Author Topic: Some characters of mine (and their stories... mostly)  (Read 2025 times)

Invertin

• Underling
Some characters of mine (and their stories... mostly)
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:17:37 PM »
None of these are remade in the Titan Icon, I just have these old screenshots lying around and I was feeling nostalgic, so I figured I'd show them off somewhere.

In no particular order-

I don't remember this guy's name, Agent something. He was a mastermind hero using the Thug powerset, the idea being that he was a rehabitation project for criminals. Work for him, beat up some thugs, serve your time doing something productive with a new sense of justice. He was pretty good about understanding and trying to fix criminals instead of just stopping them.

Paladin Excimer (excimer being a type of laser) he was a beam rifle corruptor, from a distant alternate future where technology is worshiped due to robotic overlords. He's gone back in time to before the 'split' that caused his future, in order to prevent it, but he still treats his armor and weapons like holy relics just because of his upbringing. Also he was super vigilant and sometimes went a bit too far with the justice.

The Beast of Pride was a demons corruptor. His backstory was just that he broke out of hell and went out causing chaos, and slowly gaining power to free his eight 'brothers', the fire demonling 'lust', the ice demonling 'sloth', the hellfire demonling 'envy', the twin demons 'gluttony' and 'greed', and the demon prince 'wrath'. He only got up to gluttony before the game died though, I was never too good at getting my characters very far, I liked making new stuff over and over.

Veilheart, a hero stalker, using spectral claws (those holographic glowy claw things in a ghostly green). He was once a villain, but the sheer amount of death and carnage he caused has resulted in him being permanently haunted, followed by hundreds of spirits demanding retribution and making him a 'ghost magnet' of sorts, attracting more spirits into the whirling aura of spectral energy. At first, just to stop them from hounding him, he began fulfilling their final wishes and letting them pass on, but enough altruism adds up and now he genuinely wants them to die peacefully- in return, they grant him ghostly powers to combat evil. You can't see it, but he's surrounded by a ghostly green 'wisp' aura that everyone had when he enters combat, I couldn't find a screenshot of it.

The Earthquake Machine, a stone/stone... dominator? or controller, I'm not sure. I don't think I had too much of a backstory for him, but he had some sort of sonic vibration... thing in his feet, so that when he slammed them down it made a specific vibration to make chunks of rock fly out of the ground. Superhero science. He was some sort of mining or demolition robot, but he somehow started fighting crime. Like I said, I didn't have much of a backstory :P

General Blitzvolke. I wanted a robotic leader, especially since I bought the thinktank parts, but I had plenty of robot characters, and I was bored of them. So, I played around, and I hit this design, where he's clearly robotic but wears a snazzy military suit on top of it all. Blitzvolke means lightning storm (or at least it's supposed to), and that's his power. I never really decided why or how, but the body could generate storms and winds to blow around enemies. However, he was actually a mastermind using the Mercenaries set. He never actually fired his gun as far as I remember, all of his powers were either storm-based or minion-based and nothing else. He was inspired by Advance Wars, which was one of the reasons I never got around to deciding why he has storm powers in the first place (characters in that game just have powers because gameplay), but he was pretty good. If I remember rightly his soldiers were named 'rain' and 'thunder' in german to fit the theme, but again, he never actually got high enough to have all of them.

Also I made some propaganda-y poster things because he looked really dang cool.

If I find any more old pictures lying around I might post them and talk about those characters. I hope I've got a picture of Silverman, or Sir England, or Omnichrome somewhere, but probably not.