Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 151074 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2016, 01:28:13 AM »
Update to my play list :) atm, I have shelved TSW :(, I rarely play STO, only log on to start my doff missions, I have gone back to Champions, I am trying to take my time until I can get some money to get the twins sidekick. This might seam as though I am a traitor, but I have started to play Blade and Soul; while the game play is hit or miss, I am enjoying the story.:),  and I am looking at getting Black Desert Online.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »
Has anyone tried Age of Empires II.......HD? I just saw it on Steam.

The original game is really, really, good.. I had a working copy of this up until a few years ago and it was always nice having it there for when I wanted to play. I remember the graphics being pretty grainy/blocky though so a 'remastered' version sounds pretty tempting..!

They also say the game has 'improved' ai and all these new features, soooo, I am wondering if they remastered or redid..

I would really like a reMastered copy of this game, I think.

Anyway, just checking if anyone's played the old and new version and what the comparison might be? Is it pretty much the same game with updated graphics + some new stuff, or a whole new game?

I'm tempted to grab Command HQ off of Steam, too. This is another game that is just fun, even though it's pretty ancient. The mouse interface is pretty good for its time and the gamplay is awesome. I used to modem play this with a real nice guy that sold games at the same store I did when it was new. Many late nights..

I'm in nostalgia mode for some reason.. Trying to pay my data limiting ISP less, too, by playing some *sigh* single player..

I picked up AoE2 HD and its expansions awhile back. TBH, I haven't played enough of it to notice the AI changes, but the new supported resolutions are more aesthetically pleasing compared to the resolutions supported on my old disk. I should also note that I primarily got the HD version because the original version has some texture color issues on windows 7 that require some tinkering around with system settings to fix. There are new textures and map types (and a new map size, LudiKRIS, that requires a beast of a computer to run), increased max pop count (500), and the expansions add new factions/units/buildings, but ultimately it's still AoE2. It also has the steam workshop integrated for easier mod installation, if you're into that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:54:50 PM by FlyingCarcass »

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2016, 10:05:10 PM »
I think I have to get this. Was looking around for the original aoe ii when I saw it. I really like the original but the graphics seemed to get grainier the larger my screens got. Then I see this HD version and I'm thinking that's the way to go if it's pretty much the same game just easier to read graphics. I'm very much looking forward to getting this, actually!

Since posting I've had too much green pried from my steely grip .. so I have to let that nausea fade, first. I miss having the old version around as a reliable source of fun. Great game.

I wonder if anyone actually multiplays it. I could possibly get into that.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2016, 11:06:39 AM »
Gave Overwatch a try, because of the free weeekend.  I don't think it's really My Game, but it's fun to try out all the characters.  I'm mostly using Pharah, because she's so straightforward (which is both a strength and a weaknesses)

Playing a little of Paladins now.   It feels a lot like Overwatch (and a couple of characters are extremely similar to Overwatch characters in terms of their ability set), but the more I play it, the more differences I find.  (The card system, for example)

Also playing Star Trek Online, I'm back to fooling around in The Division (gathering Phoenix Credits in anticipation of the 1.4 update), still haven't finished Bravely Second (I'm saved AT the final boss, but I keep getting distracted), ran a marathon of Marvel Avengers Alliance on the day it closed, I'm in the middle of a Nuclear Autumn run in Kingdom of Loathing that I can't seem to finish (got distracted by the Time-Twitching Tower), I'm planning on trying to finally hit the level cap in Dofus this weekend, and I still log into Marvel Heroes from time to time (including today, since I like Midtown Madness on Mondays).

... it takes all those games to replace City of Heroes.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #284 on: November 02, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »
Here's a free Steam code for Never Alone for whoever wants.
W7XKE-9JQLA-N9A4J

Enjoy, it's supposed to be good but it's still in my infinite queue so I can't say first hand.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2016, 07:52:40 PM »
Currently playing a Distant Worlds (4x space strategy game) campaign as a human republic. After a long campaign to evict some pirates that were constantly harassing civilian freighters from a star cluster, I've found my empire muddled in a seemingly endless conflict between two rival alliances (which can basically be described as the humanoids versus the non-humanoids). My empire's main contribution to the conflict thus far has been its war with the Atuuk Kingdom (small, aggressive fur balls), in which the Atuuks committed genocide via orbital bombardment at several of my fringe colonies while I sent a task force to seize their capital. I eventually won the war against the Atuuks and took their core worlds, but the enemy coalition remains massive and the conflict has quagmired. Meanwhile the costs of maintaining my military are slowly bankrupting my empire. Good times.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #286 on: November 04, 2016, 08:03:34 AM »
Taking a break from TSW but started playing Final Fantasy Brave: Exvius on mobile.  Turn-base rpg, F2P, lots of fun.  Play to gain character levels, player rank, gear, NRG (Expend NRG to play missions), gil (Money), and lapis (Used to buy extra characters).  There's updates every couple of weeks with more characters, events and sometimes content (New island/zone to explore was added last week).

Linear storyline, can backtrack and do old missions pick up missed items or to grind a few levels. Some characters are new but most are from previous FF games.  For example, I'm using Lightning (FF13), Cecil (FF4), Lenna (FF5), Tellah (FF4) and Chizuru (FFBE).

It's worth checking out if you're a fan of FF.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2016, 07:47:41 AM »
Here's a free Steam code for Never Alone for whoever wants.
W7XKE-9JQLA-N9A4J

Enjoy, it's supposed to be good but it's still in my infinite queue so I can't say first hand.

Thanks!

Lately I've been playing lots of Overwatch in short bursts, otherwise Pillars of Eternity  (and now soon Never Alone).
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2016, 12:18:20 PM »
I started playing DC Universe On-Line.

It's entertaining in short bursts but I doubt they will ever see any of my money.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2016, 02:32:29 PM »
yw :D

I just finished Oceanhorn which is basically Zelda the Wind Waker without wind waking (i.e. the boat just takes you where you indicate on the map), leaf floating or chickens. Fun, though only occasionally semi-challenging (feels like a game that's had the difficulty tuned down for QQs).

Mister Hassenpheffer

• Boss
    • 3D printouts?!
« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2016, 06:16:14 PM »
Empyrion Galactic Survival

Survival game, Grow your own food, build your own vehicles/bases, mine ore, survive drone attacks, kill, loot monsters. Rent your own servers.

Singleplayer, Multiplayer, co-op and pvp.

I tend to steer clear of pvp.

What would really be cool... is if a bunch of city folk started their own server and made... a city...

Edit:  There are plans for character customizing and armor crafting. They have a very active dev team. Updates are often. There is a creative mode that allows to create without limits. You can save your creation as a blueprint and when you gather enough resources in game you can craft and spawn your creation. You can also affect the environment. It's similar to no man's sky, but actual multiplayer.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:22:16 PM by Mister Hassenpheffer »

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2016, 06:21:06 PM »
I'm playing Madden NFL '08 on PC, Billionaire II, Sim City 4 and Chess.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
I started playing DC Universe On-Line.

It's entertaining in short bursts but I doubt they will ever see any of my money.

I think it's worth while to play through the story lines at least.

The races are also fun if that's the sort of thing people like.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2016, 04:47:55 AM »
I'm playing Madden NFL '08 on PC

I really wish EA would go back to releasing Madden (and their NHL series) on PC.  :-\

Finally got a character to level 72 (plus OP level 1) in Borderlands 2 over the weekend.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2016, 05:24:04 AM »
I think it's worth while to play through the story lines at least.

I'm still playing with the hope of getting hooked on the game.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2016, 10:13:43 PM »
Just saw this posted today, in case anyone plays TLOU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2016, 01:22:21 AM »
Elder Scrolls Online, got through the intro.  Haven't done much since.

XCOM Unknown, wife bought it and I liked it enough to download myself.

Still miss my CoHV :(
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Protocol 9

• Underling
« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »
Well, now that EVE now has an F2P option, I've popped back in to try and get used to the place since I know my old corp wanted me back.

I've already lost one scout and almost lost my favorite miner to a pirate. The place hasn't changed.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2016, 02:12:17 AM »
Well, now that EVE now has an F2P option, I've popped back in to try and get used to the place since I know my old corp wanted me back.

I've already lost one scout and almost lost my favorite miner to a pirate. The place hasn't changed.

EVE - just in case you forgot that humanity can be awful

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #299 on: December 11, 2016, 07:39:16 AM »
EVE - just in case you forgot that humanity can be awful

It really depends on perspective.  After all, it can sometimes take awhile to return to one's home station, so why not help someone get home quickly (via torpedo application)?

Lately I've been enjoying two indie sci-fi first person shooters (despite their low player counts), Toxikk and Angels Fall First.

Some screenshots, because I enjoy taking screenshots.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Angels Fall First

Toxikk