Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 30271 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • To someday return is what i ask.
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2017, 12:49:05 AM »
Currently it's Elder Scrolls Online. i'd pretty much stopped playing over a year ago, but the addition of housing and the upcoming addition of the island of Morrowind convinced me to go back. Started over with a new Sorcerer as i like to start fresh if i've been away from an MMO for a long time and it's a lot better than when i left. The auto-scaling of level for all zones and the rest of the changes have made it much better in my opinion, i'm having quite a bit of fun. Still mostly treating it as a solo game with random chat, but i plan to do some group content soon.
One of things i miss most is my whimsically named PB, general incompetence. With his battlecry of "I know what I'm doing!" he only achieved 30 levels of making villains look bad before the shutdown.
NPC: "I heard the Council museum heist was foiled by general incompetence!"

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2017, 02:05:45 AM »
In the realm of video games, Fallout 4.

... should I count tabletop games of Scion and Pathfinder?  Those are really what I'm enjoying right now.  (Scion has me playing a masked luchador - yes, he wears the mask all the time, like El Santo, his hero - who is the son of the Aztec god of war Huitzilopochtli, while Pathfinder sees me playing a gnome bard, where the character has already died and been reincarnated as a female half-orc.  She's handling the sex change fine, but she doesn't actually like being so tall).

Soon to be accompanied by an Against The Dark Yogi game where I'll be playing a Legendary Indian hero based loosely on Michael Knight (because "Charioteer", which comes with its own special vehicle and a driver, is actually a class in AtDY), and we might be putting together a Call of Cthulhu game where I'll probably playing a woman named Lady Florence Beatrice Huntington (inspired by a recent Judge John Hodgman episode about Flowbees and a Tumblr post)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:49:20 PM by Thunder Glove »

FlyingCarcass

• Boss
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:06 AM »
Just finished up a Crusader Kings 2 campaign. Starting as the count of Ferrara in Italy, my dynasty went on to become kings of Bavaria.

Some highlights include:
-Kidnapping a liege to steal his duchy
-2 instances of an uncle murdering his niece to steal the throne
-Horse MD, a horse who became a renowned physician, poet, crusader, and cardinal. Also noteworthy for seducing several human women.
-Almost having the dynasty wiped out by the plague, forcing an old disfigured man to seduce nearly every woman in the realm in a desperate gambit to produce sons to continue the dynasty
-Winning the kingdom of Galicia in a crusade, without having actually joined the crusade
-A cannibal king beloved by all

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »
No cream monopoly? And you call yourselves kings of Bavaria.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »
I've been playing FFXIV a ton lately and, to a lesser extent, The Secret World. They've been kind of my mainstay games for the last 1.5-2 years, but it's hard to play both at once so I often play one for a long time, and then switch over to the other.

Community is a big part of it for me. My experience with both communities has been incredibly positive; I've even developed a fair number of strong friendships in FFXIV, with people in a guild (first guild since CoH). The worlds in both games are interesting and immersive, with stories and character into which it's easy to become invested. And, despite complaints about TSW's, I love both of the games' combat systems.

That said, I've been missing City of something awful lately. It's hard to describe; I miss it so much that I actually feel it physically. Been listening to the soundtrack, but it's still hard. I can't believe that, going on five years after shut down, I could miss something this much. Perhaps it's time to start writing my CoH stories.

I had tried DCUO and Champions, but neither worked for me. DCUO's public chat was atrocious when I was on (maybe it's gotten better, idk) and my interactions with other players were... not good. It turned me off a lot. Champions just failed to grab any of my interest.
Name: Safehouse
Powers: Street Justice/Invulnerability/Mu Mastery/Super Speed/Super Leap
Security Level: 50+
Status: Returned from Shadow Shard since disappearance on November 30, 2012
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
I play Overwatch mostly during events, so the Sunday before the end of Capture the Rooster was the last I had played it.  I recently finished Xcom-Enemy Within yet again, and have begun Xcom 2, which is kicking my butt in a fun way ( ' :

I also picked up Westerado, a fun little side scroller adventure game and been playing a bit of Invisible.

I started Kingdoms of Amalur, but didn't find it very compelling and I did start Pillars of Eternity, which is a nice throw back to Bioware RPGs, but I put it on pause until I finish Xcom2 (once or twice ; ' )

I logged into my Neverwinter, TESO, and SWTOR accounts just last night to peruse characters, but no mmo has nearly approached my love and interest playing City of Heroes.

I do have some spare steam keys
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

FlyingCarcass

• Boss
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:36 PM »
Since finishing up my CK2 campaign, I've gone back to playing Toxikk. Fun game reminiscent of unreal tournament, but the player base is small.
https://youtu.be/a9AcHqxqvHU

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »

I do have some spare steam keys

I've been considering starting a separate thread for that, as I have them fairly often with all the bundles I buy. What do we think?

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2017, 06:48:10 AM »
I've been considering starting a separate thread for that, as I have them fairly often with all the bundles I buy. What do we think?

I'm all for a "Wentworth's" Subforum for trading and selling ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2017, 08:53:14 PM »
Just went back to Middle Earth online, and picked up the original xbox with a bunch of old games....hope to launch some terror on the beach goers with Jaws Unleashed this weekend;)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #310 on: March 09, 2017, 12:23:40 AM »
I managed to solve 99% of my ILS(Infinite loading screen) issues with fallout 4 when I upgraded my system, although I also play starbound on and off.  Been toying with CO again, although it's clear the game is even more of a shadow than it ever has been.  A shame really.

There is just something about fallout 4, probably the fact that while it's not the best for roleplaying, the funny Mechinima "Psycho" gets me into the game time and again.  It's kind of like Oblivion to the elder scrolls games, very easy to want to mod it simply to make it less generic I guess.

Now installing yet another armor mod....and no I don't download the slut mods(Hate, hate, hate, hate them, always animeish to).
Currently Playing: Starbound, on Twitch.tv!  https://www.twitch.tv/laughingalex - If I am on expect to find lots of building and adventuring, although I'm mostly just being my self.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #311 on: March 09, 2017, 06:10:52 AM »
Elite dangerous pretty much takes up all of my time in one form or another.

If I am not ingame, I am working on voicepacks for Voice Attack

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2017, 03:57:20 AM »
I have been on a huge Dark Souls binge.  I beat the 1st a couple of times over the last couple months and now have moved onto Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin. I always forgot about great the souls games are.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2017, 08:08:38 PM »
I have been on a huge Dark Souls binge.  I beat the 1st a couple of times over the last couple months and now have moved onto Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin. I always forgot about great the souls games are.

They are definitely games that make you *think* about how to approach your enemy

FlyingCarcass

• Boss
« Reply #314 on: Yesterday at 08:01:15 PM »
Still mostly playing Toxikk, even got into making maps for it (which I've found scratches that sort of Minecraft/Space Engineers creative build itch).

And because I'm a glutton for screenshots...
Spoiler for Hidden:

Too bad only a few of the handful of players that play the game play on the servers hosting custom maps. :/
Ah well.