Author Topic: Costume File Formats  (Read 28259 times)

Tacitala

• Boss
Re: Costume File Formats
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »
Likewise I have tried a number of weapons...none of which have created a value in #27. Again, if you have a specific part, it would be appreciated.

I looked at some costume files of mine for a pair of characters that have two weapons (double pistols and claws).  On both of them, #27 was blank.  However their right hand weapon was never listed anywhere in the files and, in addition, when I loaded their costume file their right hand weapons was listed as "cannot find part".  This may then be some sort of error in the costume creator where it is not correctly generating the right hand weapons.  I'm going to manually edit in a #27 value as if it was the right hand version of their weapons in a little and give an update on what I find.

Edit for update: No luck :( but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on though: the costume creator isn't generating the right hand weapon correctly.  Luckily, as the colors are the same, all you should have to do select the correct right hand weapon.

A random side note on translating colors between hex and B/G/R- rather than looking for a translator you can also see if you have a graphics program on you computer already that could do the swap in a palate/color selector tool.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:01:53 PM by Tacitala »
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
With all due respect to Xenos, I'm really hoping someone can (at least partially) automate this, or at least write another guide.  I tried it on a sentinel file last night, but got pretty lost partway through.

EDIT: And when looking for a matching boneset, try just using "Find Previous" for "boneset" after finding the right Geo/tex1/tex2 listing.

Yeah, it is a tremendous amount of work, for one costume.

:P
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »
With all due respect to Xenos, I'm really hoping someone can (at least partially) automate this, or at least write another guide.  I tried it on a sentinel file last night, but got pretty lost partway through.

You should have had that drink I was mentioning.  ;)

Let me know where you got stuck, or post the <costume> section from you .xml file and the current state of your .costume file (I'd recommend using the code tags for that), and I'll see if I can point you the right direction.

EDIT: And when looking for a matching boneset, try just using "Find Previous" for "boneset" after finding the right Geo/tex1/tex2 listing.

Great suggestion.

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »
I looked at some costume files of mine for a pair of characters that have two weapons (double pistols and claws).  On both of them, #27 was blank.  However their right hand weapon was never listed anywhere in the files and, in addition, when I loaded their costume file their right hand weapons was listed as "cannot find part". 

The right hand weapon should be in CostumePart #13. My Claw character has Right Weapon in #13 and Left Weapon in #25. My Dual Pistol has Right Weapon in #13 and Left Weapon in #26.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:34:14 PM by Xenos »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
With all due respect to Xenos, I'm really hoping someone can (at least partially) automate this...

I chatted with Guy Perfect this morning, who wrote Sentinel and is extremely familiar with the various formats being used.  We have the knowledge available to do this conversion.  I'll see if I can get something rolling.

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
I chatted with Guy Perfect this morning, who wrote Sentinel and is extremely familiar with the various formats being used.  We have the knowledge available to do this conversion.  I'll see if I can get something rolling.

That would be extremely exciting!

Thanks for looking into this.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2013, 06:41:27 PM »
I'll see if I can get something rolling.

Please and thank you.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
Please and thank you.

This.

EXCITEMENT!

8)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »
The right hand weapon should be in CostumePart #13.

I was hoping that would clear up #27 should be.  I was also hoping that it would clear up why the costume creator keeps resetting my right hand weapon.

But thank you for working this out and the walk through guide.  :)
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 01:16:51 AM »
I was hoping that would clear up #27 should be.  I was also hoping that it would clear up why the costume creator keeps resetting my right hand weapon.

But thank you for working this out and the walk through guide.  :)
The .costume file for my Dirty Pair Kei homage has her right pistol in slot 27.
It seems to load correctly.
My male Two Blade Kid has his sword in slot 13 and his dagger in 25.
Edit: If I make a female Dual Blades scrapper, the same slots are used as the male.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:59 AM »

#27 is WepR_2 aka Two Handed Right Weapon.

It's used by Arachnos Maces and the right hand weapon for Dual Pistols.

Technically Blaster and Defender Dual Pistols use #26 and #27 for their weapons. Corruptor Dual Pistols uses #26 and #13 for its weapons. Might be why it's broken for loading them.

Every other dual weapon set (including Thugs MM's pistols) in the game uses #25 (WepL) and #13 (WepR). I have no idea why Dual Pistols is set up that way. I probably don't want to know.

Edit: Thinking about it, the corruptor discrepancy is probably because of the Arachnos mace. That means that a blaster or defender who went redside and got mace mastery would have some... issues... with their gun.  :o

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 01:58:18 AM »
I can vouch that the character Taci speaks of is a Dual Pistol/Storm Corruptor (what a fun character to see on a rampage...)  She'd not chosen any Patron/Ancillary Pools yet.

It doesn't look like your explanation covers why her right pistol keeps glitching.  Weird.

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 04:01:47 AM »
Every other dual weapon set (including Thugs MM's pistols) in the game uses #25 (WepL) and #13 (WepR). I have no idea why Dual Pistols is set up that way. I probably don't want to know.

I am sure that a game that evolved over 8 plus years, or 24 issues, has developed some quirks in it's code. And yes, you are right...as long as it works, it's probably best not to look too closely.

Thanks for the background info though.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

And I didn't think I could love Titan Network more than I already did!

JadeFalcon

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 12:54:12 AM »
Leandro made this .cohdemo -> .costume converter back in 2009. I'm able to use old costumes saved with it that gave invalid parts errors at the tailor using the /loadcostume command in Icon. So it can still be handy to have even though it won't work with costumes containing more recently added parts.

Thank you for making this, Leandro.

Download

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2014, 04:24:07 AM »

Does anyone know if this ever got rolling. I dont have the technical knowledge of how to work all the files.. I just wish there was a way I could upload the costume info into Icon and get my costumes again..

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2014, 08:43:56 PM »
anyone ??

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2014, 04:36:08 PM »
I think it died on the vine.