Author Topic: Fatal Error  (Read 15356 times)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 04:10:04 AM »
That one I think is actually visible, but you have to be paying attention. Before it starts attacking and becomes targetable it has this sort of transparent effect where you can see a slightly distorted version of the wall behind it by looking through it. I don't think it's actual stealth, but it could be.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »
That one I think is actually visible, but you have to be paying attention. Before it starts attacking and becomes targetable it has this sort of transparent effect where you can see a slightly distorted version of the wall behind it by looking through it. I don't think it's actual stealth, but it could be.

You might be right but I was looking for it the third time I did the mission and didn't see it.  :D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 12:16:57 AM »
Did Fatal Error again on the toon that saw the spider materializing and he saw it before it was assembled again. It could just be the random luck of the draw, but I'm starting to wonder if it's hidden someway unless you have the stats to see it.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 03:31:20 AM »
You might be right but I was looking for it the third time I did the mission and didn't see it.  :D

Actually you're right, I did it last night on a character with no intelligence or perception gear and couldn't see it anywhere. So it probably is a stealth effect of some sort, just like the hidden processes earlier in the mission.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »
It's a pretty cool mission. The text dialogue was worth a couple of smiles and I thought the voice acting for Silverback and SOC was well done.

I've had to team for it on my mains, but my Lv14 can speed-solo it (prolly except for that double Backdoor/Malicious combo) with Regen, Ooze Tunnelling, and Quicksand.

Also! Aside from the costume helmets... no one mentioned the Action Figure? It's modelled off the Malicious Process virus enemy. Binds on get, though.

PS: I've seen Hidden Processes become temporarily visible during the cutscene after Defender's terminal.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
I could use more environment to work with - corners to duck behind, and a lil less red. It's a pretty short mish without a lot to it but it's the first in an arc so maybe they get more involved as it goes on. It did seem like they made an effort to improve the voice acting and although Dr. S sounded like he couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted to have a Worf or Picard accent he was likeable.

Still thinking those costume pieces must be valuable but forgot to check the AH and haven't heard any auctioned yet.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
It was a pretty good mish. Interesting, different, except the last boss which fight seemed to consist of a bag of hp and hold and knockback. Maybe the next boss in the series will be a little bit more interesting fight. But overall, very good stuff.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
My favorite part when doing the first run was the thing with Defender. During the interaction with him at the console the first thing that popped into my head was "caps lock, dude!" and then there is a comment about caps lock.. So that made me laugh.

They of course... borrowed the atmosphere from Tron. There's a lot of .. homaging in CO
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »
My favorite part when doing the first run was the thing with Defender. During the interaction with him at the console the first thing that popped into my head was "caps lock, dude!" and then there is a comment about caps lock.. So that made me laugh.

They of course... borrowed the atmosphere from Tron. There's a lot of .. homaging in CO
That was Ironclad's section!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »
Oops thanks  : )
Some Faves:

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
Another run. Another lack of costume pieces. I could possibly do this mission twice a day (I have one other toon that could successfully complete the misison-- and maybe another-- but I just don't like the mission enough to do it more than once a day.)

Oh well. At least I'm earning some Q. :D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »

Yeah? Never seen Tron, heard of it but don't know what it look like or is about. If it is like that mission's setting I might just go check it out.

What is the drop rate for the costume pieces. If it's like many of the "Wanted" costume pieces, the drop rate is probably low. Probably easier to buy it on the AH market.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:25 AM »
Yeah? Never seen Tron, heard of it but don't know what it look like or is about. If it is like that mission's setting I might just go check it out.

What is the drop rate for the costume pieces. If it's like many of the "Wanted" costume pieces, the drop rate is probably low. Probably easier to buy it on the AH market.

Yeah. I'll probably wind up having to buy them but while the event's running I'll try to win them. The biggest thing I wanted but didn't have was Flag Speed, and that took almost a year for me. So I can afford to be patient. :D

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:15 AM »

Naw you're jokin' me! Either that or I'm gonna have to see your geek/nerd card, sir. If you're not just kidding me, sure, it's worthy of checking out.

We should start a homaging thread and see how many we can pick out. We'd probly run into the forum limitation for replies. One of the first ones I noticed was ... a Defender mish in Canada.. Whiteout? Reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Run-through is definitely the way to go with this one as long as you can survive interacting with the door to the next area(s). Not only is it quicker, it has the tendency to spice things up hehe. A halfway decent group should have np to do run-throughs. I got the helm today.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »
Naw you're jokin' me! Either that or I'm gonna have to see your geek/nerd card, sir. If you're not just kidding me, sure, it's worthy of checking out.

We should start a homaging thread and see how many we can pick out. We'd probly run into the forum limitation for replies. One of the first ones I noticed was ... a Defender mish in Canada.. Whiteout? Reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Run-through is definitely the way to go with this one as long as you can survive interacting with the door to the next area(s). Not only is it quicker, it has the tendency to spice things up hehe. A halfway decent group should have np to do run-throughs. I got the helm today.
nope not joking. never had a geek/nerd card. Don't know enough about geek/nerd culture to qualify. I applied and they said today is my lucky day. All I had to do was to answer this one question and they will give me a card. They asked me what show is Dr. Spock from. I didn't know at the time and they immediately shredded my application and pointed to the door signaling me to leave immediately.

But reading up on Tron as of now as we text.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 02:26:24 AM »
nope not joking. never had a geek/nerd card.

You should have had one issued when playing CoH! CO...? If you know anything about the lore or game mechanics of either of these you should've gotten at least a couple of merit badges too.

Someone else can explain the significance of Tron better than me but it is a part of our heritage as gamers and nerds and geeks and worth checking out.
Some Faves:

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 03:22:29 AM »
All the coolest stories are in the sourcebooks :/

Did you know that the 75th page of Champions 6th Edition Solo Villains gives away the villain who planted the virus?
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 07:41:11 AM »

I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you'll end up with every mission in the game on that list.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you'll end up with every mission in the game on that list.

*gasp* Are you suggesting that Cryptic writers lack originality?  ;D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 05:43:04 AM »
*gasp* Are you suggesting that Cryptic writers lack originality?  ;D

I think he's probably right. I see a lot of homaging in game and I probly don't catch half of it.

Someone learned about Tron via Fatal Alert so it can't be all bad.
Some Faves: