Author Topic: Website is Live!  (Read 15821 times)

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
Website is Live!
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »
Great news! The website is now up!

I would like to introduce you to... ourcityofheroes.com!

Now you can show your friends what exactly our cause is all about! They can check out the game's rich history, explore the game's best features, and read up on all the SaveCoH Movement news!

Just a couple of things to note, because technically, the site is still incomplete.

Some panels are pictureless, but the wording is there. If you have screenshots that will work, feel free to submit it.

Some items are missing. I'm sure I overlooked some articles. I noticed I left out mention of MIDS in the Legacy section that I'll have to squeeze in somewhere. I still need to add a panel and article list for the Freedom release. These are things I'll get around to with time.

There are some features that I have plans to expand upon, like the game's features slider in the Legacy section. I have big plans for those later on, but for now it's just to show a quick overview.

I'm still reading through the various article lists looking for good quotes. I could use some help there.

For now I had to remove the sidebar slider that rotated top stories. That bugger wasn't working right, so I've got to fiddle with it, or probably rebuild it. Besides, I need content for our top stories! If you have something in mind, let me know.

Also, I want to add a Current News section at the bottom of the home page. What would be good for that section?

I figure as a community, we can get this baby fine-tuned by the end of the month, which is the shutdown notice 1-year anniversary.

Overall, I tried to keep the website objective. I did question some things, as we all did, but tried to keep everything in a good light. It's up to the viewer to make their own conclusions.

Please provide feedback. Add your own submissions. And most of all, enjoy!
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
Re: Website is Live!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:42:23 AM »
Okay, first big oops - it only is working in Chrome right now ugh. I'm going to have to do some adjustments to fix it in the other browsers.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 03:29:57 AM »
good stuff. Man man, I wish this website was a around long time ago to show to people that I know. Anyways that small beans.

That is one good well put together website and pretty good on the objective side.

Although I always wondered about that 95-98% retention thing and  figure. How far back do that number go? If the life time of the game that is false according to graphs given that the peak population was 160,000-180,000 at one point and if the population increased after Freedom and ended with 60,000-80,000 players that means before freedom sometime, the population was even lower than 60,000 people. Which is far below a 95-98% retention rate. Just one of those things I wondered.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:30:20 AM »
Typo: 
Our Story -> panel for "Martial Assult"
Response -> 1st panel "Had ALL options really been exhaused"

Overall, this is a very pretty website.  Very good work.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:11:15 AM by SerialBeggar »
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 04:44:40 AM »
it made me tear up... though most things regarding Paragon City do that .

I think there should be info in there about Phoenix and H&V. Project Phoenix in particular has had some fair share of media coverage for being a large scale fan-driven project.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 04:55:25 AM »
Perhaps also mention that they announced it on the first day of PAX. Which totally fucking soured my ENTIRE weekend. Ruined PAX for me and I actually heard occasional mention of it out on the floor, so word got around.

EDIT: Might also mention that Zwillinger actually posted an I24 teaser pic to Facebook THAT MORNING, less than two hours before the sunset announcement.

EDIT2: LEGACY > the little "definition" blurbs near the middle says GM stands for General Manager...which is true in real life, but they are Game Managers (or Game Masters) for video gaming.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:23:11 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
Good work!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 01:41:48 PM »
Typos:

The End   Why shut down a profiable game
The End   Dispite everything that has come to light

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
The achievement in realizing such a grand vision -- there are no words for such an outstanding job in narrative and execution.

Observed in the "Hope" section --
A panel with the gold box beginning "The marketing opporunities are vast" should be 'opportunities'.
Observed in the "The end" section --
IN "what it could all mean", there's a dialog box that reads "Are they still be open to selling"?  Drop the 'be'
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:36:14 PM by therain93 »
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 06:39:45 PM »
Awesome. Spectacular. Amazing. Brilliant. Inspiring.

Thank you.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
Amazing!  A very thorough and attractive summary.  I'd feel confident pointing anyone with questions to this site.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
*teary*  Wow... that was amazing.

Please tell me that TF:Hail Mary will be using this site!

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
Brilliant, told the story, and made the case for our continued existence... please, someone, please read this and do the right thing!  :'(

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »
Very nice.  about all that was missing was the game's music.
No Surrender!

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
It is as it was.

Bold

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 05:15:58 AM »
Awesome website, thanks so much! Great design, too.

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 06:33:25 AM »
Thanks for all for the kind words! It was my pleasure to make this site. I'll be sure to implement the suggestions made so far in the next day or two.

I think I figured out the display issue in IE and I'll be making those adjustments. Firefox is still being a pain *shakes fist* but I've got a trick or two I can try to see if it will display correctly with that as well.

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »
Clicked the "Home" link on the right while on the "Our Story" page.  It directed me to "Index.html" and generated a 404 error.  (I'm guessing it's because the 'I' in index is capitalized, but I'll leave that to you.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »
Thanks for all for the kind words! It was my pleasure to make this site. I'll be sure to implement the suggestions made so far in the next day or two.

I think I figured out the display issue in IE and I'll be making those adjustments. Firefox is still being a pain *shakes fist* but I've got a trick or two I can try to see if it will display correctly with that as well.

Glad you're enjoying it! :)
Apparently IE 9 is unable to properly handle some of your scripts. With ChromeFrame installed on top, the site works fine.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Metal Mountain

• Minion
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
Perfect.

And yes, we are waiting.
If a jerk hacker is found, we reverse hack-jerk. -Pohsyb