Author Topic: Gravitar  (Read 2331 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Gravitar
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »
I want to like this fight. Even with it's no-defense-against the Death Bubble that anyone can randomly get caught up in and die and not be able to come back without a res, mechanic, that can occur if she isn't finished off fast enough at the end and I get tapped on the shoulder by the rng and she hits me with one.

I'm starting to run them with Xev. He seems the most useful in these so far due to people just don't want to res Lee for whatever reason and I feel like an idiot laying there, thinking up new and inventive ways to ask for one. I don't like spamming the "Gimme a res plz" button either.

It's a fun fight with Xev. Helps to toughen him up and so far ressers seem to not have a prob to get his face out of the pavement.

It's a tough fight and as a bonus it's virtually at the click of a button, so, I naturally want to try and get good at it. Starting with one toon or another. And I'd like my FF to be able to do well in Gravi's as far as that goes. (Edit: For variety, I want my FF to stand out from the rest of my guys is the main thing and none of the rest of my guys seem the Gravi type so this is one place my FF could stand out. I'm leaning towards tank or healer type but could go in any direction at this point, really) It's not about the Q... But sure, I'll take that too.

Any tips, vets?

I think I need to start stocking up on those res (4?) packs..

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:33:45 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
Re: Gravitar
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »
4 pack rez packs or ... if your a FF you can always grab Rebirth from the infernal set. 
Gravitar is as fun as pancake... but you will get the dedz from time to time if your anything other than a game-breaker tank.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:31:22 PM »
Check out this How to Fight Gravitar guide.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:07 PM »
Yeah I like the Gravitar alert. Most of the time I'm melee and usually survive the death bubbles except that one that she do every now and then but learned to avoid those (I awlays build to survive I self sufficient manner just in case there is no rezzer or healer), although on some toons it hurt more than on others. But what I like most about it is that support toons can feel useful, although some don't realize it. They can finally use their rez that they been itching and complaining about not being able to use, they can heal people especially people that get hit to an inch of their life and use that heal they been complaining about not being able to use.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:13:30 PM by JaguarX »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »
Oh yeah, this Alert keeps Xev hopping! I like that sometimes. There are teams outside of Gravitar that actually still need healers/support to not die all the time believe it or not hehe. The "you have to have a resser" thing (pretty much, huh?) in Gravitar kinda turns me off.

I thought the Death Bubble when her hps get low was insta-death, no defense, and that the only way to avoid it was to wipe her out before she could fire it off, or, just not be one of the unlucky that get hit with it.

Gonna grab a bite and read that guide from Todogut.

*jots down "Rebirth"*
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »
Oh yeah, this Alert keeps Xev hopping! I like that sometimes. There are teams outside of Gravitar that actually still need healers/support to not die all the time believe it or not hehe. The "you have to have a resser" thing (pretty much, huh?) in Gravitar kinda turns me off.

I thought the Death Bubble when her hps get low was insta-death, no defense, and that the only way to avoid it was to wipe her out before she could fire it off, or, just not be one of the unlucky that get hit with it.

Gonna grab a bite and read that guide from Todogut.

*jots down "Rebirth"*

Be lucky to not get it. Or get out of dodge for a few (which sometimes consist of pressing Z real fast to break the hold first (helps to have hold resistance) then scurry away. Three always pay attention to everything. One second of not paying attention is the difference between living and laying face first.

The down side is that she end up targeting someone else and if they not saying a attention to the switch, a team mate may end biting the dust. The bait and switch. And sometimes the power timer don't reset. Got away one time only to see her switch targets and got the range dude before he even could react even though I ran in complete opposite direction than him.

Remember when she is in third stage (low health), the bubble is blue then turn orange. Some get it confused with first stage bubble, which hurts but don't insta kill and doesn't turn orange.

Tip: Teleport works wonders here.  Fly usually is too slow. SS works well too.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:40 AM »
OK so the Gravi guide seems good and is bookmarked. I did look around for some tips is how I found out about the death bubble/dome of doom but this is better than anything I'd found.

"There are times when she wants you dead and you WILL die. Whether that's a bug or good programming is not for debate. Thing is you should leave your ego behind you, arrogance gets you killed. Your build might be the greatest build in the world, but you should still block or you will faceplant more often and probably ragequit."

This comforted me the first time I read it..

I just wanna say in defense of Lee the Unressed after reading this guide - I only did it once but I tanked Gravi to the last bub with him and still couldn't get a res even though I had moments where I wasn't sitting under her feet. Lee adds significant dps up to the point his face hits the pavement. People just usually won't res him, maybe due to stereotype, who knows.

Oh man... I was a Rusher! Sometimes I would wait after we zoned-in because I thought we were standing around to buff up but I have definitely rushed before.. Today, even. Now I know why there were only 5 people in that Gravi.. We won, but still.. Ooops! Huge no-no. Glad I know better now. Wow how lucky I am that people were nice but I wish they woulda told me!

Am a lil less afraid of the bubbles/domes now but am gonna have to give'er another test run to see how things work in actual practice tonight.

Thanks Todo G! Am feeling a lil less lost and uninformed.

Thanks for all the tips.
Some Faves:

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »
OK so the Gravi guide seems good and is bookmarked. I did look around for some tips is how I found out about the death bubble/dome of doom but this is better than anything I'd found.

"There are times when she wants you dead and you WILL die. Whether that's a bug or good programming is not for debate. Thing is you should leave your ego behind you, arrogance gets you killed. Your build might be the greatest build in the world, but you should still block or you will faceplant more often and probably ragequit."

This comforted me the first time I read it..

I just wanna say in defense of Lee the Unressed after reading this guide - I only did it once but I tanked Gravi to the last bub with him and still couldn't get a res even though I had moments where I wasn't sitting under her feet. Lee adds significant dps up to the point his face hits the pavement. People just usually won't res him, maybe due to stereotype, who knows.

Oh man... I was a Rusher! Sometimes I would wait after we zoned-in because I thought we were standing around to buff up but I have definitely rushed before.. Today, even. Now I know why there were only 5 people in that Gravi.. We won, but still.. Ooops! Huge no-no. Glad I know better now. Wow how lucky I am that people were nice but I wish they woulda told me!

Am a lil less afraid of the bubbles/domes now but am gonna have to give'er another test run to see how things work in actual practice tonight.

Thanks Todo G! Am feeling a lil less lost and uninformed.

Thanks for all the tips.

On Krazy (which fits her personality)

I'm a late rusher. I wait until everyone zone in and then go after her like rabid wolverine. (although I only do that with her because she can take it and usually no one else steps up to the plate.) No failures no deaths (that can be prevented)

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 01:01:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've teamed with Krazy before  : )

oi the Gravi queueue is long atm..

ok there's a billion ppl queue'd now all I had to do is say something. The Gravi just now went pretty well btw  : ) Goin' back in, coach(es)!

edit:

Ok, so after kinda getting the hang of this I have one correction to this part of the guide -

"Archetypes

You are about to go through hell. If you're melee you're pretty much done for, you can't take on Gravitar and survive without a dedicated support. But if you want to land a couple of hits, do a hit and run, especially when she uses Gravity Well. Since she's pulling you in, running towards her makes you go faster, land a couple of hits and get out before she uses an attack on you."

I just say... Pffft!

Lee (Unleashed AT) didn't tank her but he was in melee range and doing dmg the entire time he wasn't blocking or throwing up other defenses and the only reason I died once was that I was too slow to get out of the yellow Dome of Destruction but I had time to leap way out of the way to get a res, which I got - yay and thanks, and then I melee'd her down to the end with everyone else.

Just saying!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:46:58 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
^
Watched him do it.  I don't think every AT toon could do what Leezard does with Gravi though....
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »
Umm. Wow. Thanks!

We had fun, huh  : )

N'emu/D'emu/Etc'emu and The War Mage from Liberty server, and my good friend Appocolipstick the uber monk from Veeshan server in EverQuest are some major inspirations because they do what only a handful can do. So your comment gives me a big warm fuzzy that I don't completely fail my senseis.

Gravi's are fun now thanks to the info from this thread!

Oh yeah.. and on the subject of self-ressing.. I bet I have a load of servitor serums.. There must be other things like this and the 4-pack. Seems a worthy thing to stock up on when G's/farming opportunities permit.

One more thing on ressing..

If you can res, wouldya at least res all the dead people after the alert is over, PLS. I know we only have to pay 2G per star to get them back at 40 but still, sheesh! If I had a res I'd be all over that without even thinking about it.

*shakes head*

Disclaimer:
Maybe I'm just that much of a noob that buying stars unnecessarily still seems like a waste to me and maybe giving a res takes more effort than walking up to a corpse and clicking. I've not had that power in CO yet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:58:56 PM by Xev »
Some Faves: