Author Topic: Best sites to point our new Overlords to?  (Read 6794 times)

kalynnda13

• Minion
Best sites to point our new Overlords to?
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »
When we write to Google, is there a preferred website/Facebook page/etc. we should point to? Or a set of sites?

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: Best sites to point our new Overlords to?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »
There's www.savecoh.com, and Facebook groups include Save City of Heroes, CoH Alumni and CoH survivors. Those are probably the biggest ones.

There's also the Boycott NC Soft group, too :-)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:13:44 AM »
Let's not send them there Rae  ;D

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:09:10 PM »
Let's not send them there Rae  ;D
+1
There's enough potential negativity on the other sites without sending anyone to sites based on negativity.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 05:08:42 PM »
I'm really looking forward to Vyolet's site going live - that'd be perfect to point people to, as it tells the story of the Save COH campaign really well. Hopefully that won't be much longer :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
+1
There's enough potential negativity on the other sites without sending anyone to sites based on negativity.

I sadly concur.

Dont want them Google to get to that site and think "Say, that could be us if do something they dont like. Uhm yeah, lets not jump into that fire."
They are a corporation after all. And the tone in the proposal that we are dedicated and civil people must match the actions that we use as examples.

The chances are already slim lets not half an already slim chance. We need all the meat we have and no creations of possibilities tha tcould have should have would have been avoided. It should end with either working as i hope it do or knowing we tried damned hardest and nothing could be changed to create a better chance.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »
Dont want them Google to get to that site and think "Say, that could be us if do something they dont like. Uhm yeah, lets not jump into that fire."

This made me realize something. It's Google. They are information. They'll probably find it on their own, so maybe we should own up to the unfortunate dark side (red side?) of our community. I know I'm contradicting myself, but we can't hide it. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »
This made me realize something. It's Google. They are information. They'll probably find it on their own, so maybe we should own up to the unfortunate dark side (red side?) of our community. I know I'm contradicting myself, but we can't hide it. :)

Yup, that is good point. Hell, they might already know. 

Well I'm with it either way.

I think we can direct them to the facebook page of SaveCOH at least. I think it's pretty decent and the people there seem to focus more at least in the more current time, on how much they love the game. And while we at it, fit a little Google "gift drop" in there or something. Or something like how some google app or tool would have been nice with COX. And of course not done by one of the inner circle of proposal writers. That would be too obvious.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »
There's no reasonable expectation that they won't know of how poorly some players reacted.  I didn't follow all of it, but I don't think there's anything that happened to make Google pull a Brave Sir Robin, though.  Yeah, people were upset and said rude things.  Nobody went on a hacking spree, or mailed unpleasant organic items them I'm aware of, though.

And the fact that players are still active, vocal, and trying to get their game back should show how loyal and hungry we are for the game.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »
There's no reasonable expectation that they won't know of how poorly some players reacted.  I didn't follow all of it, but I don't think there's anything that happened to make Google pull a Brave Sir Robin, though.  Yeah, people were upset and said rude things.  Nobody went on a hacking spree, or mailed unpleasant organic items them I'm aware of, though.

And the fact that players are still active, vocal, and trying to get their game back should show how loyal and hungry we are for the game.

I think you just made a good angle, if it came down to that.

But yeah it dont take mailing or organic items to look bad now or criminal acts. Simple coordination of tryign to flood them either email or mail with sole purpose to interupt business operations can look as bad as sending them a letter with anthrax (except the criminal part of it.)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 05:49:32 AM »
Too bad the Google deal fell through, the game would probably have a lot better maps.
And imagine a Google Now voice telling you that there are several Rikti in walking distance.