Author Topic: Carrier Wave: Now Live!  (Read 2629 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Carrier Wave: Now Live!
« on: August 01, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »
Source

Quote from: trailturtle
Part 2 of the FATAL ERR0R story arc is now live! Earn a new costume piece, titles, action figures and more in the second mission: Carrier Wave!

Learn more in the blog post!

Spess

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Carrier Wave: Now Live!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »
I was REALLY impressed with Carrier Wave.

The cutscene at the beginning is very well done.

There's music in this mission. It's not the best music in Champions, but they at least put some in it.

I'd seen the outside of Cyberlord's ship before, but this was the first time I had ever seen the interior. And from what I've heard, that instance is a whole new map.

And the map itself looks very nice IMO. Well designed. With some nice built in animations.

If this is work done by Cryptic North, I am feeling hopeful about the future of the game.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:38:55 AM »
I enjoyed playing Fatal Error part two even more than part one. The combats were straightforward for my level 40 behemoth, so I could soak in the setting and story progression. Well done, Cryptic!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:16:25 AM »
Cyber-LARD ftw!

He's excellent.

Read here before playing and was hyped but at the same time kinda dreading nice, but long and unskippable cutscenes, like with Hi-Pan. These were short and sweet.

Oh hey, and I got the feet.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
I enjoyed it. Once the team gets large enough, not even Elite mode can pose a challenge.

I hope they are encouraged to challenge us with harder encounters.
Spess

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 05:51:36 PM »
It was easy for my characters so far, though I forgot to play it with the music on.  That said I was impressed that it wasn't overloaded with to many cutscenes.  I did feel the ending cutscene was "ok thats a script kiddie, not a hacker", but that was due to my being a realism stickler and my security classes lol.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
Played on elite without a team with an Unleashed and it felt a lil easy to me too but kinda like Todo says, there was enough candy in it to make up for that to me. Lil bit of variety. The Cyber-LARD cutscene was enough to make it for me hehe. The voice and video, both, for Cyberlord in that was highly entertaining on the first run. I'm generally not a big cutscene fan either due to many being unskippable.

Was part 1 always 2 players recommended? Noticed that last night and I didn't remember noticing before. For me, the main thing that adds to the difficulty in part 1 is the lack of geography to work with. Some people (shields..I have to try my Mind..) just run right through part 1.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:43:58 AM »
Yes, part 1 was always two people recommended.

Anyway, having finally got in game to play this one (Nothing to do with the game for once, my graphics card died and the replacement arrived today), I can't help but love Cyberlord's voice. He sounds almost exactly like Lugnut from Transformers Animated, which is awesome. So much so that I was actually expecting him to use the aforementioned character's trademark Punch Of Kill Everything at some point in the fight. Was kinda disappointed when he didn't.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
His animation is great too!
Some Faves: