Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 28468 times)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 05:10:22 PM »
artbunker, I like the immersion of DC Online but I hated the loot/salvage storage and mission allocation.

Otherwise I would join you.

Hurry up CoX and come soon.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
Hay, just wanted to let everyone know.

DC Universe is going to implement cross platform play between PC, PS3 and PS4. I haven't played in a long time but I might pick it back up once I get bored with WOW.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 04:46:34 PM »
Are they going to allow PvP between platforms? It's my understanding that games on multiple platforms don't allow PvP because of the different advantages / drawbacks to each system take away a level playing field.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 09:45:40 PM »
Are they going to allow PvP between platforms? It's my understanding that games on multiple platforms don't allow PvP because of the different advantages / drawbacks to each system take away a level playing field.

So they will allow PVP between platforms, but only in the mountain regions.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 03:06:51 AM »
I told the launcher to "remember me", and now, I can't figure out how to get it to stop, so that it doesn't automatically log me in. Can anyone help?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 03:21:43 AM »
I told the launcher to "remember me", and now, I can't figure out how to get it to stop, so that it doesn't automatically log me in. Can anyone help?

In the upper right of the launcher screen should be whatever account name the launcher remembers you as with a little down arrow next to it and then the option to log out. If you click the little down arrow and look next to the account name there is a small x. Click the x and the launcher will forget that account log in information. If you have more than one account being remembered by the launcher on that computer click the x for each account you want the launcher to forget. When you next log in do not check the box next to 'remember me on this computer' and it shouldn't keep track of that log in information any more.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »
In the upper right of the launcher screen should be whatever account name the launcher remembers you as with a little down arrow next to it and then the option to log out. If you click the little down arrow and look next to the account name there is a small x. Click the x and the launcher will forget that account log in information. If you have more than one account being remembered by the launcher on that computer click the x for each account you want the launcher to forget. When you next log in do not check the box next to 'remember me on this computer' and it shouldn't keep track of that log in information any more.

Thanks; that did it.

Having finally tried DCUO, I have to agree: it's hard for this 55-year-old, who played CoX for years, to replace it with a console game. The keymapping is all wrong, and would be a bear to fix; I don't know that there even IS a way to set it up so that I can turn with keypresses, while using the mouse to interact and fire powers. (I was able to set up Guild Wars' and CO's controls very much like I had CoX's - the keyboard for movement, and the mouse for clicking what's on the screen). And in CoX, I mainly soloed, and could immerse myself in skulking through mission maps, sneaking up on groups of opponents, and planning tactics. DCUO feels more like an over-caffeinated, scream-and-leap style of play is required, and I'm just not Leeroy Jenkins. Plus, all of the "special effects", during battle, make it hard to tell how the fight's progressing, so that I can decide my next move.

I'm just not sure how much this old dog can adapt to this sort of thing.

Can we go home now?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:49:12 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Ironbull

• Minion
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 12:50:48 PM »
Global is iornbull2007  mostly on as Villian-  Victor Khane or Hero Iornbull  usually on around 9:00pm est.  Been solo most of the time I've been playing.  Just less than a year.  Just haven't found anyone from CoH yet.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »
I finally gave DCUO a try.

I don't care for the cut scenes.  They seem disjoint, as if they were edited down from even longer scenes.

At least it does NOT give me headaches like CO does.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:54:49 PM by saipaman »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »
Huh, I see that I could actually download it for my PS4 and give it a try... maybe I will.  Maybe.  If I do, I'll update in this topic. :D

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »
I really cannot stand DCU , I do not see the fun in clicking left mouse button 12 times, then click right mouse button 8 times, do a dance just to activate a power. Then do the whole thing again to keep attacking, it is a shame that Sony Online at the time ported this game from the console, instead of investing time into making a proper computer version.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 07:55:50 PM »
I have vowed to play the game at least as long as it took me to download it.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 02:22:39 AM »
Until the end of the month, DC Online is offering a free "level to Combat Rating 100" option for one toon. (Will be purchasable as well.)

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-new-advance-to-level-2017?cid=1069418

The main thing I noticed about that is that Jack Emmert has a cool Jay Garrick shirt.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »
I really cannot stand DCU , I do not see the fun in clicking left mouse button 12 times, then click right mouse button 8 times, do a dance just to activate a power. Then do the whole thing again to keep attacking, it is a shame that Sony Online at the time ported this game from the console, instead of investing time into making a proper computer version.
My brother and my nephew just downloaded it last night and tried it.   My brother is complaining pretty loud about having to memorize a bunch of left/right mouse clicks to use certain powers.   Is there no way to keymap those?

And does anyone know a reason why it would be impossible to create a new account?   I was going to join them, but was unable to create an account on my computer...my nephew's computer...or my brother's computer.   I changed everything about it....different screennames, different passwords, different birthdays, different emails.    My brother and my nephew even tried with their own versions and couldn't create another account for me.   Weirdest thing ever.   It's like the universe has decided I should not try another game.

AngelFireAKAL

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »
There is a lot of good things in DCUO. However I feel the only reason it has lasted so long is there really isnt much other Superhero MMO competition. The past year and a half I have put a lot of time and energy into this game.I 've currently called it quits. I couldnt continue to support a company that the devs dont fix the game problems and only continue to keep implementing systems that squeeze the money out of the players. To make it worst when people post in the forums criticizing the company and spelling out the issues the post "disappear."

ZeeHero

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 02:45:46 AM »
DCUO has superior combat to COH by far, and to CO by a decent amount, but everything else sucks.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 09:01:49 AM »
I wanted to like it but I hate "gear" games.

Give me XP debt, not damaged gear.

cmgangrel

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:04 PM »
I wanted to like it but I hate "gear" games.

Give me XP debt, not damaged gear.

See, I hated having my levelling process slowed down due to "bad luck". Whereas with Gear maintenance it is typically once every few hours that I have to repair up (unless I am on CDO mode, and must always be at max durability). But by that time, I have normally already returned to a hub to either sell stuff, hand in missions, take a break so doing the repair is a *very* quick diversion (as in less than a minute).

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 12:27:04 AM »
Tab targetting and hotbar abilities are slowly getting phased out. I didn't like it at first with dcuo and my small time in wildstar but black desert got it right. Getting rid of tab targetting alone really does allow you to do more with your character and makes abilities more realistic.

As far as dcuo goes my only real complaint with that game was that minions are often times more dangerous than bosses and some boss fights rely too heavily on dps racing and smashing healing barrels to survive them.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 12:31:19 AM »
See, I hated having my levelling process slowed down due to "bad luck". Whereas with Gear maintenance it is typically once every few hours that I have to repair up (unless I am on CDO mode, and must always be at max durability). But by that time, I have normally already returned to a hub to either sell stuff, hand in missions, take a break so doing the repair is a *very* quick diversion (as in less than a minute).

A lot depends on the placement of the repair locations.   Too far away, and repair time becomes quitting time for me.