Author Topic: Fatal Error  (Read 15362 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Fatal Error
« on: July 19, 2013, 02:29:24 AM »
So... nice map.

Mission badly needs music.

The enemies felt tougher than the average Champion bad guy.

I was doing the mission on my Level 21 Force character and he's hardly specced to be awesome, but he did okay till I got to the Final Boss and wasn't able to put it
down after a about half an hour of trying. I suggest you duo it unless you have a high damage or high survivable build (or both).

The final boss has a pretty powerful hold and can spawn allies ... not just minions, but also villains. Since my Force has no heal of any kind I was pretty much toast.

I'm going to try it again on a 40, but I don't think it's a mission I'll do very often given the relatively pitiful rewards. 500 Q? Really?

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:25:04 AM »
I found that opening the door at the end and another at the opposite end of the hallway makes it possible to kite the boss at a lower risk.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 06:13:46 AM »
Oh I have to try this now..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
I'm going to try it again on a 40, but I don't think it's a mission I'll do very often given the relatively pitiful rewards. 500 Q? Really?

Is it 500Q, or will is it one of those Q boxes with a random amount? Isn't it still on the test server?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »
It's 500 Q... no box, just the Q.   I tore through it on a lvl24 toon -- until i hit the boss.  It took 2 tries (I realized on the second try I'd been running with my Aspect toggle off.. *headdesk*).  Fun mission for the most part and will find it's way into my daily Q rounds, but yeah... needs music or... something
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
I haven't had been on their test server, but the one for CoH didn't always have the polished product running. That's why I was asking if it still was on the PTS. I haven't logged into the game since Monday, so I don't know if it's live, yet. If your most relevant complaints with are issues with polish, I'd call it a good first effort from the good folks at Flying Cryptic. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:50:24 PM »
That's why I was asking if it still was on the PTS.

Ah! Reading comprehension fail on my part.  Sorry bout that... nope, this is live.  And don't get me wrong it is a great first effort.  Just a little well placed music would be awesome, but i'm good with the way it is.  And 500 Q is way more than fair for a single mission, considering i can count the number of times I got 700 Q from a Dockside Dustup on one hand; I'd say a solid 500 more than fair.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:34:05 PM by SARobb »
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »
Hmmm. The music thing seems like a pretty serious fail, from a creative standpoint. I do have to agree with you on the solid Q amount. I can't count how many times I've opened a box and only gotten 200, but I can count on one finger the number of times I've gotten 1500!  :roll:

That aside, if it's good content, then there is definite hope. The emote exploit seems to have been handled pretty well, too, though there is a bit more "It's not good enough!" whining on their forum than I find palatable. I'll give it a whirl, tonight. I ran the launcher last night, just to make sure I was patched up, so I may even get an early start. :)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »
I ran through the Fatal Error first mission with my eponymous level 40 Behemoth, so he had no problem with survivability. I was really enjoying the play session--entering Champions HQ, watching the cut scene with voice-acted Dr. Silverback, being digitized into the Tron-like landscape of Socrates' internal systems, and battling the computer virus manifestations--until the battles started to feel repetitious.

My approach was "defeat all" 'cuz, you know, you wanna get rid of all traces of a computer virus. But, defeating all red critters on the map got boring real quick, particularly for a Behemoth who has mainly single-target attacks. Being pretty much invulnerable, maybe he could have just run through the wandering mobs and completed the objectives; but, it was my first time through, and I didn't know how the mission worked, so I wanted to be thorough and not risk missing something.

The mission was a fun spectacle and pretty well rewarded, but I don't know if I'll feel compelled to repeat it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:31:23 PM by Todogut »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Actually, that's pretty helpful. My highest (lvl 23) is also a Behemoth, but my main impulse is "MOAR EX PEE!" As I tend to shun repetition, I'll try to curb the urge. :)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
I went through the mission on CO Blue Battler who's a level 40 Power Armor character (with a build a nice guy gave me i used as a template) and I did much better at it, but Dr. S only gave me some resources and I got the Q as ore.

It was much more satisfying on a more capable toon but I still think I could have gotten more Q doing the Nemesis missions for the same amount of time ... even at 200 a drop. :D

The main thing that mission has convinced me of is that I want to build a really high DPS toon in CO and I am not yet there in terms of knowing how to do so....

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 03:27:58 AM »
It should be noted you get more than just the questionite from it, you get a pile of resources plus a pretty reasonable chance at one of two costume pieces. I did it 5 times on all my 40s and ended up with two costumes, so the drop rate can't be too terrible. That or I got amazingly lucky.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 03:50:42 AM »
Were the costume pieces from drops from baddies or as a reward?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »
There was lots of red..

I was doing the defeat all thing, too, then at one point I realized ... why? So I did a run through to next door and waited for the mob of mobs to catch up with me so I could wipe them out and interact the door and .. promptly got pwnd. Not saying I won't try a run through again... but it was an eye opener! Wasn't expecting that. Didn't really have any special problems with the end boss or anything else, on Elite. Was playing my Unleashed.

The costume pieces are pretty distinct. Thinking those are boss mob drops? I bet they sell for a fortune if they're sellable. Like that Malvan shield from the Malvanium Forum event. That was a moneymaker.

As far as the Q reward goes... Can it be any easier to get Q lately?

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 08:46:41 AM »
The costume pieces are a reward, they come with the resources at the end of the mission. So by all means, continue ignoring mobs. From this mission there's two pieces, the SOCRATES Process Helmet and the SOCRATES Virus Helmet. Which are the ones the various mobs in the mission wear.

If you were curious, the other SOCRATES costume pieces currently available (Shoulders, chestpiece, belt, bracers and boots) are all from the current lockbox, much to the annoyance of everyone ever.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to run through, last night. My highest toon wasn't as high as I thought, so I was trying to get one more level, since he is close, but my Friday night friends decided to run Borderlands. Maybe I can get in, tonight.

So, really, though, what I'm seeing here is a lot of complaints about or defenses for the rewards and not a lot bout the actual content. I take that as a good sign. As a first major outing from the new dev team, if the actual content were crap, it would be much more of a focus of discussion. This is holding true, for the most part, on the official forum, as well. There is some griping that it's quest-based rather than open world, and that portions of it may or may not be permanent, but the content seems to be good enough to pass muster.

WTG, Flying Cryptic!

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »
Honestly I found the content itself pretty lacking. The mechanics of the entire level are obsessed with respawning enemies, and there are only really two models with slight variations. The dialogue given to the Champions was pretty bad, but that isn't entirely new. From what I've heard you're better off muting to not hear the voice acting, but that seems to be universally acknowledged as well!

Pretty disappointing, but at least I got some Q.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »
I did Fatal Error on another 40 of mine. I think I only have two that can probably solo this mission. Neither one of them got any costume pieces. >.>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 11:57:51 PM »
Honestly I found the content itself pretty lacking. The mechanics of the entire level are obsessed with respawning enemies, and there are only really two models with slight variations. The dialogue given to the Champions was pretty bad, but that isn't entirely new. From what I've heard you're better off muting to not hear the voice acting, but that seems to be universally acknowledged as well!

Pretty disappointing, but at least I got some Q.

Really, the bad voice acting is just expected these days. It's there in all Cryptic's games. Also, the respawning enemies are only in the last room - the ones that appear out of nowhere before that are just stealthed, if you have high enough intellligence and/or a perception boosing utility item you can see them before they attack you. And honestly that last room would be pretty boring without the enemies since then it'd just be a slog of blowing up a pile of inanimate objects.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 12:01:57 AM »
Really, the bad voice acting is just expected these days. It's there in all Cryptic's games. Also, the respawning enemies are only in the last room - the ones that appear out of nowhere before that are just stealthed, if you have high enough intellligence and/or a perception boosing utility item you can see them before they attack you. And honestly that last room would be pretty boring without the enemies since then it'd just be a slog of blowing up a pile of inanimate objects.

Ah ha! That explains something for me. :D

When I did that last night on Blue Battler he could see the digital spider before it was fully available. I didn't see it on the other two toons I did the mission with.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 04:10:04 AM »
That one I think is actually visible, but you have to be paying attention. Before it starts attacking and becomes targetable it has this sort of transparent effect where you can see a slightly distorted version of the wall behind it by looking through it. I don't think it's actual stealth, but it could be.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
That one I think is actually visible, but you have to be paying attention. Before it starts attacking and becomes targetable it has this sort of transparent effect where you can see a slightly distorted version of the wall behind it by looking through it. I don't think it's actual stealth, but it could be.

You might be right but I was looking for it the third time I did the mission and didn't see it.  :D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »
Did Fatal Error again on the toon that saw the spider materializing and he saw it before it was assembled again. It could just be the random luck of the draw, but I'm starting to wonder if it's hidden someway unless you have the stats to see it.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 03:31:20 AM »
You might be right but I was looking for it the third time I did the mission and didn't see it.  :D

Actually you're right, I did it last night on a character with no intelligence or perception gear and couldn't see it anywhere. So it probably is a stealth effect of some sort, just like the hidden processes earlier in the mission.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »
It's a pretty cool mission. The text dialogue was worth a couple of smiles and I thought the voice acting for Silverback and SOC was well done.

I've had to team for it on my mains, but my Lv14 can speed-solo it (prolly except for that double Backdoor/Malicious combo) with Regen, Ooze Tunnelling, and Quicksand.

Also! Aside from the costume helmets... no one mentioned the Action Figure? It's modelled off the Malicious Process virus enemy. Binds on get, though.

PS: I've seen Hidden Processes become temporarily visible during the cutscene after Defender's terminal.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
I could use more environment to work with - corners to duck behind, and a lil less red. It's a pretty short mish without a lot to it but it's the first in an arc so maybe they get more involved as it goes on. It did seem like they made an effort to improve the voice acting and although Dr. S sounded like he couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted to have a Worf or Picard accent he was likeable.

Still thinking those costume pieces must be valuable but forgot to check the AH and haven't heard any auctioned yet.

Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
It was a pretty good mish. Interesting, different, except the last boss which fight seemed to consist of a bag of hp and hold and knockback. Maybe the next boss in the series will be a little bit more interesting fight. But overall, very good stuff.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
My favorite part when doing the first run was the thing with Defender. During the interaction with him at the console the first thing that popped into my head was "caps lock, dude!" and then there is a comment about caps lock.. So that made me laugh.

They of course... borrowed the atmosphere from Tron. There's a lot of .. homaging in CO
Some Faves:

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »
My favorite part when doing the first run was the thing with Defender. During the interaction with him at the console the first thing that popped into my head was "caps lock, dude!" and then there is a comment about caps lock.. So that made me laugh.

They of course... borrowed the atmosphere from Tron. There's a lot of .. homaging in CO
That was Ironclad's section!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »
Oops thanks  : )
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
Another run. Another lack of costume pieces. I could possibly do this mission twice a day (I have one other toon that could successfully complete the misison-- and maybe another-- but I just don't like the mission enough to do it more than once a day.)

Oh well. At least I'm earning some Q. :D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »

Yeah? Never seen Tron, heard of it but don't know what it look like or is about. If it is like that mission's setting I might just go check it out.

What is the drop rate for the costume pieces. If it's like many of the "Wanted" costume pieces, the drop rate is probably low. Probably easier to buy it on the AH market.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:25 AM »
Yeah? Never seen Tron, heard of it but don't know what it look like or is about. If it is like that mission's setting I might just go check it out.

What is the drop rate for the costume pieces. If it's like many of the "Wanted" costume pieces, the drop rate is probably low. Probably easier to buy it on the AH market.

Yeah. I'll probably wind up having to buy them but while the event's running I'll try to win them. The biggest thing I wanted but didn't have was Flag Speed, and that took almost a year for me. So I can afford to be patient. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:15 AM »

Naw you're jokin' me! Either that or I'm gonna have to see your geek/nerd card, sir. If you're not just kidding me, sure, it's worthy of checking out.

We should start a homaging thread and see how many we can pick out. We'd probly run into the forum limitation for replies. One of the first ones I noticed was ... a Defender mish in Canada.. Whiteout? Reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Run-through is definitely the way to go with this one as long as you can survive interacting with the door to the next area(s). Not only is it quicker, it has the tendency to spice things up hehe. A halfway decent group should have np to do run-throughs. I got the helm today.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »
Naw you're jokin' me! Either that or I'm gonna have to see your geek/nerd card, sir. If you're not just kidding me, sure, it's worthy of checking out.

We should start a homaging thread and see how many we can pick out. We'd probly run into the forum limitation for replies. One of the first ones I noticed was ... a Defender mish in Canada.. Whiteout? Reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Run-through is definitely the way to go with this one as long as you can survive interacting with the door to the next area(s). Not only is it quicker, it has the tendency to spice things up hehe. A halfway decent group should have np to do run-throughs. I got the helm today.
nope not joking. never had a geek/nerd card. Don't know enough about geek/nerd culture to qualify. I applied and they said today is my lucky day. All I had to do was to answer this one question and they will give me a card. They asked me what show is Dr. Spock from. I didn't know at the time and they immediately shredded my application and pointed to the door signaling me to leave immediately.

But reading up on Tron as of now as we text.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 02:26:24 AM »
nope not joking. never had a geek/nerd card.

You should have had one issued when playing CoH! CO...? If you know anything about the lore or game mechanics of either of these you should've gotten at least a couple of merit badges too.

Someone else can explain the significance of Tron better than me but it is a part of our heritage as gamers and nerds and geeks and worth checking out.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 03:22:29 AM »
All the coolest stories are in the sourcebooks :/

Did you know that the 75th page of Champions 6th Edition Solo Villains gives away the villain who planted the virus?
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 07:41:11 AM »

I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you'll end up with every mission in the game on that list.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you'll end up with every mission in the game on that list.

*gasp* Are you suggesting that Cryptic writers lack originality?  ;D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »
*gasp* Are you suggesting that Cryptic writers lack originality?  ;D

I think he's probably right. I see a lot of homaging in game and I probly don't catch half of it.

Someone learned about Tron via Fatal Alert so it can't be all bad.
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
It's not so much that they lack originality, it's that they insist on making everything a reference to something else rather than letting it stand on its own. The odd one here and there is fine, but almost every mission in the game being a callout to some other thing is a bit over the top.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
Yeah, that's partly why I stopped watching Family Guy. I was being facetious, before, but I do feel a little overloaded by it. And I've only gotten to the low 20s and haven't done any alerts, yet.

I would estimate I've only seen about a quarter of the content. I can see places where the "homages" would be a bit less heavy-handed, but it's still a bit tiresome.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 10:24:44 PM »
I think he's probably right. I see a lot of homaging in game and I probly don't catch half of it.

Someone learned about Tron via Fatal Alert so it can't be all bad.
and that is probably why I think the content is relatively good. I probably come across hundreds of homages in that game a day and 99.99999% go over my head as I have no idea about 99% of comic lore, didnt even know the game existed in PnP until one day in game asking about Grond, and tell you the truth didnt even know what a PnP game was until a few ours prior to that. It's all new to me. Beyond the basic Wolverine, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, and knowing about the mere existence of others, I have no idea if the Purple Gang and other stuff is homage to something else or entirely new. Recently heard whisper that Viper is homage to some GI Joe villain group or something.

If it wasn't for, as I stated earlier, that Fatal Error, I wouldn't have even heard of Tron, which I just recently purchased two days ago and during that purchase, realized it was based off and or tied to a movie of Tron in the 80s, and thinking about picking that one up too.

But on the flip side, kind of how I view movies now and days. Everything seems based off a book a sequel a remake or comic. So I can understand how too many homages for person can be tiring. It's like how I find it tiring that there don't seem to be too many original idea movies coming out or have been made lately. It's like they ran out of spit (ideas)...or white powder. 

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2013, 12:04:52 AM »
I introduced my son to Tron in the run-up to the release of Tron: Legacy. He actually liked the first one more than the second. Personally, I thought each was excellent in its time, though I was glad to see the old one still holds up.

The odd thing, Jaggy, is that the bulk of the references I notice aren't even to comics. The Lost mission in Canada. The The Thing missions in the Whiteout storyline, with a little Stargate SG-1 thrown in to spice things up. The Big trouble in Little China references throughout West Side. It's not like watching Spaced, where you can watch it over and over, and still miss some of the references. CO hits you with them like so many baseball bats (or cricket bats, or polo mallets, or hockey sticks, or what have you).

And, if you haven't seen Spaced and like the "Blood and Ice Cream" movies (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the forthcoming The World's End), you'll love this! :)

[/tangent]

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2013, 12:14:38 AM »
I introduced my son to Tron in the run-up to the release of Tron: Legacy. He actually liked the first one more than the second. Personally, I thought each was excellent in its time, though I was glad to see the old one still holds up.

The odd thing, Jaggy, is that the bulk of the references I notice aren't even to comics. The Lost mission in Canada. The The Thing missions in the Whiteout storyline, with a little Stargate SG-1 thrown in to spice things up. The Big trouble in Little China references throughout West Side. It's not like watching Spaced, where you can watch it over and over, and still miss some of the references. CO hits you with them like so many baseball bats (or cricket bats, or polo mallets, or hockey sticks, or what have you).

And, if you haven't seen Spaced and like the "Blood and Ice Cream" movies (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and the forthcoming The World's End), you'll love this! :)

[/tangent]

yeah the Thing and Big Trouble in Little China reference I got and found hilarious. I liked Shaun of the Dead may have to check out that Spaced thing. Is it a British comedy? I love British Comedy.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2013, 04:15:29 AM »
The second mission is now available on PTS for subscribers.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2013, 05:33:12 AM »
How about the mish "Sharks with frickin' laser beams"! Now where did that come from..

I'm tellin ya, this topic deserves it's own thread. Or we could do the short version. "Content in CO unrelated to pop culture." A Cricket would live there.

I've gone through stages in my reaction to homaging in game. The first was, "I feel like I went to high school with whoever has a heavy hand in content here.." The second was the tiresome/over-the top stage. "Come on guys, think of something on your own!" And now I'm just used to it. Like villains skating away in cutscenes and the voice acting that generally doesn't fit.

I'm in it for the gameplay. The cool stuff I can do, you can do, we can do, what it looks like and how far we can push it. I'd rather see them fix athletics than all of the voice acting and cutscenes combined and the athletics bugs aren't that important to me either. If my connection gets screwed up again I'll be pretty unhappy though. 

Hey I learned something about Tron too.. There is a sequel...? hehe. That's cool that Viper is a takeoff of G.I. Joe's Cobra. They remind me of Nemesis for some reason.

The Purple Gang is the first content I can remember thinking, "Ah, a CO original. That's kinda cool. They wear purple suits and are a gang. The Purple Gang." Don't burst my bubble and tell me that was borrowed too!  : )
Some Faves:

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2013, 05:48:23 AM »
As far as I know - the Purple Gang is actually a bit of original lore from the books. If that was inspired by something else, I don't know about it.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »
As far as I know - the Purple Gang is actually a bit of original lore from the books. If that was inspired by something else, I don't know about it.

The Purple Gang is from actual Detroit history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Purple_Gang

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »

Oddly, I originally thought the Purple Gang was just a "not the Capo" group. I haven't looked up anything in the game on my own, but the links folks have provided have somewhat changed my view of the game in the way real aspects of Detroit were used in creating Millennium City. Maybe this was something that was done when Hero Games lost the rights to the original hero group (I think it was called the Guardians) and had to create the Champions. I have a few source books from the early 90s, but it all still predates current team.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

This information produced an audible LOL.
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »

Still no costume pieces but I did get an action figure. I didn't even know that Fatal Error HAD action figures.  ;D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
I never seen the costume piece drop and didn't know or realized I had the helmet until I started a new character. Will check for more pieces.
Only ran it once so far.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2013, 12:55:23 AM »
Today I got one the Socrates helmet so I am happy.  ;D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »
And today I picked up the other helmet. :D

Now if I could just get the rest of the costume pieces from the lockbox I'd be happy. :D

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »
Trailturtle will be streaming the next part of this mission arc on Thursday. It will be on Twitch.
Spess

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 11:42:37 PM »
yeah? I look forward to the next part.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 03:46:29 AM »
Hey that reminds me.. How long's part 1 gonna be around? Is this arc gonna be perma?
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 04:06:12 AM »
Hey that reminds me.. How long's part 1 gonna be around? Is this arc gonna be perma?

It will stay.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »
Good deal. No rush to get the costume pieces. Although.. Had I sold the first helm I got I woulda got a better price than when the arc isn't new anymore. I'm selling my first pieces from now on to get the premium price.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
Tomorrow is the release of part 2, unless something explodes.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 01:52:32 AM »
That was a welcome lol  : )
Some Faves: