Author Topic: Arc?  (Read 2395 times)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Arc?
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:58:56 PM »
I know I unsubscribed from the game months ago.  I know I haven't been its biggest fan.  But the urge to play CO a little more has been hitting me lately.

But there's this new "Arc" thing.  That wasn't there when I quit.  Is it required to play?  I had enough trouble juryrigging CO to work on a Mac laptop when it was just the game, so if Arc is required to be running, too, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it running again.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
Re: Arc?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:01:28 PM »
I am running in a wrapper, too. I haven't seen a difference. Same old disconnecting goodness. Honestly though, I have been playing STO lately and slacking on my CO account.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »
Spess

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »
I know I unsubscribed from the game months ago.  I know I haven't been its biggest fan.  But the urge to play CO a little more has been hitting me lately.

But there's this new "Arc" thing.  That wasn't there when I quit.  Is it required to play?  I had enough trouble juryrigging CO to work on a Mac laptop when it was just the game, so if Arc is required to be running, too, I'm not sure I'll be able to get it running again.

after restting my computer after a huge error with trying to get Icon to work, it seems from what I got on the CO Forum it's only good when downloading. After that, it's not needed. I just deleted it and no problems or noticeable difference since. Seems it is not needed to play or use after downloading.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:14:09 AM »
Which is to say, grab the launcher from the link above and download through that instead to save yourself the hassle.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
Oh, that is perfect.  Thank you.