Author Topic: Mids 1.962 Testing  (Read 40503 times)

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Mids 1.962 Testing
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
http://cynicslair.com/share/MXDSetup1-962.exe

This is not a final, official release for I24, as it doesn't have the new enhancements in it yet (some are there, but they aren't set right, etc etc - ignore them).

The new powersets are there, though, and should be working; as is new mechanics like Fast Snipe. Please find and report bugs here.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: Mids 1.962 Testing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »
Oooh, thanks for the update.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:45:52 AM »
Woohoo! I was hoping to see a Mids update, thank you :D

Regarding bugs, it seems that Martial Combat -> Reach for the Limit has no effect on accuracy or damage. I've checked both the Totals window and the numbers for each attack, the stats remain unchanged whether it's active or not.

Psionic Melee -> Concentration has no effect on accuracy or damage, and has no toggle. However if you slot in the Gaussian proc the toggle appears, and once activated it affects stats like it should.

Blaster -> Munitions Mastery -> LRM Rocket should only be selectable if you already have two other powers from that pool, but I could select it just fine. It wasn't greyed out, and even after I selected it there were no warnings that it was illegally placed.

Stalker -> Body Mastery -> Laser Beam Eyes and Physical Perfection say they require you to have earlier powers from that pool, but I could select them with no restrictions. Plus, Energy Torrent says it requires having two other Body Mastery powers, but I could select it after picking just one other.

Fighting -> Cross Punch says that it can be selected if you already have one other Fighting power, but even after choosing Boxing or Kick, Cross Punch was still greyed out. I had to pick two of the earlier powers to make it available.

The following attack powers don't show damage bars in the Info panel:
Dual Pistols -> Hail of Bullets
Fighting -> Boxing, Kick & Cross Punch
Martial Combat -> Burst of Speed
Sorcery -> Enflame
Leaping -> Spring Attack (shows bar on DP/Martial Blaster, but does not show bar on Psi/Bio Stalker)

I've only had a chance to try out those two characters so far, a DP / Martial Blaster and a Psi / Bio Stalker. But I'll probably be checking out some others soon enough, and I'll let you know if I see any other issues. Thanks again for the update!

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »
Incarnate seems to not work as accolade power.

psionic Mastery epic pool for dominator don't accept anymore invention set

P.S. Thanks for all your work
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:00:06 PM by olliande »

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 08:24:31 AM »
Old ATO are at level 1  and give 0% enhancement.

malonkey1

• Elite Boss
  • A person who does stuff.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
Awesome. Will report back with bugs! Should I post here or send in PM?
BadWolf: "The point that JaguarX is trying to make, of course, is that City of Heroes is like a tree. And Google is like a Toyota...Corolla...? Which would make NCSoft a trespasser, shot by...um, Mister T...which is good, because diplomacy...?"

The internet is full of Comedy Gold.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »
I've replaced the file at the link with a new version!

So it turns out that the reasons for a lot of the bugs were due to a corruption in the DB that happened at some point after I23 but before I put together my first install. As a result, I had to roll back to I23 and then do a re-import. This means that any builds created using stuff new to 1.962 won't work any longer and have to be rebuilt. But, hey, Accolades and things should work now. Might've broke Bio-Armor again, though... sigh.

On the other hand, this means a lot of the issues are cleaned up. I've also finally added a way for me to import Invention Sets (but not the enhancements themselves, that I'm still working on) from the game files (like I already do for Powers and Effects and Set Bonuses and just about everything else), so I've added in all the sets from I24. What I don't have are all the new enhancements themselves, so some sets are empty. They'll come later.

I'll get to fixing all the enhancement issues (adding new ones, fixing the boosters, etc.) next. Expect a new version in a week or two.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »
Awesome. Will report back with bugs! Should I post here or send in PM?

Post here. Whenever I have time to set and work on Mids (roughly once a week for four hours or so), I refer to this thread as well as a couple other sources of bug reports.

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
No change for Accolade and Incarnate power : it doesn't work.

psionic Mastery epic pool for dominator don't accept invention set

New ATO set bonus work !

What is winter's bite range damage set and other similar set ?

I have uninstalled  Mids and reinstall it : same result.

I think I have downloaded the good file because of the New ATO set bonus work and the "new set " like winter's bite.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:43:22 PM by olliande »

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
Hello,

Call Thugs and other "normal" summoning pet can receive recharge intensive pet  set.

P.S. Thanks for all your work, it seems very complicated.

Draeth Darkstar

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 01:37:05 AM »
Hello,

Call Thugs and other "normal" summoning pet can receive recharge intensive pet  set.

P.S. Thanks for all your work, it seems very complicated.

Unless this was changed in the I24 beta and I'm forgetting that, this definitely is not true. Demons, Necromancy, and Thugs had a big advantage over the other Mastermind primaries specifically because they each had one power (the tier 7) that could take Recharge Intensive Pet Sets. I had a discussion with Synapse about it on the official forums in PMs around the time ATOs came out and he said it was an issue he was aware of but was not sure how he intended to solve yet.

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
Yes, I think it's a bug of the the 1-962 Mids version.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 05:47:51 PM »
Any updates on this.. I know the game is gone for right now.. but I still like to tweak my creations..

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »
Any updates on this.. I know the game is gone for right now.. but I still like to tweak my creations..

Same... >_> I was just afraid to post cause I didnt wanna seem pushy >_>

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
Same... >_> I was just afraid to post cause I didnt wanna seem pushy >_>

Same here,

I only played the game 8 month and there's a lot of possibilities I didn't explore : Brute, Stalker, Defender, Controller , Res based toon, regeneration based toon,...

I like to play daily with mids to wonder how to build and play them...

English isn't my first language, i'm always stressed to be pushy or disrespectful.

Crimsanotic

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »
I just downloaded this version of Mids; I'm not able to choose or unchoose powers, which means I cannot change an existing build or create a new one. All other button clicking works. Also, the Shield Wall +RES was changed to give +5%, and I'm pretty sure the Reactive Defenses scaling resistance was changed to be +3% all the time (and scale up to 10%).

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »
I have not the problem of choose or unchoose powers. Can you be a little more specific about your config?

Shield Wall give 5% in this version of Mid's ( I don't know if this is right or not, same for Reactive Defense)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »
I have not the problem of choose or unchoose powers. Can you be a little more specific about your config?

Shield Wall give 5% in this version of Mid's ( I don't know if this is right or not, same for Reactive Defense)

That's correct on the resistance uniques going from 3% to 5%. I24 was supposed to rebalance resistance bonuses to be a little closer to defense bonuses.

Crimsanotic

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 06:16:30 AM »

My config? What?

I cannot choose powers (by clicking on them), or remove them (by shift+clicking, or alt+clicking, whatever the command is) in existing builds from the previous version of Mids'. My friend had the same problem.

Also, the Reactive Defenses Resistance should be giving 3% if it gives 5%. When I looked, it was giving 0%, though.

olliande

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 08:08:03 AM »
Reactive Defenses Resistance give 0% : I don't know if this is right or false.

Do you use a Mac ( which version ) or a windows ( XP, VISTA, SEVEN, 8  ? 32 or 64 bits ? )