Author Topic: CO bandwidth  (Read 1782 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
CO bandwidth
« on: May 16, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
OK so this is something probably no one but me tracks but since it's getting to be annoying, here goes..

I get 5 gig of bandwidth a month to suckle from the Internet. I've learned to throttle down to this amount and could play my brains out in CoH and not reach the limit but ever since starting up with CO it is a constant battle. So, now, I'm always keeping my eye on the Bandwidth-O-Meter when playing and when not.

This morning before the patch I logged on to fiddle with costumes and ran 2 alerts. After the servers came down I was greeted with this. (Antenna was down is why the 2 bars)

Why such relatively huge upload numbers?

Only guesses I have so far are..

1.) It has something to do with creating costumes. Two times that I've noticed 'big' upload spikes like these is when I mainly logged on to make or alter costumes. Generally when I mess with costumes, it's just a fraction of game time spent, so, that could help hide these spikes during normal play.

2.) CO doesn't have anything p2p running in the background does it?

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: CO bandwidth
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »
I can't really give you any specifics at the moment because I'm sitting at work and every other link I try to open on the subject is blocked, but try googling for a way to disable the Pando Media Booster with Champions.  Pando is peer to peer that's installed with the updater.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Canine

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »
I can't really give you any specifics at the moment because I'm sitting at work and every other link I try to open on the subject is blocked, but try googling for a way to disable the Pando Media Booster with Champions.  Pando is peer to peer that's installed with the updater.

Hmm, if it's using Pando, then it's basically installed a torrent system to use your bandwidth to update others' games, hence the upload usage.

Try the steps listed here.  You may need to reboot your PC after making changes to have them fully take effect.

Bear in mind it's something that you may need to keep on top of, if CO updates reinstall/reactivate it, you'll need to uninstall/deactivate it again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
Mutha... Stealth p2p!

I had manually disabled Pando from Windows startup using system config when doing a scour of things loading on startup awhile back but now it's gone gone. Uninstalled, files terminated with extreme prejudice.

I'll be looking to see if it re-installs.

Man, you may have saved me hours and hours of game time. I could do with some weekend play time and no logging off every time I want to stare out the window for a minute or whatever. Many thanks.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
Seems worthwhile to mention to any potential tryers of this option that since removing Pando, I'm getting like 6 minute + load times for the Taco mishes when I run them the first time. Yes, I've been solo hehe..

Some Faves: