Author Topic: A Few Screenshots  (Read 6925 times)

silvers1

• Boss
A Few Screenshots
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »

I recently created a photobucket account and uploaded a few of my better screenshots.
The Atlas Park shot with the yellow/orange coloring is my current windows background - helps me to remember this awesome game. :)
Hope you all enjoy.

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/krkestner/slideshow/City%20of%20Heroes

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

silvers1

• Boss
Re: A Few Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:15 AM »
Hmm, no responses, would you guys prefer I post the individual screen shots like I've seen in other threads?

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:25:13 AM »
Sure, post them individually so you can include your own commentary.   ;)
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:33:35 AM »
When I learned that the game was going to be shut down, I tried to get a few nice shots of Atlas Park, following are just a few of the many I took.
I always felt that AP was the central social hub of the entire game.

Atlas .. In Gold

A Feeling of Peace

An extreme birds-eye view.  Or should I say ... blimp?  :)

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:42:43 AM »
Just looked through your screenies at PhotoBucket. Sigh!  the shot in Cim made me long to run an ITF, and the nem + Rikti shot made me all nostalgic, too.  Great shot of the crash site, too, now I want to join an msr.  And the shots of Talos, SC, and the salute at the end . . . all the photos are so good.

Thanks for sharing them!  I wish I had thought to take screenies of zones and favorite places/enemies.  I grabbed my bases and all my treasured toons, but it didn't even occur to me to get scenery shots.  Glad you did.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »
The multitude of villain groups was amazing.  Any other fantasy based game.... you are always facing variants of spiders, bears, rats ... whatever.

A few villainous shots.

By far, the most attractive villains you could face in any game ( with the exception of the bucket heads ).

Speaking of bucket heads....   This is a fairly early screenshot of the Carnie Warehouse map. One of the few maps that actually creeped me out.
I wish Paragon had spent more time creating unique maps like this.

I believe this is from some trial, for the life of me I cannot remember this villainess' name.  Still, a cool Freakshow screenshot.

From the galaxy city tutorial mission.   The graphics were very nice,  I just wish the Devs had had the time to bring the rest of the zones up to this level.   This monster rivals anything I've seen in WoW or GW2.

Good old Hamidon,  I participated in many raids.   From the very early raids where the strategy was to drop controller pets, to the modern incarnation.   You cant beat a 5 story monster ... for coolness.

The clockwork king.   I never saw much difference between him and Nemesis ... both once normal men who now had their brains encased in
a metal shell.

The graphical effects in this Nemesis encounter were awesome.   I havent been able to replicate this kind of lightshow in many of my screenshots.

A Nemesis vs Rikti encounter in Crey's Folly, if I remember correctly.   Couldnt resist taking this screenie.

This shot turned out nice.  A 500 lb behemoth vs my little ol scrapper.

A very early screenshot.  I believe we were street sweeping clockwork in Steel Canyon when this was taken.

My first character, Hercules, felt right at home when he entered Cimerora.  Too bad for these Cimeroran soldiers. :)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:26:25 AM by silvers1 »

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:15 AM »

This is from the first year anniversary party in Atlas Park.  No events were scheduled, or possible at that point in the game.
However, a number of Devs joined us for the festivities.  There were hundreds of people present.
Dont remember which SG this was I had joined, but I couldnt bring myself to put Hercules in a Red/White/Blue costume.

ITF - the best TF in the game.    I loved running it to try and break speed records.

Galaxy Girl.  Seriously, they should have had some kind of flashback TF so we could meet her.  Another missed opportunity for the Devs. :(

Hercules viewing AP on the final day.

A nice sunset view of Independence Port.

Silver's Ghost - my BS/Dark Scrapper, flying over the IP bridge.

The IP bridge.  Anyone know who this statue is supposed to represent?

A moonlight view of Peregrine Isle.

The Rikti crash site.  Although RWZ raids were fun, I wish they had expanded them to actually allow us to enter the ship.
And perhaps encounter some final uber boss on the inside.

Some Dev spawned tentacles in Talos.  In this screenshot, it appears that one lone hero stands against their might.
The statue kind of looks menacing as well...

A moon shot.  I really wish we had gotten the promised moonbase before the end.

I think this is Steel Canyon.

My brute,  Rocket Science, surveying the SC statue.  It always appeared so majestic approaching that statue.

A nice view of Talos.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 02:24:22 AM »
A few miscellanouse screenshots:

My blaster NorthernStar surveying the IP statue in a circa 2005 screenshot.   I revisited the same spot with the same character in 2012 - needless to say the costume saw quite a few changes.

My favorite scrapper ( MA/Shield),  Star Spangled Shield.   One of the few characters where I received a number of unsolicited compliments on the costume.
Just wish I could have made her sleeveless, but the costume creater wouldnt allow that combination with the stripes.

Star Spangled in the lightshow room ( had to resort to a number of tricks to get into this concealed area ).

One of my very few villains, the BozMan, with the statue of Recluse looking menacingly over his shoulder.

Holding a torch on the final day.

I dont know these two patriotic toons, but they held their salute for most of the final day.  I had to stop and salute back.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 02:45:20 AM »
Just looked through your screenies at PhotoBucket. Sigh!  the shot in Cim made me long to run an ITF, and the nem + Rikti shot made me all nostalgic, too.  Great shot of the crash site, too, now I want to join an msr.  And the shots of Talos, SC, and the salute at the end . . . all the photos are so good.

Thanks for sharing them!  I wish I had thought to take screenies of zones and favorite places/enemies.  I grabbed my bases and all my treasured toons, but it didn't even occur to me to get scenery shots.  Glad you did.

Thank you.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »
Great stuff.

I have a program that I want to use to make a COH screensaver.

Basically it will be pictures changing with random transitions and I can overlay a lot of the in game music and maybe blend in some sound effects.

I don't have a tremendous amount of screenshots sadly, so I 'borrow' some of the really nice ones from posts like this.

Especially ones of the city and zones more than specific heroes.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »
'Love the pictures of Silver Ghost and Boz... Those are great.  8)
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 06:51:02 AM »
The multitude of villain groups was amazing.  Any other fantasy based game.... you are always facing variants of spiders, bears, rats ... whatever.

A few villainous shots.

Speaking of bucket heads....   This is a fairly early screenshot of the Carnie Warehouse map. One of the few maps that actually creeped me out.
I wish Paragon had spent more time creating unique maps like this.

BEST.

MAP.

EVER!!!!

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 02:04:19 PM »

The Post Apocalyptic Pruner. A Titan Weapon. The chain is animated.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 02:26:15 AM »

A nice shot of Marauder.  Man, I loved kicking his butt over and over. :)

Beautiful shot of Lusca basking in the evening sun.

The enhanced graphics really improved the look of water, as this shot shows.

My Nature/Ice Defender profiling in a nice Christmasy type shot.  Turning all the colors to white on the Nature Affinity powers gave
a cool snowy look - and I think I was the only one to think of doing it.

Had to stop and stare at the Carnie dancers on occasion.

A council AV.  One thing about the Council, they could never stop running their mouths. :)

A Praetorian screenshot.   Recluse and Tyrant had a thing about self grandizing images didnt they?

The IP helicopter.

A long distance view of the AP court.

Another perspective on the IP statue.

Loved the boats in this game.  This one is probably in Founder's Falls.

More boats in Cimerora.

This particular COT mob got caught in frozen animation - made for a nice screenshot.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »
The Post Apocalyptic Pruner. A Titan Weapon. The chain is animated.

What game is this from?

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
What game is this from?

Probably I24, or a pay-for release... that was never release before 'the end.'

See link in my sig to see it.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 10:25:15 PM »

Another AP View.

Inside the government building in AP.

A face only a mother could love ... then again, maybe not.

Romulus, you're going down!

Mmmm, donuts.  Makes me wonder if they ripped this scene off for one of the Iron Man movies.

Pre-conversion Dark Astoria - personally, I liked the older zone better.  More spooky, less gross.

Ok, all of you Kheldians are going to have to leave.