Author Topic: Hows Plan Z Doing: Phoenix Project and Heroes and Villains  (Read 4943 times)

Superratz

• Underling
Can Someone update me, I been Talking about it with some friends and now my brain not working .......rightt.

It's turning into Slime and coming out of my ears, how Heroes and Villains and The Phoenix Project, who is in charge of it again.
hows Golden Girl and Tony V Doing, What are they up too and how is Mission World Media.

A Update be nice so I can put behind this debate with my friend, Who is in Charge of what project and What there Dreams and hopes are
with there game. Are they still working on it and what the future holds for them all.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: Hows Plan Z Doing: Phoenix Project and Heroes and Villains
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
You can find out about the Phoenix Project at www.missingworldsmedia.com, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/missingworldsmedia, or Twitter as @mworldsmedia

HAV are at http://heroes-and-villains.com/ - I know they're also on Facebook and Twitter, but as I'm not involved with that particular project, I don't know the links off the top of my head, I'm afraid.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »
Both projects are also now doing weekly updates on these very forums, if you go to the top level "Titan Network" link and look for their respective subsections. The Phoenix Project's updates are also visible on both our Facebook page and our own forums. I don't know if H&V's are on their own site or if the updates are exclusively for Titan Network, but I would imagine they have some form of progress reporting on their own forums, as well.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
Golden Girl is posting one every Friday, but I haven't looked over at their Facebook or website in about a month to see if any new screenies have been posted. I'm still sifting though the videos from the TPP livestream, so that may take a while. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
I believe there is one more project also. Valience I think the name is. Looks like they are doing great things too.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7902.340.html

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »
Indeed - I'd been trying to follow from their website and concluded from the sheer lack of activity it had all been some kind of unicorn thing. And then, lo! Doctor Tyche says he's 'played their pre-alpa'!!! I was thrilled of course: those guys have a lot behind them, they'll get us something to play with while we wait for TPP (from whom I still expect great things - eventually. Late 2015 is a long time to wait).

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 07:24:19 PM »
I thought the same thing White Rager.  Turns out they were so focused on getting things done they didn't post anything.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 12:18:42 AM »
Such a wonderful way to be wrong  ;D

(Also, Gladius says he's just hire a community manager to take care of keeping us up to date. Even more wrong! Happiness and cupcakes!)

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
Since this seems to be the place to talk about BOTH (or all) the Plan Z projects, I guess I should put my question here.

Do Any of the Plan Z projects plan on having any offline capability?  I know this was discussed some time ago, but I have not been able to keep up to see if there was ever any final decisions on this.

After having COH pulled out from under my feet, I am very, very reluctant to spend money on any game that I cannot enjoy, at least to some degree, offline.

Just looking at what has been done with ICON (ie the ability to create a character and run around the city zones of COH) shows me that some (even if extremely limited) ability for offline play IS possible.

To me...the perfect game will have basic offline play capability with massively expanded online capability.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
Since this seems to be the place to talk about BOTH (or all) the Plan Z projects, I guess I should put my question here.

Do Any of the Plan Z projects plan on having any offline capability?  I know this was discussed some time ago, but I have not been able to keep up to see if there was ever any final decisions on this.

After having COH pulled out from under my feet, I am very, very reluctant to spend money on any game that I cannot enjoy, at least to some degree, offline.

Just looking at what has been done with ICON (ie the ability to create a character and run around the city zones of COH) shows me that some (even if extremely limited) ability for offline play IS possible.

To me...the perfect game will have basic offline play capability with massively expanded online capability.
The Phoenix Project is preparing for some level of offline, or sometimes-online play and even peer-to-peer play for mission makers to run teams of friends through. One of the requirements for the engine selection was for this goal, which eliminated numerous solid engines which simply would not offer this.

The ability for offline play depends heavily on the engine used.