Author Topic: Is it to late for me to Help  (Read 3209 times)

Peter

• Underling
Is it to late for me to Help
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »
I played City of Heroes for almost 7 Yrs. It is more than a game to me. It was my second life and I truly miss it. I miss the community and people I came to know. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada and would be pleased to lend a hand in this.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
Re: Is it to late for me to Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 01:58:23 AM »
All three projects need help in different areas. What are your skills?

Peter

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
 Honestly I do not have experience or skills in game design, what I can offer is to be here in Edmonton should you need feet on the ground. I am a electrician and would lend those skills should they be needed. I am aware what I am offering is not high on your list of needs. However I would give my time, It's what I have and it is available should you need it.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »
The Phoenix Project is actually engaging in a recruitment drive for more fans and awareness, in preparation for our September 8th launch date for a Kickstarter. We definitely can use feet on the ground, in helping to organize and prepare for convention appearances, fan gatherings, and locally-organized events that celebrate the upcoming game and comics and superheroes (and villains!) in general.

I confess that I don't know where Edmonton is (in which State or Province?), but if you know of or would like us to keep an ear out for conventions in the area that you could help us organize the boots on the ground to help spread the word, please hop over to our forums and sign up. There are a couple threads in the General forum that are for introducing yourself; either "New Members" or "Continue Assembling!" would be a good place. We've had to tighten our security a bit recently, so we'll need to approve your first couple of posts before they show to the public. Once that's done, you can private message Zombie Man to volunteer your assistance. Copying me on the PM can't hurt, either.

This is a rather new front in our efforts, so things might be a bit creaky at first, but we definitely appreciate volunteers to put in some on-the-ground support in their areas! So thanks for offering, and we look forward to working with you!

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »
I confess that I don't know where Edmonton is (in which State or Province?)

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:03:16 PM »
I don't know if there are any comic cons in your area, but I know TPP will be looking for people to man stalls at them at some point for example.

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
I'd like to help too.

Skills:

BA In English (Creative Writing Focus)
Years of Customer Service Skills
Years of Game editing experience (Informal I just took stuff apart on my own)
Years of Data analysis, number crunch, spreed sheet jockey-ing.
Over 7 years of being an avid CoH player, and active forum member.

I can write, crunch numbers, scour spread sheets, edit file libraries, tweak values, talk to people.  I'd particularly be interested in writing lore\stories for the project.