Author Topic: Civilization 5 -- City of Heroes Civilizations!  (Read 16416 times)

vicevirtuoso

• Underling
Civilization 5 -- City of Heroes Civilizations!
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:06:36 AM »
Not sure if this went in this forum or in the "Other Games" forum. Mod please move the topic if necessary.

I miss being able to beat up on Statesman, Recluse, and Tyrant. Quite a lot. So much so, in fact, that I decided to mod them into one of my other favorite games -- Civilization 5. This mod adds Paragon City, Praetoria, and The Rogue Isles as Civilizations. It does require the Gods and Kings expansion.  For anyone here who plays Civilization 5, check out the mod on the Steam Workshop!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151940871

Fanny

• Minion
  • I aim to misbehave.
Re: Civilization 5 -- City of Heroes Civilizations!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 03:19:48 PM »
I wanted to use that mod but it requires you to manually alter sound files in the game and I was not okay with that. I hope the author releases a version that will not require changing sound files.
"There is no victory without sacrifice."

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »
Fanny:  When I saw this mod on Steam, I immediately jumped on it.  I've used the mod (all 3 Civs) without altering those sound files and have not encountered any problems (so far).  ;)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Fanny

• Minion
  • I aim to misbehave.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:06 AM »
Oh cool, thanks for the info!
"There is no victory without sacrifice."

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »
Cool!!! I think it's time to reinstall Civ 5.  :D

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
Just need Nemesis and it is perfect.

Cazimi

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »
I giggled my way through playing this, from liberating Singapore from Recluse (yes, I had to play States), through Marcus Cole's pompous speeches, but when my first spy was named Manticore, I lost it and had to pause the game to let you know I am enjoying this completely.  Thanks!

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
Oh man I just saw this right now while looking through Civ 5 mods in the Steam workshop. Looks like this mod has been updated since the OP's announcement here, even.

I hope he continues to work on it!

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 03:05:52 AM »
I just tried this. Nemesis crashed Civ 5 - I figured I should try one of the original 3 civs. Statesman also crashed it. So... I guess no mod for me  :-\
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
This mod was mentioned on a reddit post recently. It doesn't appear to be available anymore from Steam. Does anyone still have it or have alternative sources for it? https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/dozk65/city_of_heroes_civ_5_mod/
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame