Author Topic: Converting to FF from AT  (Read 1225 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Converting to FF from AT
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
Does buying a FF slot do anything for me in regards to my current AT's? What if I get a FF slot, and sub for a month.. Since my current AT guys are not in that FF slot, it doesn't do anything for me does it?

How about a (lifetime) sub? When I get subbed I can convert AT's to FF, hmm?

These things are far off but I'm already thinking about the options. I'm starting to collect some nice toys and I'd like to keep using them. Plus, I like my guys as-is I just want them to be all they can be.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Converting to FF from AT
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
My understanding is that if you buy a freeform slot you cannot convert one of your existing ATs into the freeform. It's another slot.

You can buy Retcon tokens that allow you to convert an AT into a Freeform. You also can earn Retcons as a Gold when you take a character to 40. (You also get another character slot as a Gold when a character reaches 40.)

I have one AT, and I have to admit that I find Freeform so much better.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:23:40 AM »
So it sounds like the only way my current AT's are going to be perma FF is if I keep them subbed once they're retcon'd. Kinda what I was expecting. I wonder if I could have a second account that has a FF slot and transfer one of my AT's into that slot.. Ok that sounds like too much work.

Oh well.

I've never played an online game without a sub before. When I played NeverWinter Nights back in the day I was spending upwards of $500 a month to play. I spent 5 bucks on zen just to say I'm a paying customer but that's it so far, for CO. They've got some really nice options for (next to) free players. The option to retcon is a good one. Can't complain at all.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:30:51 PM »
Basically FF slots cost $50 a pop.

Granted, you could probably farm up enough Questionite to convert into Zen to do it.  But *I* wouldn't want to.

Also, if you subbed, the character would need to be converted to a Gold character IIRC before you can play it.  Then if you stop subbing, you have to pay to convert it back.

If you really want FF and you plan on making more than a couple, it's just plain more economical to buy an LTS.

Then you don't have to worry about spending money on conversions ever again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:40:57 AM »
I'm not making it my game goal in life to farm Q or the game would get monotonous real fast for me but when it's easy enough to do I do. I've got two guys now that can generally whiz through alerts and a third that's doing ok with them already at low level so I expect him to do well too.

Nemesis stuff, Alerts, if I happen to be logged on when they have the Q bonus thing going I go on a spree, some Gravitars. Fast and easy down and dirty stuff is where I get the bulk of my Q and I focus less on it as it gets easier to get.

So far I've gotten 2 AT slots from this formula and can probably afford a hideout or am close. And, learned a lot about the game and have had a lot a lot a lot of fun. Pretty darn good for 5 bucks and some casual farming. If I've still not got enough $$ stashed away to get a LTS by the time I can buy a FF slot with Q, then, yay, cool, I'll take that slot and do what I can with it. Make a whole new guy just like my favorite guy+ and level/gear him up again if I have to and use them both to farm easy Q. If I can manage a LTS before that, yay, even cooler.

I guess I'm kinda a planner and look forward to'er and am checking the options while there's nothing but time to spend on the game. LTS is for sure my end goal. Am happy to support the game and have a sub that won't go away even if I don't wring every penny out of it (in the case that they go under first - thank you for planting that thought, NCSoft).

Honestly though, the NCSoft thing doesn't seriously deter the LTS thinking for me. Yet, at least. It kinda is having the opposite effect. Been supporting this industry (PCs, games) with my last penny for quite awhile - in subs, building machines with the near latest stuff, and also pouring time and energy into it but that's less tangible I guess. So, why stop now I 'spose. It's a worthy game.

To make a short story long..

Some Faves: