Author Topic: Mids 1.962 Testing  (Read 40638 times)

Crimson-Oriole

• Minion
Re: Mids 1.962 Testing
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2019, 04:40:42 AM »
Is there a possibility of getting a mobile version of Mids up and running considering current events?

RruinerR

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 01:59:06 AM »
There is also a problem with Masterminds and the lack of Kinetics secondary power. 
Someone in Reddit linked a Pines Hero Designer, which has Kinetics listed, but it cause the problem a few posts back where it gives a .net error and powers become un-selectable. 

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2019, 02:52:17 AM »
I don't know what code changes Pine made, if any, but I don't have them. I (as the only Mids developer who is still in-the-loop AFAIK) have no plans to update Mids at this time, but depending on how things pan out with community-run servers, I may be involved in developing a more modern, maintainable, and flexible planner going forward.

Bleshoo

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2019, 05:26:32 AM »
Any chance of Mids being open sourced?

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2019, 12:47:48 PM »
Mids himself asked that his code be kept closed-source. Granted, that was years ago, before Steiner and Diellen halfway translated it into C#.

jzzranime

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2019, 04:31:42 AM »
I don't know what code changes Pine made, if any, but I don't have them. I (as the only Mids developer who is still in-the-loop AFAIK) have no plans to update Mids at this time, but depending on how things pan out with community-run servers, I may be involved in developing a more modern, maintainable, and flexible planner going forward.

Thanks for your work, I still had the version of mids from right after the game went down. I tried out the 1.962 when the private / public  server went live last week. Mostly to mess around with the new Sent. class. If you do something new similar to mids I think the whole community would appreciate it.
Do you have any sort of dedicated group with a donation channel or page for these efforts?

I'll keep my eye on the forum for updates. I've been getting all the same bugs on the 1.962 version everyone else has.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2019, 05:31:14 AM »
jzzranime, you'll want to try the Pine build program. It's more updated, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, I don't know where the official link is. I have it on my Google drive, in theory, but I haven't verified what I got isn't malware.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
The pinned link in the character build section of the coh discord led to a clean version as of last weekend. Not allowed to post it here without mod vetting though.

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2019, 10:34:44 AM »
The SCORE forums has a link to both Pine's and a slightly tweaked version that removes a couple of pools that aren't actually implemented (ie Utility Belt) and fixes the issues with a few powersets crashing the planner if selected (looking at you, /Kinetics mastermind).
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2019, 10:51:35 PM »
I, for one, will be happy to contribute some cash, if you do decide to do that.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 08:10:40 AM »
Bug Report:

ATOs all show as Level 1, with 0% effects.