Author Topic: Demo is very sick. Need a doctor please  (Read 4332 times)

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Demo is very sick. Need a doctor please
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:46:18 AM »
http://www.jkcomics.com/demos/i11/

The demo file is the only file listed.

I can't seem to get all the figures to appear. Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice? Please help.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Demo is very sick. Need a doctor please
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »
Which ones are missing? I see Cyril, the Cytrons, the general with soldiers, the news crew and the scientist NPCs.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
I'm not seeing all of them. I see their shadows but their bodies won't all generate...

Are there setting that could cause this?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:31 PM »
NVM, I didn't pay attention to the default view and flew around with F2.
Okay, the problem seems to have something to do with the draw distance from the camera. Not sure how to change it for the demo, though./
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »
I can't seem to get all the figures to appear. Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice? Please help.
You might try looking through the demo editing section on Paragon wiki.  http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demo_Editing/Demo_Problems_And_FAQs

It's likely the draw distance, as someone mentioned above.   If you use the Icon.exe executable, you can back out to the login screen and edit your graphics settings there, otherwise use the NPC model puddle as your player in the demo.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 04:21:44 PM »
okay I looked at the demo. I don't know what you did in it, Sin but I can not get the wide angle shots to render the models. The best I could do was loop the demo a bunch of times and moves the camera in a lot closer to the models.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
NVM, I didn't pay attention to the default view and flew around with F2.
Okay, the problem seems to have something to do with the draw distance from the camera. Not sure how to change it for the demo, though./
It's not the draw distance.   I ran your demo file with the same settings  that ran this demo just fine  (and still does).   It's behaving like an overlapping model glitch, or what happens when you get behind scenery.   

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »
I had another friend say that the zone I picked is glitchy starting out and he thinks there is an invisible wall I need to get under to let all the figures generate.

Thoughts?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »
That might fit.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »
I open the demo in notepad and did a replace-all, changing " -338 " to " -330 " and all the military and cytrons are unblinking now. I think you have them all either sharing the ground's plane or below the ground just enough for the engine to wonder what to do with them.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
I open the demo in notepad and did a replace-all, changing " -338 " to " -330 " and all the military and cytrons are unblinking now. I think you have them all either sharing the ground's plane or below the ground just enough for the engine to wonder what to do with them.

Okay cool. I'll keep that in mind for the future. I moved the camera to another position so I could focus on other parts of the comic.

Thank you. :)