Author Topic: Easy come...  (Read 1797 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Easy come...
« on: May 27, 2013, 04:24:15 AM »
Had someone show me a trick with running Resistance today, and how do ya like that, they won a Dark Speed in the single run we made together. Not only were they nice enough to come help out but they even offered to give me the loot.

Anyway, score one for the CO community. Thought that was cool.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Easy come...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 05:58:42 AM »
cool stuff. I havent did Resistance with a team or anyone yet. Always went solo (no waiting for people to decide to join or get to the map and etc.). One day when I have the time and patience on my hand I'll run a team for Resistance even if it's just total of two or three people.

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:57:31 PM »
I soloed Resistance and Whiteout over the weekend.  I must say both of those missions were fantastic!  My SG normally does Whiteout runs, I just never seem to be free when they run them.

And my experience with the in-game community (aside from the usual junk that populates zone chat) has been relatively friendly.  My SG-mates have been nothing but helpful in answering noob questions that I have.  And CoH Refugees are everywhere.
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
I've been able to solo all the Adventure Packs except for Resistance. How did you take out the Shadow Destroyer? I tend to not have enough damage for that.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »
IT took a hot minute.

First I attacked and and as soon as he started running to the orb I try to beat him to it and destroy it as fast as I can lowering the amount of of time he is immune to damage ad regenerate. This gives me and good ol Dr Destoyer a chance to lay down some damage before he darts for another orb.

This is the only time I used super speed while in battle. it helped. The key is stay on his butt, kill the orbs, and go all out. Without the orbs, his regeneration is slow. Inside the orbs, if ya mess around, he can be back to full health each orb in no time.

None of my toons have or had any special gear just good old what ever dropped during regular missions and none were 40, the highest level one that soloed reistance was 37. The rest 35. Patience is key and some ability to do damage is also key. My toons are not pure DPS and none have crit chance, the ones that did resistance over 0.5% aka nill crit but in the range of tanks to somewhat brute equivalent. AOEs, help and when you can letting off the most powerful thing you can hit him with when ever you can and oh yeah again patience. 90% of the time dont have to worry about incoming damagebecause he usually ignore ya and focus on Dr. Destoyer.

A healer can help too because it keeps Doc. tip top and he attacks more the more health he has and does decent damage leaving ya to focu on killing the orbs that Shadow darts to.

I figured the easiest way is to kill as many orbs as you can while Shadow tangles with Doc. Because sometimes even if you destory an orb that Shadow is in, he sometimes simply darts to the next on and the next until he is either full again and or there isnt any more so kill them as many as ya can the first round that way you can pummel Shado and he have to wait until one regenerates which giveyou chance to get in some important extra hits. Then when one regenerates try to beat show to it, aka ignore shadow and kill theo rb as muc hbefore he gets to it. Remember when isnt inside an orb, he doesnt regenerate plus Doc is still zapping at him.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 06:32:30 PM »
I've been able to solo all the Adventure Packs except for Resistance. How did you take out the Shadow Destroyer? I tend to not have enough damage for that.

Well, I don't finish this anymore I just clumsily farm it for Dark Speed. But... Since you asked and I couldn't remember that fight at all and I have the whole day to goof off and am a fan of big fights., I did go ahead and finish it just a lil bit ago.  Thanks for the wings : )

Jaguar pretty well covered it already. I was playing Leezard who is Unleashed and how I did it was pretty simple. I just kept at Shadow Destroyer whenever there were none of those orbs he likes to drop sitting around. Otherwise, destroy the orbs.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
I may have to give it a go with my highest damage toon. The two times  I got to Shadow Destroyer with a team we didn't have the juce to put him down and Dr. D wasn't much help.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »
Just keep zapping those orbs then go back to Shadow D. If you made it this far, you should be able to do it I would think.

Once I remembered to keep the orbs down it wasn't even that hard of a fight but it is prolonged. I let Dr. D fend for himself and basically ignored him although if I happened to be standing next to him and he had a crowd I would clear them for him outta habit and then go back to what I was doing.

btw.. Saw that Dark Speed auctioned for sale for 900G this morning so I guess he really did loot it hehe. Good for him : )
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:36:23 PM by Xev »
Some Faves: