Author Topic: Vanguard Lore Questions / Help  (Read 3846 times)

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Vanguard Lore Questions / Help
« on: July 11, 2013, 05:31:29 PM »
Was there a ranking system, like any other military, in Vanguard?

Basically, in my comic I have a Rikti mothership crash in the Atlantic ocean. A high ranking Vanguard officer leads a task force to secure the vessel. Since I am unsure if the UN/Vanguard has its own Navy fleet (why would they need it?), this task force is onboard US navel ships.

So in the story, this Vanguard officer leading the task force opens up communications with the ship and identifies himself. What rank would this person most likely have within Vanguard?

I do not want it to be any of the top tier NPC heads. This character is meant to be near the top in only one of the key vanguard fields. The character eventually gets turned into a villain of one of the JK members.

Also, which section of Vanguard would be most appropriate for this type of response? Shield, Gaunlet or sword?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:30:26 PM by Sin_Stalker »

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Re: Vanguard Lore Questions / Help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »
Is there a better area to ask about lore?

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
My guess would be here.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:04 PM »
At the very least there's ranger, eliminator, sergeant, magician, sword colonel, and sorceror, at least according to the wiki.

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
Check the Paragon wiki.  Hope this helps
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Vanguard

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
I did, thank you. I need more information though. Did they ever release the game lore bible?

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
I did, thank you. I need more information though. Did they ever release the game lore bible?

In a way, yes.

The original one from 2004 or so, I don't think it even mentions Vanguard, though.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
In a way, yes.

The original one from 2004 or so, I don't think it even mentions Vanguard, though.

I searched through the likely documents - it does, but not in any meaningful way beyond what the website's backstory did.

I do have to say I find it unlikely that a Vanguard task force would be identifying themselves to the Rikti - unless you meant Vanguard was ID'ing themselves to the US ship?

The Vanguard does seem to have its roots in being a group of heroes, though, and its major players are all heroes, so I suspect ranks didn't come about quite as formally as other organizations, which may be why Colonel and Sergeant are the only actual ranks from the wiki page. Perhaps they are all there are - the Vanguard just needed to note who leaders of squads / larger groups are, and doesn't care too much about other ranks?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame