Author Topic: What are you playing now? Share with everyone  (Read 150994 times)

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
Re: What are you playing now? Share with everyone
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2017, 04:44:35 PM »
Gave EVE Valkyrie a spin over the weekend, a very fun space dogfighting game. I think the Strix is my favorite fighter thus far, small, nimble, and fast, it delete opponents with a powerful rail gun.

puffdubin

• Underling
« Reply #361 on: December 09, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
Right now playing "COC"

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #362 on: December 09, 2017, 02:40:16 PM »
Currently playing Skyrim with a spellblade build.

Also running a Pathfinder game every Wednesday night

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #363 on: December 09, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »
Factorio.

400 hours in 70 days of ownership.

I am slightly ashamed, but very good at automation.

It's got that "play for fun if you like and you can't really fail, but if you want to play a numbers game and get OP performance, you can." feel that CoX had even though it's a completely different game.

Discovering trains was like getting hover. Discovering circuit networks was like getting flight.

10/10 would watch Arcanaville stream it. :)

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #364 on: December 16, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »
Wandered back to Middle Earth.  I mean, who doesn't want to hunt some orcs?

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
Wandered back to Middle Earth.  I mean, who doesn't want to hunt some orcs?

PETO?
(People for the Ethical Treatment of Orcs)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2017, 05:53:02 AM »
PETO?
(People for the Ethical Treatment of Orcs)

PETO shouldn't watch this video, then.  Kumail Nanjiani's character might have a case.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #367 on: December 30, 2017, 04:49:34 AM »
Just started playing Breath of the Wild.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #368 on: December 30, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »
Now I am playing Xcom2, They are Billions, and Star Wars EAW. :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #369 on: December 30, 2017, 06:45:21 AM »
Fallout Shelter, Star Wars Heroes
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2017, 05:57:28 AM »
Occasional Marvel Heroes, Soda Dungeon, The Long Dark, the Zero Escape series, and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Well, Marvel Heroes is gone, and I've uninstalled the Isaac games and two of the Zero Escape games, leaving the last one because I want to be able to watch the cutscenes in it at my leisure.  I haven't touched Soda Dungeon in a while.  I have restarted Star Wars: Dark Forces since I was able to get it back on my comp for a little over $2 on a Steam sale recently.

That leaves The Long Dark as my primary video game of choice at the moment.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #371 on: December 31, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »
Been hopping back and forth between Assassin's Creed Origins and Battlefront II.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2018, 09:41:58 PM »
PETO shouldn't watch this video, then.  Kumail Nanjiani's character might have a case.

That was an awesome video:)

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2018, 07:44:24 PM »
I took a brief break from gaming somewhere in the middle of Baldur's gate (chapter 5), with a few brief stints in overwatch for event loot boxes.  No love during the steam winter sale this year,  but have spent maybe 6 or so hours playing Hard West. 

It's turn-based tactical,  much like Xcom, if you're into that.   Is got very good story,  very dark like the guys should be writing for Turbine..it's not like city of villains where you're kind of like trying to be a bad guy,  but not.... it's more like Tyranny (or Breaking Bad for a Tv reference)  where you fall/ falling and your decisions lend themselves to darker situations.   Combat is enjoyable,  although you can savescum as the RNG does not reseed.  Maybe my biggest critique is that it is a series of campaign scenarios bound together with exposition,  and is not very long.   It doesn't have that much replayability, though the end has some branching.   Worth a pickup, though maybe not full price if you are frugal--I look forward to seeing more come out of their studio.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
I'm testing out Project Gorgon.

https://www.projectgorgon.com/

A big plus for me is the default key is similar to CoX.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #375 on: January 09, 2018, 09:51:04 AM »
I just beat Persona 5...and started on Super Mario Odyssey

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #376 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
Played and finished Superhot....it came in a humble bundle...

Basically, it's a slight twist on Max Payne's (or Wet's) bullet-time.  That, and it reminds me a bit of Portal, in the sense that the Portal guys came up with a puzzle game mechanic that would quickly end up being very vanilla, if it weren't for them coming up with GladOS and the 'Chelle storyline.  So, it feels like the Superhot people came up with a simiiar game mechanic idea, except the story is not nearly as good.  Ultimately, it's barely a morsel of a game and I would not advise buying it....The one possible exception could be the VR experience. could bemore entertaining.

Other than that, I started up Mark of the Ninja again, which isn't that sophisticated, but does give you the option to fight or stealth your way through. Not entertaining enough to warrant a buy, unless super discounted.

Also started up the Scars of Freedom DLC in Hard West, but haven't found that story to be nearly as compelling as the original campaign scenarios.  The voice acting is kind of annoying, which doesn't help its cause.

Overwatch Year of the Dog loot isn't all that great, except for Genji, so I'm sitting it out.

I logged in and promptly logged out of SWtor after discovering the server merge eradicated most of my toon's names and the game play mechanics were changed yet again...it feels like they're are trying to nge the game...

I'm basically floating between games, not really latching onto anything.  To some extent, steam cards are actually driving what I play....  / ' :

RIP CoH.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2018, 08:27:45 PM »
Been playing Halcyon6 - kind of a hybrid of a bunch of genres: Xcom like base management, Civ style species interaction with a Star Trek parody feel, some resource management/collection, and turn based RPG combat both in space and on land. Lots of fun and just so happens to be in the first tier of the current Humble bundle so can be grabbed for a song.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2018, 12:49:51 AM »
For some odd reason my post disappeared. But I have been playing Fallout 4, I love having 14 body guard companions and 3 regular ones :) I have given mmos a break for awhile.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2018, 10:38:49 AM »
For some odd reason my post disappeared. But I have been playing Fallout 4, I love having 14 body guard companions and 3 regular ones :) I have given mmos a break for awhile.

It didn't disappear, you posted it in the thread about looking forward to 2018 games. I only know this from me posting my above post there because your post fooled me :D