Author Topic: Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)  (Read 100647 times)

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
Big NPC Menu (or, the MFH)

download NPC Menu for Icon 1.71 here:

https://app.box.com/s/y4v3ofnfcwv3vifrn6ja

download Time Menu for Icon 1.71 here:

https://app.box.com/s/0xj6i4fkk64sbi2afd6n

NPC Menu updated 9/16/13

How To Use

download from link above, and place in your Coh folder, in \data\texts\English\menus
and then, type /popmenu npc in the chat window, and press enter

or, you can bind to a key of your choice, using ( bind 'keyname' popmenu npc ) and at the press of a button, all the mobs and objects will be yours to use and abuse as you see fit.
and don't forget to add ( bind_save ) when you are done, so it saves your keybind. the next time you load keybinds, it will still be there.

tip- you might want to start with your pointer over in the upper left hand corner of your screen, sometimes menus do go on a bit.

this is the Big NPC Menu. or as it has become known to me, the NPC MFH (menu from hell).

I made this for myself as an accessory to Icon, and I use it every time I go ingame.

I finally decided it's done enough to share with others.

This is made with references from the Coh codex, the Paragon wiki, and the 8 thousand item long list of npcs on google docs. I know it's not "everything", but I did what I could short of insanity. (i think)

This is for picture takers, film makers, or if you just want an inpromtu boombox dance party in the Atlas Park of your choice.

npc models and costume set models make good "other players" many times, there are a lot of npcs I just didnt happen to run across ingame, so they're new to me, and I use em.

Basic structure of the menu-   when you first open it, you'll find:

A basic starting list. Every line where there is an arrow, it opens up more.

And as you open it up, you'll find things like:

Mobs were so long, they had to be broken down into 2 lists.

and in Pets, Masterminds, you can see how things are always arranged.

Generally, a mob list will  start with the smallest critters and work their way down to the big bosses, giant monsters, and various npcs.

The hierarchy of a list.

and don't forget objects as well as npcs- it considers many objects to be npcs as well

some are in groups when theres many items of a type, and some are single objects.

Some really are just effects, like the alarm. Remember the blaring lights and sound inside a bank of jewelry store? it's right here, in the single objects (part 1).

The alarm, just dropped on a counter. The light flashes, and it's noisy.

you have no idea how loud this is right now- unless you've done bank mishes, of course. Then you're already covering your ears.

Combine NPCs and Objects..
You can add citizens, cars and a blimp to the street, add some walkcycle emotes, and its a much more normal looking day.

cars turn on headlights at night, and they make car sounds, which is nice.

and so do tanks, aiming spotlights up at giant monsters. Tank are in Vehicles, Military.

Here is a simple shot of a tank with it's lights on, at night. The tank is on the right, in case you're distracted.
And yes, there is a section called "Fires" in objects, in case you , too, feel the need to light up a few trees.

and speaking of monsters, they can be found each in their appropriate section, and then AGAIN in giant monsters list at bottom, in case you just want a giant monster tea party- who wants to spend time looking up just the giant monsters? I don't.

How To Use

download from link above, and place in your Coh folder, in \data\texts\English\menus
and then, type /popmenu npc in the chat window, and press enter

or, you can bind to a key of your choice, using ( bind 'keyname' popmenu npc ) and at the press of a button, all the mobs and objects will be yours to use and abuse as you see fit.
and don't forget to add ( bind_save ) when you are done, so it saves your keybind. the next time you load keybinds, it will still be there.

tip- you might want to start with your pointer over in the upper left hand corner of your screen, sometimes menus do go on a bit.

they'll still work if you don't, but can be harder to see.

I know there are many things missing, but I don't know what exactly. at this point, I'm blind from several weeks working on it and testing.

if there is something missing you can't live without, ask and i will try to fix it.

if you find a problem, ask and I will try to fix it.

I'm not making films, but i use it to dress up an area I'm playing in, like Croatoa or Halloween, or the Ski Chalet.  I already have a server for another game, DAoC, and I'm ok with making up my own stories and changing everything to suit myself. In fact by this point, I almost expect it.

and then there are the tea partys. Huge, huge tea partys.

so, play around with it, rewrite it if you want, ask for help if you want it, and have fun. once again, thanks to the Mighty Codewalker who made Icon available to all, and wyldhunt who steered me onto menus in the first place by sharing the wonderful Maps Menu.

and one last note... this has given you a brief look into the state of my city today. Although not completely back up to fully functional, it is also not the smouldering ruin it once was. The streets are cleaning up pretty well, transportation is being restored between city regions thanks to the maps menu, and life is slowly returning. It is getting better. It will get better still. Work with what you have, and appreciate the little things. It's a lot easier that way.

Statesman signing autographs in the park across from Atlas.

signing off.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:31:55 AM by batqueen »

Xenos

• Lieutenant
Re: Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
Ahhh, this looks brilliant. I can't even imagine how much work it was to organize all these NPCs and objects into a menu system. I am looking forward to trying it out. This will make overcrowding City Hall (against the strict AP fire code) so much easier.

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Defiant Target

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:40 PM »
Super job, Thanks  ;D

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:05:10 PM »
Thank you for this.

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »

It's... beautiful.  Thank you.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »
aw, thank you guys! it makes it all worth it...  the sleepless nights, the blindness, the bleeding fingers, the bouts of raging insanity-  wait, ...I had all that before I started this...

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
I rarely do this to people I do not know.

*BEAR HUG*

Thank you!
THANK YOU!
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »
Oh wow.

This... is amazing.

Superb job!

Your hard work is very much appreciated!

Thank you!

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:10 PM »
Very nice!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »
Are the old Praetorian AV designs the only ones in the menus, Batqueen?

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »
Awesome!!!!! Thank you!  :)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Thanks for such dedicated effort!

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »
Are the old Praetorian AV designs the only ones in the menus, Batqueen?

They are, so I sifted through the listings to get the new models.  I also include Bobcat in her burglar outfit in case you need the Praetor of Cuteness to do a quick B & E for you.  What needs added under the Praetorian menu should be:
Code: [Select]
Option "Battle Maiden- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc GR_Battle_Maiden Battle Maiden"
Option "Black Swan- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Model_GR_BlackSwan_NoRing Black Swan"
Option "Bobcat- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Model_Bobcat_GR_NoRing Bobcat"
Option "Bobcat- Burglar" "beginchat /spawn_npc Model_Bobcat_GR_Burglar Bobcat"
Option "Chimera- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Chimera_Endgame Chimera"
Option "Diabolique- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Diabolique_01 Diabolique"
Option "Marauder- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Signature_Marauder_NoRing Marauder"
Option "Mother Mayhem- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Signature_Mother_Mayhem_01 Mother Mayhem"
Option "Neuron- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Signature_Neuron_01_NoRing Neuron"
Option "Tyrant- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc P_Endgame_Tyrant_01 Tyrant"

As well, Back Alley Brawler got a clothing swap at some point so you may want to add
Code: [Select]
Option "Back Alley Brawler- New" "beginchat /spawn_npc Model_Back_Alley_Brawler_02 Back Alley Brawler"
A couple of side notes- I'm not seeing what's different in the "new" Chimera model.  Maybe it would be a change in weapons.  As for BABs, the poor guy, there is listed in the NPC code a "03" and a "04" model.  Both of those use pieces from the Post Apocalyptic costume pack (in specific they were finally going to give the man decent hair) and in the 03 model... I'm not sure what was going on with his arms  :o
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 12:54:04 AM »
Thank you, Tacitala- I am not really familiar with the Praetorian stuff, so this is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I didn't even know there were variants on the models! I'll get to adding them in, and let you know when updated.   :)

UPDATE: menu file updated to show added models, redownload from link above for new version. And thank you Tacitala!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:05:01 AM by batqueen »

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:59 AM »
This is so excellent that I wish I could send you a billion inf and triple hecatomb!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 01:26:50 AM »
Is there a similar thread for the map pop up. I can't seem to locate it.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 01:33:25 AM »
@Torroes Prime (and all others interested) - thanks to your post and some fiddling, I got a working popmenu for maps! While "loadmap" doesn't work in popmenu entries, "beginchat" does, and that's all I needed for a workaround. Here's a maps.mnu file with all the City, Hazard, Trial, etc. maps for Paragon, Praetoria, Rogue Isles, Coop, and PvP: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FhLhcBjWhvQ2g0bW5LLU9jTFE/edit?usp=sharing. This could of course be expanded for the mission maps and such, and other menus could be made for animations (/mov commands) and NPCs.

For those who want to use this but are unfamiliar with popmenu, check http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Popmenu to get started.

Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 01:59:23 AM »
Thanks!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 03:19:49 AM »
I didn't even know there were variants on the models!
the funny thing is that Manticore and Chimera had their models (mostly the hoods) updated a few times, but destroyed all evidence that they ever looked differently.  Paranoid much, Sinclair(s)?
Thanks for adding them in, Batqueen!

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 03:23:04 AM »
no problem, Phaetan!