Author Topic: Release Notes, May 23  (Read 1230 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Release Notes, May 23
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »
Source: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3247171#post3247171

Quote from: trailturtle
Release notes for May 23, 2013.

The Forum Malvanum

-The Forum Malvanum alert goes live! Join the Lunar Games and battle for galactic glory on the moon!

-UNTIL is offering a daily mission for heroes who investigate the Forum Malvanum alert. Visit them near Defender and the Powerhouse.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Release Notes, May 23
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:13:10 PM »
The event/alert looks fun but the rewards.... "Wheee a box of 200 Questionite that equals 1 zen that equals 1 penny of game buying power"

Oh no wait, it's a probably uninteresting or already have costume piece!

/groan hehe

I understand risk vs. reward but sheesh lets use some more imagination on the rewards. Stock me up with Major HOT bots that I burn up to run the alert or something else useful..

Looks like a fun fight so will surely be there though  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »
Event: Spanked

Logged on early this morning and hopped in a team that was shredding this alert. Lost the first one due partly to me standing there with Ironclad agro not thinking to drag him anywhere and Duretek (sp) would not be moved and they were not close enough together to aoe. Oops. Won the next few pretty easy, due to a good team, I thought.

Won the shield and action figure on the last attempt before the servers come down to fix the alert.

Highly entertaining, thanks CO.

Even with this skeleton crew and list of other complaints against CO, they've still managed to do alright I think. Blood Moon was also highly entertaining.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »
Well havent done the new alert myself personally yet myself and seems now its down for maintenance or something. But I heard mix reviews about it. Some say the yare not going to bother with it due ot short amount of time to complete a portion and some having a blast with it. Seems like the common tip is to build a team first then que, one with 40s. Then again I heard that tip for regular smash alerts and had good success even with lowbies and below 40s on smash.

When it's up, I'll check it out and see what its about. Sounds like there is not much time to waste stanging around looking at each other waiting for someone to grab the aggro and start damage, even less so than smash alerts.

And I heard about those questionite boxes holding up to 1500 Questionite but yet to see it myself and 200 seems more common. From the sound of it, it's one of those alerts where the Questionite reward given the risk should be no less than 750-1000 as if it's as difficult and "risky" of failure is as high as commonly said, then walking away with merely 200 questionite is a paltry sum that is borderline rip off if Questionite obtainment is the goal.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »
I was spoiled with my first group doing this. Now I won't do the alert without jumping into a team first. There's too many cutscenes to go through just to find out your team isn't going to make it with a pug.

Can't wear the shield because my tail pokes through.. Kinda kills the realism factor. I saw someone selling it for ... 1200G last nite! As back pieces go, it is pretty decent. Maybe it'll look good on my behemoth.

I'm one of those that has thought action figures to be fairly pointless but I actually kinda like lil flamey.
Some Faves: