Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 151102 times)

alphajaybo

• Lieutenant
  • The one The only Alpha Protocol V2.9
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2014, 05:08:25 PM »
At the moment I've been playing quite alot of Dark Age Of Camelot! for a old game it still packs a punch :P RvR and the battle grounds are fun, Also been playing some wow classic/Wrath private servers since im currently short on money. The two non MMO games that i am addicted to are Sid Meiers civ5 and Total War Shogun2, with a bit of Starwars Kotor 1 and 2 on the side! :D
Daoc CoH and WoW

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
Played some Kingdom of Loathing recently
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »
Played some Kingdom of Loathing recently
I met my husband in KoL  :-* :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2014, 12:27:59 AM »
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Paper Mario.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2014, 09:06:41 AM »
I give up on finding an other MMO. I try Rift, play a character there to the max level, just to be "done" there and not because it was fun. I try DC Universe Online again like every year, see that it is still the same boring game and deinstalled it again. I try Star Trek Online, fun but nothing else then a nice single player with an multiplayer option and now... I'm done for now. I wait for the other superhero mmos and play games on the PC or on my Wii-U.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
I can safely say that SW:TOR is reeling me in -- I haven't subscribed yet, but picked up some cartel coins for preferred status.  Clearly I've been scarred by the closure of CoH though as I now use FRAPs to record ridiculous amounts of video, which means lots of virtualdub too ( ' ;

Also, was in the The Elder Scrolls Online Beta and wound up pre-ordering an Imperial Edition on greenmangaming for $64.  Be careful if you order from them as their ecommerce system is kinda terrible (check your credit statements to verify proper sales!)

In between it all is some Civ5 with friends.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Jonfan

• Minion
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
I tried out several games after Nov. 30th 2012 including CO, DCU, and Rift but the only game that had enough depth for me is SWTOR. It's pretty good. The various worlds are large and distinct; the crafting system is good, as is combat, but no game I have tried has truly felt like home.

Regardless of the lore in a game, all missions in these MMOs come down to 3 basic things:

1) Go Here, 
2) Kill These Mobs, 
3) Click These Glowies

Although the same could be said of CoX, it never felt like that at all. These other games make it all too apparent.

Oh yes, a bit of MOO 2 here and there as well. Not an MMO, but still a great game.

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »
Update for me:

Back into TSW after taking a three month break...and I'm reminded of why it had actually displaced CoH as my "main" prior to the shutdown. As insanely immersive and atmospheric as ever, and the new content, while not massive in amount, is as well done as prior stuff. Same meh combat system and slightly clunky character movement/fluidity. Yet another currency and layer of character building complexity (Augments). TSW actually has more currencies than late-stage CoH. That's not a compliment...  But still the best MMO I've ever played, although not as much a "part of my life" as CoH was. That's probably something that can't be repeated.

Dropped SWTOR, probably for good. The game has a lot of strong points, but it never really "clicked" for me, and I usually played it mostly because some close gaming friends do. My biggest issue remains the very tight "channelization" of character development, etc. Your character almost exclusively follows their story, and for a roleplayer who delights in creating his own, this is a huge issue. Bog-standard tab-to-target MMO combat system. There's some very good content writing. Not nearly as good as TSW, but no MMO is.  As good as CoH, though, and that's a high compliment.

Still playing Defiance, still really enjoying it, despite some serious limitations. New content only trickles in, bugs and glitches still abound, and the game is clearly Trion's unloved bastard stepchild. But the combat system is superb, and character movement and fluidity are miles beyond any MMORPG (Defiance is an MMOTPS) besides CoH. The new "improved" chat system is still complete crap, so I can't actually recommend the game to roleplayers like me; I tolerate its RP-unfriendliness because so many other aspects of the game are brilliant. So much potential, so little of it realized...but it's a genuine MMO shooter. That works for me.

On the horizon? Hmmm...nothing in the near term, really. I'd be all over Wildstar as a nearly unique exception to the rule that humor in MMOs is terribad, but no way I'm ever playing that game. Because NCSoft...

Long term? Star Citizen. Duh.

crayehal

• Minion
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2014, 05:47:18 AM »
I can safely say that SW:TOR is reeling me in -- I haven't subscribed yet, but picked up some cartel coins for preferred status. 
Prolly too late to mention it, but sometimes, can get $5 SWTOR game box on ebay.  With the code, it gives 30 day sub, then preferred status after 30 days.
If you are on Harbinger or Shadowlands, I'll be glad to show you how to get unlocks with credits.  My villain group has a guild on Shadowlands and is pretty active.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
Prolly too late to mention it, but sometimes, can get $5 SWTOR game box on ebay.  With the code, it gives 30 day sub, then preferred status after 30 days.
If you are on Harbinger or Shadowlands, I'll be glad to show you how to get unlocks with credits.  My villain group has a guild on Shadowlands and is pretty active.

Yeah, I've seen them for ~10 at various places, but just opted into a 2 month purchase.  I'm actually on... Jung Ma... at the moment, which is an RP-PVP server.  I can firmly declare that I've pvp'd more in the last week of swtor than I have in the 8 years of CoH I played ---and I'm going back for more.

As noted, swtor is pretty much a traditional mmo with a SW skin, but it is a very well done one.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Spatch1971

• Underling
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2014, 12:29:44 AM »
Well, I've stayed away from MMOGs since the sunset of CoH.  Until now. 

A year and a quarter after CoH's sunset, I'm now moving on in the MMOG world.  I'm diving head first into the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online title set for release 4.4.14.  Pre-purchased the collector's edition a few weeks back.  Played in a couple betas so far, and another coming this weekend and it's a lovely game if you're into the fantasy genre.  And, I've enjoyed the single-player Elder Scroll experience.  I haven't decided my first build yet, but she'll be an homage to my main in CoH, Cinnamon Red, 50++ Peacebringer on Champion server.  All that said, I'll still miss CoH and will always be there with my /e holdtorch.  I spent over eight uninterrupted years in the CoH world, and it will always be a cherished memory.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2014, 01:24:44 AM »
Mostly Kerbal Space Program (+Interstellar +FAR +DeadlyReentry +InfernalRobotics +RemoteTech2 +KAS... and a whole bunch of other mods too). Mostly did sandbox before, but now that Interstellar is in the mix I'm trying a career mode save with 0.23.

Other than that, some FTL from time to time. Still need to unlock the Stealth and Slug ships. And maybe Crystal, but that sounds like a massive pain. The Torus is still my favorite.

Not playing any MMOs at the moment; they just take up too much time. Let my wow sub expire since I wasn't playing it hardly ever (and the last expansion sucked anyway).

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2014, 02:34:15 AM »
I'm still playing the Secret World.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »
I'm not playing as much CO as I did in the past, but I still play there from time to time.

I've also played some Minecraft. (Love Creative Mode).

And lately, I've been playing a lot of Neverwinter. It's a pretty fun game IMO.

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
I've recently picked up FF14 during a Steam Sale. Playing heavily while trying to decide whether I want to subscribe once my month is up. So far I'm enjoying gathering and crafting as much as fighting.

Prior to that, I ran through Rune Factory 4. Nice farming sim game with a few serious flaws. Enjoyed it at first, was glad to be done with it by the end.

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
I've rallied up a bunch of old friends I used to play dice games with. Currently we are playing a tabletop game in Evansville IN. The campaign is City of Heroes. The system is Savage Worlds. The miniatures....maps.... normal tabletop resources...are steadily being replaced with the City of Heroes game client!
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:19 AM »
Just started Skyrim after picking it up in a recent Steam sale for just 3 quid, and I'm surprised to find it's filling some of the void in the way no MMO has been able to do since CoX was murdered.  Reasonably customisable character, interesting world to explore, main and side missions...  Concentrating on heavy armour and 2-handed weapons.  Wondering what it will be like to replay it with a mage or a thief focus instead...

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »
tried to play in the EQO beta... ent to install it "Please free up 30gb o additional space."

thirty gigs? I have a 64 gig SSD; the only way I could free thirty gigs is to uninstall windows 7 and go all the way back to a stripped down XP build or linux. Uggh!!!!!! and I see more MMOs are going towards this bloated ideal.

angry old man impulses rising.. I want my pancaking City back!
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Allotrion

• Underling
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2014, 08:35:59 PM »
I went back to The Secret World after a long break and am now deeply engrossed and entrenched in it.  I think the steep learning curve was a bit intimidating when I first tried it.  And although I'm no expert at it yet (I just unlocked NM Dungeons), I feel like I have a good grasp of the mechanics and know what I need to shoot for in order to make my character better. 

Dollhouse and saipaman, although I joined the #coh-refugees chat channel, I rarely see any chat going on.  I'm still looking for ex-CoH'ers to play with so if you see me online, shoot me a tell/whisper.  My nickname over there is... **drumroll**... AshaManCoH.  You can find me on Chronicle under the same name. 

I hope to finally team with some CoH'ers over there.

- Asha'Man

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2014, 06:50:07 AM »
Played marathon 2 today and even a bit yesterday, though it's not an mmorpg, I have fun with the classic I used to play since I was a kid when it first came out.  It's fun because you don't spend all day waiting for a healer to join your team so you can do something that you don't really enjoy but feel compelled to due to the reward, that never comes due to bad luck.  There isn't much luck in shooters involved, which is what I enjoy about them.

I also been playing skyrim a bunch on my free time or diablo 3(yes, a blizzard game, but hey, I don't wait around for a healer in that game for thirty minutes, try to get one last run of a repetitive mission in, see a team wipe in 10 seconds cause the healer lagged, try it one last time, healer disconnects, team wipes and then everyone abandons the approach, effectively wasting 45 minutes of my day).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.