear means I'll have to start looking for new equipment all over again)

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2016, 08:19:50 PM »
Just started No Man's Sky.  My rig needs a new vidcard but my wife's runs it well.  Anyone who liked to explore for badges would love it, I think :)
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2016, 08:06:18 PM »
Got back into EVE Online this month and have been mostly just derping around low sec in rifter frigates. Good times.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »
I actually did start to really like it, especially after I got to 30, got a bunch of pieces of hand-me-down High-End gear (so I was GS 155 right at the start), and then update 1.2 pushed me even higher.  I'm both looking forward to and dreading 1.3 (since the weapon changes will buff my oddball LMG-centric build, but the new tier of gear means I'll have to start looking for new equipment all over again)

Have you played it since the Underground update came out?  I was thinking of trying it again now that they more hefty content added to the game.

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2016, 11:05:59 AM »
Got back into EVE Online this month and have been mostly just derping around low sec in rifter frigates. Good times.

I tried Eve a looooong time ago, wasn't my thing, may try it again once the clone state stuff and f2p starts

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2016, 09:28:44 PM »
Wow Legion... I spent (pretty much) the whole last week in Azeroth, how's that for a vacation? ;D
Legion's story (so far) is fairly decent, the zones are beautiful and Demon Hunters are a blast to play. They're like Scrapperlock incarnate, as long as you keep killing stuff it's nigh impossible to die yourself.
And they're really fast, so getting to the next mob (on the screen) is never a problem.
The expansion dropped at midnight between monday and tuesday and I had my warrior (who looks remarkably like Skeletor) hit lvl 110 on friday morning... 2 a.m. or so.

I like the current transmog system. It's still far from an actual character builder, but much better than what was available before.
Still, finding matching pieces for whatever you have in mind can be a real pain in the rear.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:45:45 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2016, 11:44:24 PM »
The expansion dropped at midnight between monday and tuesday and I had my warrior (who looks remarkably like Skeletor) hit lvl 110 on friday morning... 2 a.m. or so.

What timing! I just committed to leveling up a few thousand Alternate Advancement points on my old EverQuest main..

(Ancient Online Games humor)

Level 110... Wow.

Some WoW sounds fun. It's been a lonnnng time. Every time I see it mentioned I think "ah, that new game" even though it hasn't been That New Game since .. awhile.

I mean, graphically speaking, there was NeverWinter Nights... EQ.... WoW.... And then for me it was CoH (in God Mode, how it was meant to be played - but before Respecs, as it was not meant to be played..) and then there is everything else. Right? Oh wait, no, Britannia... what is it called... awww man... ULTIMA! was in there somewhere. Number 2 or 3.. WoW was 4,

I always picture WoW as having the first 'modern' graphics engine of the above bunch (but EQ's mob AI was 10x as evil) is probably why I get that 'New Game' image whenever I see it mentioned.

*shrug*

Anyway! I haven't played in a long time but was out loud impressed with that kind of mega-leveling and it makes me want to play.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #274 on: September 11, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
Gave Overwatch a try, because of the free weeekend.  I don't think it's really My Game, but it's fun to try out all the characters.  I'm mostly using Pharah, because she's so straightforward (which is both a strength and a weaknesses)

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #275 on: September 11, 2016, 06:10:53 PM »
I'm just poking along terraforming a club world in Trove. Occasionally I dust off an old game and play through it. I'm thinking I might play Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession soon.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2016, 01:41:26 AM »
I bought Toxikk today and have been having a blast with it this evening. It's a fast-paced arena shooter harkening back to the days of Unreal Tournament.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
Played the first chapter of Telltale's Batman over the weekend.

Different pace than I was expecting based on previous Telltale games I've played (Sam and Max series, Monkey Island, etc.), but entirely what you should expect with a good Batman title.  Action sequences felt good and the controls were relatively simple even if they felt a touch inconsistent.  Thinking about it now, the controls for the action remind me of Dragon's Lair, but the consequences of missing a single input are nowhere near as severe.

The story is shaping up nicely.  Several members of the rogues gallery have already made an appearance - all flowing naturally into the story, none feeling forced.

It's also interesting to see the choices you make actually modifying the story as it progresses, too.  No idea what sort of magnitude the change from those decisions might end up with, but it makes the story feel a little more organic.

Quite the voice cast they've managed to pull together for the project, too.

Looking forward to the rest of the chapters.  Chapter 2 due out next week.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2016, 10:00:03 PM »
I cannot FFFing believe I completed my Bachelors Degree, one course at a time, and CoH is still not back. Oh well, I'll start on my Masters and we'll see.

I did Black Desert very heavily for a few months, but then realized the entire end-game is PvP which I pretty much hate. It's a seriously good game, but mandatory participation in PvP after level 45 was just a deal-breaker.

I gave Wildstar another run, and it has improved a lot. The problem is there's just nothing special about it. It has little jabs at corporate america and really good cartoon-style character animation, but everything else is done the same or better in other games. After about a month of playing here and there, my squirrel girl will probably forever hibernate at level 37.

I gave the browser/flash game "The Fantastic Contraption" a hell of a lot of time, solved the 40 in-game levels and several of the high-difficulty player-built ones. But then they all started to look roughly the same (huge gap with everything blocked or pointed the wrong way). There is a VR/3D remake out there, but I'm not dropping $800 for a VR console that only has a few games available.

So I am now downloading both Tera and Rift. We'll see whether either of those has anything appealing. Both look interesting for their own reasons.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2016, 12:55:26 AM »
Has anyone tried Age of Empires II.......HD? I just saw it on Steam.

The original game is really, really, good.. I had a working copy of this up until a few years ago and it was always nice having it there for when I wanted to play. I remember the graphics being pretty grainy/blocky though so a 'remastered' version sounds pretty tempting..!

They also say the game has 'improved' ai and all these new features, soooo, I am wondering if they remastered or redid..

I would really like a reMastered copy of this game, I think.

Anyway, just checking if anyone's played the old and new version and what the comparison might be? Is it pretty much the same game with updated graphics + some new stuff, or a whole new game?

I'm tempted to grab Command HQ off of Steam, too. This is another game that is just fun, even though it's pretty ancient. The mouse interface is pretty good for its time and the gamplay is awesome. I used to modem play this with a real nice guy that sold games at the same store I did when it was new. Many late nights..

I'm in nostalgia mode for some reason.. Trying to pay my data limiting ISP less, too, by playing some *sigh* single player..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>