Author Topic: Interactive Story: Discussion Thread  (Read 11420 times)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Re: Interactive Story: Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
I was intentionally vague on details for the new comer, so that one of you folks could insert yourselves, yes.

I wasn't trying to be specific as to whom, which is why I described the character simply as a "dark figure". I figure, it's night time, and since it is raining now(due to Doctor Almost's "Rain" power), it'd make it hard to make out who's there at a quick glance. Feel free to run with it. :)

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 06:01:39 PM »
ran.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
Hmm... I wonder what a sudden rain will do to Ace's drones... I must ponder this. XD
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »
Hmm... I wonder what a sudden rain will do to Ace's drones... I must ponder this. XD

Well, it's a localized rain, just over the parking lot pretty much. Think of it kinda like the power Freezing Rain, only not really cold ot slippery, just wet.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »
Well, it's a localized rain, just over the parking lot pretty much. Think of it kinda like the power Freezing Rain, only not really cold ot slippery, just wet.
Imagine this scene from The Truman Show. ;D
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 10:37:34 PM »
It's been too long since I watched that movie...

I suppose I ought to post a bit about Ace at some point. The basic idea is pilot and inventor/gadgeteer with some level of machine telepathy. (If you're familiar with a tabletop RPG called Shadowrun, she's pretty much a Rigger without the cybernetic implants. When she's in control of a machine, like her aircraft, she more or less *is* that machine.)

The Model 88s are small drones with various functions... There are four of them, but 88-4 is a bit of a weirdness magnet. It's almost always down for repairs because it got into something it ought not have. (Its AI is a little more advanced than the others... Just enough to have developed an independent sense of curiosity.  ;D)

The Boss? I'm still pondering him. I have a few ideas about the guy, but hopefully the details will come along as we go. He seems to have pulled Ace out of some serious trouble in the past, though. I get the feeling her background may have been a little shady before she met him.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:51:12 PM by Brightfires »

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 04:23:42 AM »
These Bad Luck guys are harsh. 'Setting up their own guys to get blown sky high right along with the random hero-types? That's just rude.  :o

And you can bet Ricky and Dingo and company are definitely NOT going to be happy campers when they find out about it, either! Talk about incentive to turn state's evidence... ("All the better for us", Ace's boss says. "Interrogations can be such a messy business.." XD)

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »
I'm waiting for Shenku to make a post. 8)
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »
I'm waiting for Shenku to make a post. 8)

You guys can keep going if you want. I've been kind of busy with other stuff (mostly been trying to get an inventory system to work in UDK for a game I'm tinkering with, but also creating a functional language for my next book, school stuff, work stuff, exc.), and haven't been able to sit down to write anything further just yet.

You guys can make my characters do stuff if you need, and just write from your perspectives, I'll just improvise off of what's happened when I get to writing again. (Part of the fun, is you don't always have full control over your characters when someone else is writing! That's what makes it interesting; seeing what other people would do with your character. :P )

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »
Posted a new bit, hope no one minds, but I thought it was time to introduce a real villainous threat, and not simply thugs. You know, something that might make these heroes want to find out who she is, and how to stop her, and maybe result in them actually working together to uncover her forthcoming plots....

Possible Spoiler alert! Read this only after you've read my last post in the story thread!
Spoiler for Hidden:
FYI, her name is subject to change, which is why I had the bit there where Doctor Almost was laughing at her hysterically over her name, which will likely prompt her to change it... As for the part of him resisting the silence spell, I'm not 100% sure which direction I'm going with it yet, but it's either part of a protective spell on him from Crimson Maiden, or a natural ability of his that he doesn't know about but is largely useless...

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 02:11:33 PM »
Shortcutted things a bit but I don't think it'll hurt the momentum any.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
IT LIVES!  8)

I decided to go a little magic-a-la-Dresden with Ace's gear. Building things in a way that resists disruption via arcane energy isn't something she typically thinks about, so it's a bit of a weak spot.

And her boss is essentially offering the group "home office" as a base of operations. (I have only a vague idea of what the place is like, aside from it not actually being an office.) They're a small operation... just the two of them... so I'm thinking more along the lines of a warehouse on the waterfront if we want to go low-end, or the top floor of some building down-town if we prefer something higher-rent. It could really go either way given Ace's background vs. his.

I'll get into more detail about Ace's boss once we're in a position to really introduce him. I think he'll be good entertainment.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »
Sorry again about the delay, but as I said, you guys can keep going with out me if need be if you have ideas and want to keep going, that's kinda the point of it being "interactive". If I don't post for a while, just treat my characters like D&D NPC's that are tagging along with the group. :P

Side note, "Darkheart Angel's" first costume (post prison uniform) is based off a doodle I did a few months ago and recently turned into a 3D model... Been trying to come up with interesting designs for an "arch mage sorceress" type of look, and this is the most recent one... I'll see if I can upload a render or two in a little bit so you folks have a better idea of how she looked... But as mentioned by others in their response chapters, her magical wardrobe can be extensive, and will likely change for the final big showdown (especially since I admit the costume design is not that great...).

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 12:07:39 AM »
Not to double post, but here's a quick series of renders... Bare in mind, it's only a first pass on a potential design I was toying with, I'm personally not that pleased with it... (Textures could use tons more love, polycount is ridiculously high for the hair because of the transparent spikes in the buns {nearly double the entire rest of the mesh in fact}, and the costume design itself feels like it's lacking something that makes it stand out as unique...) But this should at least give you guys an idea of what I was trying to describe...

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 02:04:14 PM »
I'm going with the vampiric powers infusion giving Dani an inherent magical resistance, albeit one that requires some thinking to draw on....

Mainly, I guess, power-wise, think Buffy the Vampire Slayer (less strength buff more agility buff, though), but with Wolverine/Sabretooth/Deadpool style healing. 

If that makes sense to y'all?

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
Do your thing Gunbunny. As long as it flows, it's good.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
Word. ^_^

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »
Well, somebody do something In-Character, been almost a week since I posted...:P

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »
I need to go out and mow my little patch of lawn before lions and antelopes start to move in, but once that's done I'll post for Ace at least.

My only plan is to move her back to "home office" and intro her boss... sort of, anyway ;D... but at least that'll advance time a bit, and break up the current scene.

ETA: And... done! Go figure. The gadget-girl's boss isn't human.  8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:37:45 PM by Brightfires »