Author Topic: Was CO made in the '70's?  (Read 2112 times)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Was CO made in the '70's?
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Seriously. Why else would all the NPC's in the cutscenes rollerskate? Reminds me of Goldmember everytime.

The first alert I did was the time machine one and the cyborg guys goes skating up the ramp. I thought, "Huh? He must have wheels in his metal leg....?".

Then all became apparent in the Red Winter alert. It's the late 70's-early '80's. Xanadu has just come out in theaters. Car Wash by Rose Royce is number one on the charts. Dwayne is saying "Hey..Hey...Hey" to Rerun on the tube. Boogie Fever has swept the planet.

That must be it.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: Was CO made in the '70's?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »
Seriously. Why else would all the NPC's in the cutscenes rollerskate? Reminds me of Goldmember everytime.

The first alert I did was the time machine one and the cyborg guys goes skating up the ramp. I thought, "Huh? He must have wheels in his metal leg....?".

Then all became apparent in the Red Winter alert. It's the late 70's-early '80's. Xanadu has just come out in theaters. Car Wash by Rose Royce is number one on the charts. Dwayne is saying "Hey..Hey...Hey" to Rerun on the tube. Boogie Fever has swept the planet.

That must be it.

I think in the early 80s

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
I think it's more like the 1960's with more advanced tech etc. Often reminds me of this tv show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKyGs-G6Sg

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
True. It is Batman-esque.

But, really.... why worry about fully voicing a cut scene only to not bother with animating the characters?
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:50:46 PM »
True. It is Batman-esque.

But, really.... why worry about fully voicing a cut scene only to not bother with animating the characters?

I believe it is a parody of the otherwise flawless and realistic functioning of the game.

Hmm. no.

It um.. adds character to the game!

Besides, really, can we qualify those as fully voiced scenes..? Cheap Executive Producer_001 says, "Hey Uncle Frank, can you sound Russian for some skate video..??"
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 12:56:55 AM »
Actually, I am thinking that the earlier the scene, the better the "acting". Hi-pan is great in the Defender mission (where he is very Lo-pan-ish) and not so good in the dragon alert thingy. Nighthawk (which I am guessing is newer) is horrible with his Christian Bale-ness and trying to make sending lackey heroes to do the dirty work while he gets evidence off of a computer is poor writing. I bet the newer ones are the devs and their friends doing the voices.