Author Topic: Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)  (Read 101133 times)

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
Re: Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »
Thanks batqueen and everyone involved, for the constant work on this and updates.

I'll admit it was terrible spawning the NPCs one by one and all that.

EDIT: Just saw this in the OP "Updated: 7/5/13  1:47 pm pacific time"

Shouldn't it be 8/5/13!?

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2013, 06:01:13 PM »
 :o crap, and yes. If I could count, I'd be truly dangerous. as it is, not much of a threat.  ;)

@ FatherXmas  Thanks for the correction, I admit, I haven't seen many helicopters since my son stopped watching GI Joe many, many years ago!

@Codewalker  So that's where that little devil is! thank you
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:36:47 PM by batqueen »

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:54 PM »
Batqueen and helpers: that's an awful lot o' work y'all done right there. Wow and thank you for making this available!
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
A bombing attack, looks like a rikti raid except-

if you watch the bombs as they fall, they're old style bombs. In objects, categories, bombs.

That bomb looks like the ones the Sky Raider Sky Skiffs shoot at you.  Of course, usually it's coming in at an angle.

I'm been looking over my old screenshots.  I thought I might have lost a folder, but I finally found a screenshot from back in 2004 where I was messing with the Sky Skiffs in TV.

Man, my monitor was dinky back then.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »
Oooh! Spiftastic! This'll make it much more fun to putz around in Icon. :D

And, at the risk of sounding stupid (seems I risk that a lot these days), may I ask what MFH stands for? I don't get to check in here as often as I'd like and that's a foreign one to me as yet.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2013, 12:41:52 AM »
@ SerialBeggar ,

wow, look at 'em come in! That's definitely the type of bomb, all right. They land sideways now though, and you have to be fast to see them.  Really nice pic!

@  JKPhage,

From the first page of the post, in the description,

this is the Big NPC Menu. or as it has become known to me, the NPC MFH (menu from hell).

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2013, 02:23:25 AM »
Big NPC Menu (or, the MFH)

. . . .<Snip!>
How To Use

download from link above, and place in your Coh folder, in \data\texts\English\menus
and then, type /popmenu npc in the chat window, and press enter

or, you can bind to a key of your choice, using ( bind 'keyname' popmenu npc ) and at the press of a button, all the mobs and objects will be yours to use and abuse as you see fit.
and don't forget to add ( bind_save ) when you are done, so it saves your keybind. the next time you load keybinds, it will still be there.

tip- you might want to start with your pointer over in the upper left hand corner of your screen, sometimes menus do go on a bit.
signing off.

<Snip!>. . .

It took me a long time and many re-reads to find that! Perhaps for the brain impaired among us like me, that should be the opening paragraph of this thread.

Thank you for the wonderful tool, along with the Popmenu Maps it makes revisiting the old CoX ghost towns much more fun!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2013, 02:31:45 AM »
Thank you for your suggestion, very good point, and it has been added to top of the post, where it's much easier to find.   :)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
...never could find the darn thing, or even a pic on the wiki telling me what I was looking for.

Looks like Codewalker got you the actual model, but I was able to find a pic on the Wiki: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:Three_Jaguars.jpg Right now none of the "Notable NPCs" from the Night Ward have their own pages, or even a redirect to something else, so nothing links to that pic on the Wiki, which is probably why it was hard to find. I ended up searching for Whispering Coyote, which led me to the category page for that image: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Praetorian_Mission_NPC_Images . Many of those pictures don't have articles about their subject - seems like that ought to change...

Also: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:Githredeon_and_Three_Jaguars.jpg

Edit: I just found an interesting page on the Wiki: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Dr._Aeon_%28Clone%29 Apparently, Dr. Aeon can create clones of himself, and "some clones have alternate (and amusing) looks." Any chance those "amusing" clones are available in the Menu?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:29:03 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2013, 07:54:48 PM »
thanks for the info on Three Jaguars!

I ran into those same problems with the wiki, a Lot of information out there! but then, I got spoiled, and when the pages ran dry of info, it got a lot harder. The only Dr Aeon models I know of besides the main, is the Dr Echo models, in NPCs part 2- and I'm pretty sure those are not what you're looking for. Those are Dr Aeon at different ages, not wacky models. Without pics from the wiki to confirm found models, there is no way to tell if some of the npc models, whether in the menu or still on the list are actually Dr clones.   :(  I'm going to take another look, and see if I can spot something suspicious,  I already found out that I left out the Behemoths, giant devil guys.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
I'm not listing the versions with rings at her feet for simplicity.
[so many models!]

This is why cleaning up her Wiki pages was terrible. What happens in the trial when she gets possessed by Mother Mayhem? I don't think the Wiki has any pictures or references to that happening. I certainly hadn't seen that model before.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
I was reading the wiki, trying to get clues as to what happened, I saw references to Mother Yin in the models, and expected the model to have gray hair- oh, her mother is in this story! that conclusion that I made was waayy wrong. Without Phaetan's help, I would've really had trouble classifying all those models.
"what the hell, devs? did you really need 57 different models of Penny Yin? Give me a break here! :o"
[Conversation between me and the wiki, exaggerations may be involved]

I, too, would like to see more work on the wiki continued. Unfortunately, I am not a good source for what happened when. It also says something that a game that is supposedly gone for good is still this active, and work on the wiki still matters.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
I've been trying to recall the precise details of the MoM trial, but it's been too long and it's gotten a bit fuzzy.  It doesn't help that it was a very busy iTrial, with frequent scene changes and enough Giant Monsters to flatten Tokyo.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2013, 11:49:08 PM »
I certainly hadn't seen that model before.
Are you talking about Bad Penny?   That's not an incarnation of Penny Yin.   He's a Rogue Isles villain.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
Yeah, I threw him in there to make the scene a dime.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
 ;D yeah,  that's not penny yin.  just copper colored fun.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »
"what the hell, devs? did you really need 57 different models of Penny Yin? Give me a break here! :o"

And the first one with her in the hat and t-shirt is still the best outfit in the group.

Apparently the horrible fashion disaster of her red-and-white-with-all-the-belts outfit came after her Praetorian counterpart (the giant purple and black one).  Personally, I blame the Primal Penny's questionable fashion choice on her maternal genetics.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »
Yeah, I threw him in there to make the scene a dime.
I'm slow sometimes.  :D

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2013, 04:13:24 PM »
Are you talking about Bad Penny?   That's not an incarnation of Penny Yin.   He's a Rogue Isles villain.

I meant the one that looks like Mother Mayhem.

And I have to say I did enjoy the addition of Bad Penny to round out the dime. Made me chuckle.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2013, 05:48:18 AM »
Hope I can get this to you before you re-upload the Icon 1.71 version.

Two things I caught- on the option for Dillo, you need a space between "spawn_npc" and "Dillo" and you didn't put in the name Fireball (one of the Animus) after its model name.  They're really minor fixes, so they can wait if you don't see this in time. :)
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber