Author Topic: I amuse myself sometimes  (Read 1975 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
I amuse myself sometimes
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:16:58 PM »
So - I find myself running one of the (relatively rare) timed missions in Champions - trying to disarm a bunch of bombs in a warehouse full of zombies before they go off -

And I find myself thinking two slightly snarky thoughts -

1) "There's nothing in this warehouse BUT THE ZOMBIES. Wouldn't you WANT the bombs to go off?" >.>

and - Due to the slightly more, shall we say - campy tone of Champions compared to CoX, as I'm running around looking for that last bomb and time is beginning to run out, I can't help but think -

2) "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: I amuse myself sometimes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »
A lot of the story elements seem to be chosen for no other reason than "rule of cool," except the person deciding on what's cool is 12 years old.

I was going through one of the UNTIL mission arcs (can we call them Task Forces; they kinda remind me of those), the one where you have to take out the VIPER shield generators, with my 11 year old son, and all he was interested in was exploring the surrounding jungle. Or running from mob to mob in the bunkers yelling, "I'm a ninja!"

We died a lot.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 01:22:48 PM »
Or running from mob to mob in the bunkers yelling, "I'm a ninja!"

We died a lot.
LOL, I like your son ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
So do I! :)

He's an amazing kid, but he's not ready for "prime time." I'm easing him into PnP, though. Champions is a little mathy, but I still have most of my boxed set D&D stuff. Maybe rolling a new character every time he dies will give him pause. :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."