Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 151059 times)

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #240 on: April 08, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »
I should take the time to look it up, but, isn't EVE.... ancient? I seem to remember playing it like.. at least..  15 years ago and it was a pretty complex game already.

It's new to me, and the mechanics of the game appear to be different than anything else I've played before (you know...the one or three MMOs I've tried... ;) ). Jury's still out on whether this will be a game I'll stick with.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
Back to Marvel Heroes.   I can't stay with any single game anymore.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2016, 06:40:36 PM »
It's new to me, and the mechanics of the game appear to be different than anything else I've played before (you know...the one or three MMOs I've tried... ;) ). Jury's still out on whether this will be a game I'll stick with.

I was just trying to imagine how complex EVE must be by now.. Seem to remember it was a fun game but learning it was like taking Finals. STO is 6 years old I think, so, not so new either and it's new to me. Comic book and sci-fi games are auto-try for me if they look at all decent. May take 6 years...

The best job I've ever had was as s software ... salesman. Salesman, Ugh. Anyway, yeah, we got to take all the games home and play them for free and when I went to work I spent as much time as possible talking to people that came in about games. The pay sucked, the boss sucked, but man the job was awesome. I played all night and talked about it all the next day and collected paychecks somewhere in the middle.

Somewhere down the road I got convinced that making lots of money was >/= being happy so I left that place. I would regret that decision, but, the entire nationwide chain went under a few years after I left. Which just goes to show: you can't regret stuff like that because life is gonna do whatever it wants anyway  : )

Besides, after so many years working in a computer store, it was nice to see GIRLS again.

(yes, this was long ago, I've heard rumour that there's even girls on the INTERNET now *gasp*).
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
Played a little of the Division.  It was... okay.   It's a game I seriously want to like, but the game itself keeps fighting me at every turn.

It felt like I was always outnumbered and out-gunned, and enemies seem to take forever to kill.  It usually takes two or three entire clips from my supposedly-military-grade assault rifle to kill a single normal enemy of my own level, and anything stronger usually has me emptying out my gun entirely, leaving me to try to finish them off with my sidearm.  (And then I'd die in two hits from a guy wielding nothing but a baseball bat, even though my energy bar was full, and all the enemies I'd just taken twenty minutes to kill all came back to life, and I'd have to start all over again)

At first I was excited, because it has a lot of really, really neat-looking options (Explosive bullets?  Autonomous Turrets?  Hell, yes!).... and then I discovered that the game won't let me use any of them (... oh, they're all locked without even the first hint of how to unlock them and even trying to find guides online only gives the vaguest of information*?  Boo)

Maybe it becomes a lot of fun once you've randomly unlocked some good options for your character (I mean, my wife is having a blast playing it, but my wife's character is max level with awesome gear and tons of gear mods, and a bunch of Talents and Perks, and she has a little BB-8 mini-bomb following her around and chasing after enemies and blowing them up in a single hit), but right now, all I have is a trio of nearly-useless guns and the "great" (read: "useless") ability to make enemies glow red for half a second, so I'm not feeling it.

* Example: I really want the Turret.  So, after hitting Google to figure out how to do that, I see that first I have to get a "Control Room" for my "Tech Wing".  Then I have to to back to Google to find a different page to figure out how to get a "Control Room" (and, for that matter, a "Tech Wing").  That other page says it costs "500".  Not 500 dollars or Credits or Kolossokens, just "500", period.  Then I have to go back to Google to find another site to see that it means 500 "supplies".  Then I have to find yet another page to figure out what a "supply" is and where to get those... and, yeah, you get the idea.  Thanks to the complete lack of just putting the whole thing step-by-step on a single page instead of making me search all over the Internet, I'm still not entirely sure what I have to do, I just know that I want the Turret (or something interesting other than an inaccurate pea shooter and paper-thin body armor) before I run any more missions.  I don't want to have to play for 30 hours just to get the thing that will make me play want to it at all.  :'(

.... whew.  Just needed a place to rant.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:44:56 AM by Thunder Glove »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »

Maybe it becomes a lot of fun once you've randomly unlocked some good options for your character (I mean, my wife is having a blast playing it, but my wife's character is max level with awesome gear and tons of gear mods, and a bunch of Talents and Perks, and she has a little BB-8 mini-bomb following her around and chasing after enemies and blowing them up in a single hit), but right now, all I have is a trio of nearly-useless guns and the "great" (read: "useless") ability to make enemies glow red for half a second, so I'm not feeling it.

Why are you googling when your wife is pr0h!

Sounds like somebody needs to fix somebody up! hehe

I can honestly say that my used to be wife was the best gamer I ever played with. Luckily she wasn't a big CoH fan (not so many strong memories) although we did level a couple servers worth of toons as soon as CoH went live. CoH was the first game I played solo after we split and it was a total accident and surprise I got sucked back into it - at the time I had given up gaming completely. It took me at least a year to come back to gaming and then after I finally did, it was really, really, hard to play with just one brain. I'd been a gamer long before getting married but I still wasn't sure if I'd ever get over it. Amazing duos. Big fun. We were badass together haha  : ) You lucky debil.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
The problem is that we don't have two separate accounts (and we're not exactly going to buy another PS4 and a second TV to play it on), so we can't play together.

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2016, 09:24:06 PM »
Also back to Marvel Heroes for a bit, after a huge downloading session of The Division (free with a GPU upgrade thank goodness) which I agree with Thunder Glove on. Also tried path of Exile (not enough customisation/unappealing graphics), and Skyforge (couldn't face the grind/brain not big enough).

Either MMOs are getting harder to get into for new players, or I'm just getting older. Happy at the moment to switch between XCOM2 and Marvel Heroes until something exciting happens.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »
The problem is that we don't have two separate accounts (and we're not exactly going to buy another PS4 and a second TV to play it on), so we can't play together.

Aww that's a shame. It's a real experience.

When I duoed we played on PC and I built the PC's so they weren't overly expensive and lasted long enough to pay for themselves. I would say ~ 90% of our meals together were over side by side keyboards and it was a totally equal choice. I met her on the east coast, we moved to the west coast, lived in the Midwest for awhile, and got married in Austria, but, we were homebodies at heart and about all of our (pretty average) social/entertainment budget went into gaming is how we afforded it. We wouldn't have had to even spend that much if Internet wouldn't have been so expensive the first years.. You don't even wanna know. There was only 1 broadband ISP in our area and we'd already gone without Internet for a long enough time during our last move that she was carrying pictures of her EQ toons and pets around with her and I had it equally bad... soo.. we paid.. lol.

XCOM2

Ohh ahhh
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2016, 10:22:01 PM »
Oops!
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2016, 04:04:32 PM »
Aww that's a shame. It's a real experience.

Yeah, I've played many games with her (I was juuuuust starting to get her into CoH when it shut down, in fact), but I'm highly disappointed with the complete lack of local Co-Op and cross-platform servers on The Division.  I only really wanted to play it so I could play with her.

(I did get the turret, though.  As it turns out, I already had everything I needed to unlock it, but I couldn't find a single web page that would tell me that, and I shut the game off because of other plans before I had a chance to experiment.  Roland and Axton would roll their eyes at how weak it is compared to theirs, but it still helped me a lot in the next mission)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2016, 01:31:46 PM »
Grats.

Being a newb is one of the funnest things at first because everything is shiny and new, and, it can also be the most frustrating. STO seems to have a nice wiki but whenever I went there it started shoving data at me so I gave it up. Honestly, I kinda suck at the game but I'm drawn to the treadeskilling for some reason. It's relaxing.
Some Faves:

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2016, 01:15:45 AM »
Just before CoH went down I started creating on a chat site called IMVU, I am still there. I run a successful fashion group http://www.imvufashionelite.com to see what I do.

Since CoH closed I have been well known on MMORPG's World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, EVE Online, Star Trek Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, EverQuest 2, DCUO and a few weeks ago started on Champions Online which I quickly quit after giving it a fair chance...it is the lamest game I have ever played.

Facebook: Evil Genius, Villians, Titans, Backyard Monsters, Marvel Alliance, Farmville 2 and Criminal Case.

Chat sites: Second Life (briefly), InWorldz, A-Chat, Red Light Center and IMVU (the best of the sites).

IMVU is a great place to hang out and create and is my home until the best MMORPG of all time City of Heroes/Villians returns!!!!

I also played HearthStone, its a frustrating game, the one who spends the most real money buying cards wins.
Blizzard created the three hottest games StarCraft, Diablo and World of Warcraft but since those initial releases have done nothing since. SC2, D2-3 and WoW Cataclysm+ have all been blah.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2016, 07:39:04 AM »
Not currently playing any game, spend a lot of time in PC exploring the different zones actually taking time to look at things rather than going from mission to mission or badge hunting. Amazing the things I have found that I never noticed before.

Have given time to STO, SWToR, WoW, Marvel Heroes, DCUO, Champions Online but nothing comes close to CoH/V so didn't last long.

I am waiting for the release of "Stellaris" from Paragon interactive, always been interested in empire building in space, from classics such as Master of Orion, Birth of a Federation etc.. But "Stellaris" looks to be taking the gene forward, been watching the Dev playthrough "Blorg"  :) which has been very entertaining and making more and more want to play.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #253 on: May 12, 2016, 08:42:09 PM »
Just found out about his amusing little flash game.
Don't Whack Your Boss - With Super Powers
Violent and hillarious ;D ...although it doesn't have the cube I was hoping for.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2016, 01:29:48 AM »
Not playing Her Story now, cause I blew through it in a couple sittings a few months ago, but it's well worth a couple hours of your time and is in this week's Humble Bundle for a buck.

Or here's a free steam code for it

H5R5E-2P3NF-RTFPG

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2016, 12:23:33 AM »
I have paid no money, but I am playing Guild Wars 2. I hate to admit it almost, but I like it, more than Rift

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2016, 12:43:02 PM »
I have paid no money, but I am playing Guild Wars 2. I hate to admit it almost, but I like it, more than Rift

*Booo* *hisssss*

At least you're not paying them.

Be sure to eat up their bandwidth and be a total jerk to their community while you're there. May as well do something useful for the gamingverse while you're tainting your computer.
Some Faves:

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »
Played a little of the Division.  It was... okay.   It's a game I seriously want to like, but the game itself keeps fighting me at every turn....

Boy does it.  I really wanted to like the Division too.  What it sounds like to me is if you aren't max level, there is no need to do the missions on Hard.  You don't really get weapons good enough to mow down purps and yellows until level cap.

Eventually near the end game you won't even see red bar health enemies anymore.  So enjoy it while it lasts:)

The game is fun in small doses, if you can find some people to play with it will be a little better.  The game just made the same mistake all online games make now, they tried to appeal to EVERYONE and that is a sure fire way to mess up your game.  The game just feels spread thin.

The Dark Zone is fun though, it really brings out your inner bandit.  If you can get a team of 4 people who are pretty decent and geared out, you can basically hold entire instances at gun point.  I don't even do it for the loot, I have no interest in taking peoples hard earned items.  I just want them to know who is in charge of that particular DZ.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2016, 08:54:05 PM »

Haha I mean GW2 is kinda fun, nothing to be ashamed about.  I may or may not of played Wildstars new F2P a little bit the other day so....you aren't alone.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2016, 09:05:38 PM »
I pre-ordered GW2 before everything went to poop. I played it for a while at launch and I've gone back and played it a bit recently. It's not a bad game for what it is. It's pretty (if you like the art style), It runs very smoothly, it's fun, parts of the community can be ok, etc. I love the jump puzzles. If I knew then what I know now I would have never bought it, but that doesn't make it a bad game.