Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 150990 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2015, 03:19:58 AM »
Still pretty deep into WoW. This is by far the longest I've stuck with it. Probably because of the pet battle and garrison additions - I'm a sucker for side stuff.

I logged into SWTOR and realized I couldn't increase in level or gear without buying an unlock for my account (for level increase) and unlock PER CHARACTER (for gear). Or I could subscribe and get the gear unlocks, but I'd still have to buy the expansion for the level increase. F that noise. I appreciate so much how City did their Premium restrictions...
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2015, 04:32:22 PM »
Still pretty deep into WoW. This is by far the longest I've stuck with it. Probably because of the pet battle and garrison additions - I'm a sucker for side stuff.

I logged into SWTOR and realized I couldn't increase in level or gear without buying an unlock for my account (for level increase) and unlock PER CHARACTER (for gear). Or I could subscribe and get the gear unlocks, but I'd still have to buy the expansion for the level increase. F that noise. I appreciate so much how City did their Premium restrictions...
question, I thought the full 1 to 50 was free in star wars tor. Free to plays were made to level slower. This is why most free to plays do not play star wars old reb. I think.
I agree by comparison City of did good to their free to plays (even though there were some things I personally did not agree with).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:13:36 AM by Angel Phoenix77 »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »
I still have a SWTOR account, but I have not logged in weeks.  Just the thought of CoH coming back has made it almost unthinkable (and definitely not enjoyable) to play.  I would have just closed my account months ago, but there were three other people that I played with a couple of times a week, and I did not want to leave them hanging.  However, between their scheduling conflicts, and my own, it is kind of fading away on its own, so the end is near.

If that happens, I can guarantee I will not be playing another MMO until I can log into CoH.  There are just none out there that interest me enough to get invested for how ever much time there is before the deal is done.  If it falls apart (universe forbid!), then I guess I will be "gameless" until it, or one of its successor projects does become available.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2015, 10:39:22 PM »
question, I thought the full 1 to 50 was free. Free to plays were made to level slower. This is why most free to plays do not play star wars old reb. I think.
I agree by comparison City of did good to their free to plays (even though there were some things I personally did not agree with).
City of heroes did everything better than most games out there. Graduated rewards structure, upgrades permanently attached to your account rather than your character, a friendly gaming environ that was fun for all ages and was largely self-policing... And that was the problem. It wasn't enough of a skinner box to keep people mindlessly clicking for a dozen levels, getting frustrated, and then paying to get unstuck. IE, it was popular but it didn't keep people in that brain-dead clickzone that big MMO studios want them in. Which is why other games don't replicate its strategy.

After all, why be marginally profitable and well regarded, when you can be loathed by most but rolling in money?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2015, 03:55:05 AM »
I've started playing 'World of Warships'.   I find like having a short mission timer for every round.  Twenty minutes is the longest I've seen.  And when you are dead, you are dead. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2016, 06:58:39 AM »
The recent argument in New Efforts about whether there are good new games or not made me think this thread should be rezzed.

I'm playing Xcom, Saints Row 2, Lyne (elegant little puzzle game that's super cheap), the Game of Thrones RPG (not the Telltale series. This one's gameplay is awful but the story is really good and makes it worth a play if you get it really cheap like I did), Stacking (can't recommend highly enough. it's just ridiculously charming) and Suits: a Business RPG (funny little game. costs a buck. gameplay is basically old school pokemon but the humor is more than worth the time).

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2016, 11:51:18 AM »
Still playing Civ 5, playing Age of Wonders a little.  Planning to get into The Division but need to rebuild my wife's computer first.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:04 PM »
The recent argument in New Efforts about whether there are good new games or not made me think this thread should be rezzed.

I'm playing Xcom, Saints Row 2, Lyne (elegant little puzzle game that's super cheap), the Game of Thrones RPG (not the Telltale series. This one's gameplay is awful but the story is really good and makes it worth a play if you get it really cheap like I did), Stacking (can't recommend highly enough. it's just ridiculously charming) and Suits: a Business RPG (funny little game. costs a buck. gameplay is basically old school pokemon but the humor is more than worth the time).

There's a Game of Thrones RPG?  Just don't accept any wedding missions.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2016, 04:04:40 PM »
Lulz. It's supposedly been canonized by g.r.r. but I'm 9 hours in and no one's been raped or resurrected so I'm not sure I believe that. Maybe he thinks giving it canon status will make people think he did some writing.

Is cool despite the bad gameplay though. You get to play as a red priest and as a skinchanger member of the watch, who have intersecting storylines.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2016, 05:48:37 PM »
There's a Game of Thrones RPG?  Just don't accept any wedding missions.

Heh, reminds me of one of my Crusader Kings 2 campaigns. My ducal dynasty had conspired to get this one girl to inherit the Scottish throne (she was betrothed to my dynastic heir) through various murders, rebellions, and imprisonments and successfully enthroned her... unfortunately both her first born sired by my heir and ultimately the heir died before the guy I was playing died, so my conspiracy was undone and a younger son inherited the duchy.

Shortly after his covetous uncle convinced the pope to excommunicate the young duke, he received a banquet invitation from the queen. Hoping to maintain positive relations with his liege to dissuade her from siding with his uncle, I had the duke attend the feast... unfortunately she decided to imprison the duke and seize all his lands. Game over.

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:22 AM »
Just finished a Classic Ironman playthrough of XCOM EW for the achievement - which was really challenging for me.

Now satisfying my wait until Feb 5th for XCOM 2 by revisiting the newly released Darkest Dungeon.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »
Just finished a Classic Ironman playthrough of XCOM EW for the achievement - which was really challenging for me.

Now satisfying my wait until Feb 5th for XCOM 2 by revisiting the newly released Darkest Dungeon.

Have you tried the Long War mod?

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2016, 06:53:35 PM »
There's too much to keep track of for my small brain. I have loaded it up and given it a go, but it's not something I spent much time with as I quickly got overwhelmed by all the classes.

I may give it a go at some point in the future, but the Long War team are working with the XCOM2 people already, so I suspect that once I've managed an Ironman run through of XCOM2, I'll have a look at their newer offering.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2016, 08:53:25 PM »
Fallout 4.  Though i play on normal now, because i found survival mode more in the cheesy direction in feel.  Enemies become nothing but sponges and i had a few to many fights where i spent the entire time hiding and running while the stimpacks slowly healed me.  Poor gameplay imo.  I may switch back to very hard as that had some fun but overall, im back on normal and may switch to a realistic damage mod somewhere along the line.

I find a certain joy to making unstoppable characters though.  And even find it challenging to try and make settlers an unstoppable army.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2016, 11:46:35 PM »
Lo and behold the Game of Thrones game I mentioned is in the Humble Weekly bundle. Remember I did say pretty much everything but story is crappy :D

Worth the 6.50 or whatever the average will be when you read this though. Plus it's a pretty large bundle for a weekly otherwise.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2016, 01:11:35 AM »
Well, I've been playing three games mostly:

Warframe- Incredibly fun game. It's a third person shooter. I quit the game for a few months but came back to see the game completely revamped. Started my own clan and I'm having a blast playing with my clanmates and experiencing the improved parkour system, new quests answering old lore questions yet bringing even more questions to the forefront, and new revamped mission types like the new Spy that actually makes stealth worth doing. Seriously, the tagline of the game was "Ninjas play free." and this is first time players get to actually be ninjas. But hey, it's a fun game at least.

Rocket League- I decided to find out what all the fuss was about on this game during the summer sale and holy pancakes this is good. The game has beautiful graphics, music, physics. It is one of the best I have ever played. Teaming up with your friends is so much fun and every once in a while you'll make this amazing play out of nowhere--mostly through luck--and you'll just sit there and ask: OMG! Did I just do that?! Psyonix, the studio that made the game has also has done a great job of listening to its players unlike many other companies so I give them an A+ for being unlike some bad company that's close to mind :p

Civilization V- Decided to open this game up with a few friends and get a few "short" matches in. Hours later into our first match, I can gleefully say I have no regrets. Civ 5 is such a wild and unpredictable game and I cannot stress how fun it is to compete with other nations to build the largest armies, the greatest wonders of the world, and engineer a completely different timeline to build a civilization that will stand the test of time.

Anyways, these are all co-op/pvp games so if any of you want to join me for a game or two just ask and I'm sure we'll have some fun. :P

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »
Getting stuck in to XCOM2 here. Soldier customisation is awesome - especially with the mods being released through Steam.

Some famous faces in my squads :) Got Doctor Aeon working hard in the Shadow Chamber with Tygan, Maria Jenkins assisting in the Psi labs, and Penelope Yin is a great Sniper... Giving some life back to the NPCs of Paragon City - one day at a time.

If you like Turn Based strategy, and your PC can handle the (currently) poor optimisation, it's well worth the money IMO. On my Legend/Ironman playthrough now after Rookie & Commander Ironman playthroughs.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2016, 03:14:12 PM »
Anyone playing Entropia? 

Reviews?  Thoughts? 

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2016, 02:47:41 AM »
Fallout 4.  Though i play on normal now, because i found survival mode more in the cheesy direction in feel.  Enemies become nothing but sponges and i had a few to many fights where i spent the entire time hiding and running while the stimpacks slowly healed me.  Poor gameplay imo.  I may switch back to very hard as that had some fun but overall, im back on normal and may switch to a realistic damage mod somewhere along the line.

I find a certain joy to making unstoppable characters though.  And even find it challenging to try and make settlers an unstoppable army.
The upcoming survival mode changes look promising; less of making enemies bullet sponges and more of making survival needs somewhat realistic. That said i've mostly been playing it on hard mode and making my own fun. Like elaborate and somewhat realistic settlement builds, elaborate and absurdly unrealistic settlement builds, and currently i'm hacking every Protectron i can find and storing them in a shed at the Egret Tours Marina.
i'm also giving SWTOR another (probably brief) chance after about a year of not playing.
i have a RL friend who i don't get much time to hang out with much anymore and we'll probably be playing GW2 together soon since she's already playing it occasionally with her fiance. NCsoft as the publisher aside, it's a not terrible game by a decent studio.
When ESO's Thieve's Guild expansion launches i'll probably buy it and start playing again for a bit.
Oh, and i may give TSW or Rift some attention in the next several months if i find the time and inclination.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2016, 09:37:55 PM »
The upcoming survival mode changes look promising; less of making enemies bullet sponges and more of making survival needs somewhat realistic. That said i've mostly been playing it on hard mode and making my own fun. Like elaborate and somewhat realistic settlement builds, elaborate and absurdly unrealistic settlement builds, and currently i'm hacking every Protectron i can find and storing them in a shed at the Egret Tours Marina.
i'm also giving SWTOR another (probably brief) chance after about a year of not playing.
i have a RL friend who i don't get much time to hang out with much anymore and we'll probably be playing GW2 together soon since she's already playing it occasionally with her fiance. NCsoft as the publisher aside, it's a not terrible game by a decent studio.
When ESO's Thieve's Guild expansion launches i'll probably buy it and start playing again for a bit.
Oh, and i may give TSW or Rift some attention in the next several months if i find the time and inclination.

I've been experimenting with settlements myself.  And mods.  One mod I have adds solar power panels and fusion reactors that explode in a gigantic nuclear fireball.

I made a jet producing empire in the game by taking control of 90% of the settlements and growing them to large populations.  It was a difficult affair, since mass expansion was costly and I did not take fortune finder.  If I had, it would have been about twice as fast to expand and take the common wealth; more money to buy the resources that are routinely in shortages such as oil and gears, know?

I'm now waiting more to see what comes of automatron.  I have a power armor scientist character and a full garage of power armor in the making, but I am taking a break from her to play other characters.  I don't even know what perks are going to be required to make a robot army.  I will say though, I do have plans for such characters.  I enjoyed making robot masterminds in New Vegas with the "Robco Certified" mod.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.