Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 150926 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »
Started up an STO account... so far I am not hating it. definitely a damned sight more enjoyable than CO was in my eyes.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »
So, I'm pretty addicted to SWtor right now, which is problematic as TESO headstart is tomorrow annnnd I happened to receive for my birthday a copy of The Last Of Us (which I have started) - gah!  the games, the games! ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2014, 08:28:29 AM »
im drifting between sto and co, but mostly im really not playing much, due to college :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
Just got a pair of 2DS's for myself and my wife, so we've both been playing Pokemon (I got Y, she got X).

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
I've been playing Civ 5 G&K/BNW.  BTW, someone created (don't remember the mod author's name, but hats off to him/her) a CoHV mod that adds Paragon City, The Rogue Isles, and Praetoria as playable Civilizations.  How cool is that! ;)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »
STO.

It's not too bad (in particular, if Champions Online had been done as well, I'll bet half of us would be playing it). Ground combat's a bit blah, but on the other hand there are two kinds of combat and space combat's quite jolly. Enemies are a bit undifferentiated in the early levels, but then again so were the Hellions and the Skulls.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »
I went back to diablo 3 when they released the expansion, and I have to say, the game now is what I thought I was going to get at launch. It works much better and is a lot more fun than the RM auction house driven pile of manure they delivered originally.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
STO.

It's not too bad (in particular, if Champions Online had been done as well, I'll bet half of us would be playing it). Ground combat's a bit blah, but on the other hand there are two kinds of combat and space combat's quite jolly. Enemies are a bit undifferentiated in the early levels, but then again so were the Hellions and the Skulls.
This is true, but cryptic/pwe/Atari dropped champions online dev, as soon as they saw sto needed help. but they never went back to fix Champions and still refuse to do anything with this game. No foundry, no meaningful content that's not temp missions, lock boxes, and temp events. That is why Im not playing that much or not at all.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
I went back to diablo 3 when they released the expansion, and I have to say, the game now is what I thought I was going to get at launch. It works much better and is a lot more fun than the RM auction house driven pile of manure they delivered originally.

Hardcore is a blast!  I agree, the expansion made this game worth playing.  :)

Hero of Steel

• Boss
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2014, 06:02:05 AM »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:17:28 PM by Hero of Steel »

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2014, 05:14:20 PM »
SWTOR, Eve online, LOTRO, STAR TREK ONLINE, Warframe, World of Tanks, Battlefield(Battlecrap 4), Warthunder.

Fleur_uk

• Lieutenant
  • @Fleur_Eriss
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »
SWTOR and Shroud of Avatar when they have the prealpha servers available.   But.....if I'm honest, I'm bored... :(  My jedi sage is 55.  Nothing out there like CoH :(   /pout

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2014, 11:29:47 AM »
As of late, playing lot's of Elder Scrolls Online and messing with the GTN in SWTOR ( ' :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crayehal

• Minion
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2014, 06:54:19 AM »
As of late, ... messing with the GTN in SWTOR ( ' :
Which SWTOR server are you on?  I'm on Harbinger and shadowlands, Imperial side, since I'm the villainous type.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2014, 05:39:41 PM »
On the MMO end i have characters in FF XIV, SWTOR, and The Secret World, but i can't say i'm playing any game regularly at this point; i sort of hop into one of them for a few hours every couple of days. If i joined an active guild i'd play more regularly, but currently most of my characters are guildless or in guilds with few active members.

i've played a few hours of DDO and while the stories and voicing are hilariously cheesy it hasn't really grabbed my attention yet.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
   I've been trying to persevere thru several games but nothing I've found even remotely compares to CoH.

I've soloed a half dozen characters of various ATs thru Neverwinter, but it becomes so repetitive. 

I gave Champions Online another try with several different character types, but I get tired of playing the game since I don't bother paying to open the damn lockboxes, and teaming is pretty much non-existent.

I've tried Star Trek Online, but have no real intention of studying for the equivalent of an Engineering Degree in order to maximize my ship's options.  (But to be honest, my 35 year-old son loves the game.)

On a high note, Perfect Word International has come nice character customization options, and the Ranger and Cleric classes are played by Flying Elves (which makes a big difference in getting around quickly and avoiding large groups of hostiles.)  The background is based around a Far Eastern Mythology, which makes it something quite different from your average Tolkeinesque rip-off.

Strategy-wise, my games of choice are Civilization (IV because I was too busy to give it much attention while I was playing CoH, and V because it's quite different from the others in the franchise, and the CoH-based mod is fun to play with.) 

I've also enjoyed some of the sci-fi style 4X strategy games such as Sins of A Solar Empire - Rebellion, AI War, and The Sword of the Stars series of games.

Flight sim wise (and I've been dealing Death from Above since the mid-80s) I've been studying some of Eagle Dynamics combat sims, such as Lock-On Modern Air Combat, and their interlocked DCS World simulator.  These can all be played at any level of complexity you prefer, from an arcade version thru a quasi-military training level with lots of bells, whistles and tons of functional buttons to push.

I still activate Icon occasionally, to make new costumes / uniforms as well as to visit the old haunts and hideouts, especially after having spent most of Saturday night checking out the CoH videos on YouTube when a real-life friend and CoH partner came over, and we both reminisced about locations as they popped up on the TV (I was using my Roku box new YouTube function to check them out), we had a friendly griping session about how much we'd both love to get back to Paragon City if the opportunity ever presented itself. 

I have to give Samuraiko 4 Stars for the great job she's done in showing off some of her team's experiences in the game, as well as expressing her emotions concerning it's loss via her excellent video work. Great work, Michelle!

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2014, 11:51:05 PM »
Which SWTOR server are you on?  I'm on Harbinger and shadowlands, Imperial side, since I'm the villainous type.

I'm on Jung-ma, rp pvp server -- my legacy spreads across both sides of the war.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2014, 06:45:10 AM »
Been playing skyrim with skyrim redone myself.  It's especially challenging, though it's not to hard.  If anything, it's more like master/legendary difficulty done right rather than what was actually done, in that enemies are not made automatically more durable AND doing more damage but instead, everyones damage is higher but they are also smarter.  They bash more, dodge alot more and whatnot.  I found hearthfire home rushing to be especially worthwhile more-so than normal skyrim since enemies are more dangerous, every advantage is important including the massive potion supply a hearthfire home can provide.

Found the race changes also changes the game significantly.  High elves gain "disk one nukes" in the form of channel magicka, which, combined with destruction magic now benefiting from sneak attacks from a distance, allows for very easy assassination of even higher level enemies, which is VERY important in skyre.  But even without it's doable with a mage.  Archery and stealth is also much improved in terms of pacing since you can one-shot most enemies.  But I wouldn't recommend melee early on.  It's better to develop good ranged skills and decent armor and transition into melee over time rather than going pure melee right off the bat.  Otherwise enemies curb stomp you very easy.  Skyrim redone makes you play with your head or REALLY lose it.

Just make sure you have a mod to increase the number of available perks like the uncapper or a dragon souls to perks mod.  Otherwise you won't have enough as even an especially specialized character will need about twice as many perks to be as effective as a non skyre character.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

PsychicKitty

• Underling
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
I play skyrim like others with mods...and play some of the fallout games with mods still.

I was playing elder scrolls online but stopped....the teleport cheating and bots and a plethora of problems...with no live GMs and system where you can only ever have 5 skills to use out of 1000s was just a little too lame for me.

I still jump back and do Star Trek Online and Jade Dynasty, and Champions, and DC Universe Online and Forsaken world and Dragon's Prophet, and Hellgate London and some games on Origin.

So far the two games that are keeping me going are Marvel Heroes Online and RIFT.

Marvel Heroes is a lot like what diablo should have been....its has some of the old COH developers and Moderators working on it as well. 
Though you don't have the same flying or movement freedom it does have many city of heroes like features and are getting more all the time.

The other game RIFT is a fantasy game, again has developers and moderators who where from the COH game.
I tried this one and fell in love with it due to the fact it had many features again like city of heroes.
It uses a patron system for the sidekick/exemplar system.  Has dimensions all players can have...instead of a super base and you can make you own arenas for pvp if you want.  You have tons of costumes....you can even go invisible and stay that way as long as you like.
Again it seams to be getting many feature coh had as time goes on.

Both of these games are free to play.....in my opinion I would try them both and play both....is it truly wrong to play more then one game at a time?

Oh and for RIFT if you want some bonus stuff: RIFT Ascension Link
If you already have an account use the code: Y3JCKKPXTYR6XD6RF6PQ

For Marvel Heroes they have lots of stuff going on....but also you can use codes on your account like: MIDTOWN and WAKANDAN and INSTITUTE and start with some bonus' and buffs.

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »
Well, I was playing The Secret World (and before that SWTOR, and before that I tried a bunch of others that I didn't like for a variety of reasons), but I seem to have gotten to that part of the game that is all dungeons and lairs and grinding the same crap over and over.  I haven't logged on to it to play (except for the new scenarios a few times) in about six months.  Doubt I will again until a new issue with new story arcs comes out.

I got the emails about Marvel's Heroes, and I guess I can try that one again.  I didn't like it that much in beta, but maybe it's better now. 

Sigh.

I just wish . . . well, the same thing we all wish.