Author Topic: When I'm Bored (And play with Icon)  (Read 13851 times)

Sakura Tenshi

• Minion
When I'm Bored (And play with Icon)
« on: June 15, 2013, 02:09:24 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

First up, we have my attempts are creating new looks for the Freedom Phalanx and Infernal (the look could work for either Praet or Prime)

First up we have old States himself.

Personally, this is a slightly less than ideal costume, but it's supposed to take Statesman's Greek inspirations up a bit by giving him a sort of "modern, stylized, hoplite/phalanxer" look. I'm also really sad the guy could never get a proper, full Corinthean helmet.

Next we have Sister Psyche, because, to me, her outfit never really said "Psychic"

This does, at least a little bit more than the original. (FYI: Praetor Tilman's didn't say psychic much either to me. Did say "Fascist Fetishist" though)

Synapse

Front

And back
I just liked the "dynamo" look on with the Resistance arm pieces and the Cybertech spine helped with his "modified reflexes" look.

Manticore

Because all gritty anti heroes need body armor, plus it gives visual cues of the Wyvern ties.

Back Alley Brawler

The next couple of ones weren't made in any Icon other than the one from when the game was still running

Positron

Because I'm a bit of a transhumanist and feel its very cynical of technological heroes to never get upgraded tech.

Numina

Just because you're dead, doesn't mean you can't be fabulous, darling.

Citadel

Trying to slim down after seeing the weight Siege put on from too many cookies in his hard drive.

And now for Infernal in two flavors!

Feral, God of War knockoff

And heavily armored knight in demonic armor!

Stepping away from canon into HEADcanon, the following are some designs I came up with for Arachnos during the 1930's, based a bit on the back story of my old Soldier of Arachnos who, until a ten year retirement after losing his wife to old age, had been serving Arachnos since around that time. (The guy is OLD. For a normal human.) The images will be accompanied by the character's commentary on the outfits as I was designing them.

"Yeah, it looks nothing like what we were wearing even a little more than a decade later, but you have to remember: this was military fashion at the time and Arachnos wanted to present itself as more than a terrorist organization, but a proper paramilitary unit to strike fear into everyone. But that old uniform had more in common with what the Fifth Column would be wearing than anything to later do with arachnos besides lots of black and red." -William "Bill" Roosevelt

"Now for the women folk, black leather was big at the time for villainesses since about anyone could make it work. Arachnos naturally went the same route with the old widow assassins, funny how they used to use swords back then, but times just change. Still, there was a lot of fetish appeal at work in those old costumes too, namely that bra plate, I had no idea what was up with that until later. Didn't too much for Tia and I's old widow teammate when someone shot her in the chest. Anyway though, about the only familiar aspects of the widow uniform are the high collars, and long gloves and thigh highs that stopped seeing use around around the time Red Widow assassinated The Weaver." -William Roosevelt

"So I mentioned Widows and Soldiers of the day, but here's a fun little fact: the early fortunata program was a pretty interesting one. It was divided into three groups: combat support, combat frontlines, and homefront support, and about half the psychics we had back then were issued firearms as well because there were reports that novice psychics suffered health problems from overuse of their powers. While Arachnos normally would use this to weed out the weak, psychics were just too valuable. Like the widows they tended to wear the leather bodysuits, I remember Tiana mentioning out she hated how fast those things heated up. A few recruitment posters back in the day even featured Fortunata and Widows with their suits mostly unzipped, the truth was that these were fairly candid photos and taken in women's locker rooms just trying to cool off.  To say the least, the propaganda department was the first Arachnos division to ever have a higher mortality rate than any frontliner operatives." -William Roosevelt

"Now, Crab and Bane Spiders don't predate Recluse, but we did have something like the Crab Spider, no fancy arachnid related named here, we just called them Wreckers.  The 1930s to 70s saw waves of super soldier serums get presented to all kinds of governments and supervillains. Wreckers were basically Arachnos' super soldier serum test subjects unleashed into the field. Their abilities varied in small ways, but they were universally powerful, nigh invulnerable, and hate a general hatred for anyone not connected to their own fortunata and her squad. And for the sake of redundancy, they were often slapped in heavy steel armors with spikes attatched and generally only understood three commands once the drugs kicked in: yield, follow, and attack."

And completely abandoning canon, I now present some of the looks I've been able to give my characters without that silly old "For NPC only costume parts" limit.

okay, this one is using pretty much all costume pieces that at least would have been PC usable. But, none-the-less, this is my old Titan Weapons brute: Titan Guardian, AKA Bob. The soul of a psychotic murderer shackled to a suit of armor turned faithful bodyguard of a thieving sorceress and the first human to possess a demonic Prince.

This is Eldritch Esoterica, my Mind/Time (heroic) corruptor. When I made the original costume with pure PC parts, I loved it so much the only improvements I could make was using the longer CoT skirt and I think the hood that has the plunging neckline in shadows. This guy was based on an old idea I had had about stories of "evil tomes of eldritch lore, bound in human flesh and written in human blood" being taken with a very different meaning on the latter part.

And here her is just standing there, menacingly.

Perhaps the biggest benefactor of NPC costume pieces opening up has been my Soviet Robot: Atomic Red.

I can even now give him ranged weaponry! (He was originally a willpower/energy tank)

And now to top things off, here is my kat/SR scrapper, Akuma Ryu, using an interesting Shoulders/Belt combo that were apparently meant as alternatives for the samurai armor set.  (edit: I just now realized I did not actually post this image)

Welp, that's all for now, folks, feel free to dump any sort of upgrades or odds and ends you made when you're bored and playing with Icon.

Also, Sister Psyche is wearing the "Fashion boots" and "Fashion Gloves".
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:19:30 AM by Sakura Tenshi »

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
Re: When I'm Bored (And play with Icon)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:32:45 PM »
Some really good designs here. Nice work!
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
.....What boots are those that Sister Psyche has on?!!!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »
.....What boots are those that Sister Psyche has on?!!!
Those are from the Carnie set, there's two versions, one over the knee and one just below/at the knee.

Just noticed I was looking at Numina. I don't know what boots Psyche's wearing.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 11:03:52 PM »
Those are NPC boots.

I don't know the name off the top of my head.

EDIT: They might be called "Fashion Flared" and "Fashion Tight".

Fire up Icon in NPC Mode by modifying a shortcut (below image for Windows).

The boots should be at the very bottom/end of the list of shoes for females.

:D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:10:24 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
Those boots that Sister Psyche is wearing above? Those are - I believe - a variant of the Red Widow boots without the studs. I think it's an option in the NPC tailor. As you can see below, the pattern aside from the studs is the same.

Sakura Tenshi

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 02:13:22 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Still playing around in ICON

First up is a round of costumes based off of an idea I had had for Incarnate level CoT originally from before Death Incarnate. I admittedly forgot to use some of the fancier CoT belts on them, sadly.

First up are the elemental Thorn Casters, improved and ready to kick the asses of heroes and villains alike.

Air!

Fire!

Earth!

Water! (Actually ice, but who's counting?)

By their powers combined, He is Thorn Knight! (not really)

In two flavors even!

So what these guys really are, basically, was the result of me feeling that the CoT could have done with some more Magical Knight types who emphasized the knight aspects a bit more than the magic. They were based on both the Thorn Wielders and a bit on the Spectral Knights to basically make some freaky, physically tough minion for the CoT.

Next up, I pay my dues to fellow friends from the old City of RPC. Oddly, only so many because, sadly, I don't quite remember them all very well anymore, and those that I tend to (my usual running mate and the CCCP) generally tended to make costumes that I really had no ability to improve on.

Anyway though, first up is the old Prima Ring Mistress of the Pinnacle Carnival of Light: Tightrope!

Back
http://s82.photobucket.com/user/Unmortem/media/City%20of%20Heroes/Tightrope02_zps67dfb7cd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12
The costume was inspired both by the canon CoL in Praetoria, and also a bit from Zantanna, knowing the player as a bit of a fan of the DCU.

Next up: Sister Jeanne

SJ tended to run around in the medieval armor from launch to the game's close, and was in sore need of a longer skirt to fit the whole "fighting nun thing". Sadly, the only option for the latter was the tattered talons skirt, thankfully though, being the aggressive fighter sort, a tattered skirt fit SJ's character quite well in my book.

Along with Jeanne we get Sister Noriko from the same Order invented by the player:

Action shot!

I went to focus a bit more on the "Japanese armor aspects", though the big thing was giving her the Naginata she had been meant to wield. (The player had to make do with an axe)

Lastly from Sister Jeanne (the player) we have their namesake's alternate dimensional counterpart: French Maid

An amazing amount of things for this one were already in the costume editor or the NPC parts easily could have been subbed for something else, but I still felt Serene's top worked best.

Finally, from another player of the same name as the character: Moriyaku

I tried to blend in the fact that the character was a psychic without rehashing what I did for Sister Psyche, especially since this character's psychic powers were magical in nature and was a gifted technomage as well.
Mori, if you're still out there, I would like to apologize for not getting permission on this one.

And now for some random things I made up. Starting with a Rogues Gallery I invented for Atomic Red while playing around with the character editor
Fembot Villainess:

(Yes, I do like this pose staff fighting has)

Powered Armor Villain:

Who, sadly, is almost entirely obscured by their thrust. I probably should have used a neutral pose.

And a Cyborg villain:

And now for some things completely different.

A female Dullahan. Partially inspired by Celty from Durarara!! (namely just being a female dullahan) for those unaware. Dullahans were a type of headless knight fae or ghost in Celtic myth who rode on horseback and lashed at the living with a whip made from a spine or splashed you with a bowl of blood like something out of a KISS concert. The latter was an omen you were going to die.

(file name: AndAllThePowersofHell) Figure it out from there.

And lastly: Odd Rikti

Or: Why the Rikti were never meant to be used by players.

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »

(file name: AndAllThePowersofHell) Figure it out from there.

!!!

Love this one the mostest.

(Longstaff animations for blasters was high on my wishlist already, but this is the best reason yet.)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 05:15:04 AM »
Very cool stuff!

The CoT makes me wonder: are the old CoT costumes available in Icon?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
AFAIK they're not due to not being compatible with the player model. Villain groups using player-compatible costume pieces came around 1.5-2 years after the original release.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.