Author Topic: Move/Emote Popmenu  (Read 40012 times)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
Move/Emote Popmenu
« on: August 11, 2013, 01:54:16 AM »
Move/Emote Popmenu, updated 8/17/2013

There are now two options, regular and legacy.  Both currently have 472 commands, but Legacy is for versions of Icon prior to 1.7.1 and likely will no longer be supported after 1.8 comes out.

Move/Emote Popmenu (Icon 1.7.1+ compliant)

Legacy Move/Emote Popmenu

__text of original post below__
Sorry, Codewalker, but Tacitala and I timed out while idling and decided to go ahead and finish our move and emote popmenu.

The link is here for download.

Last count was 451 different commands in the menu, so it's a decent selection, but nowhere near all of them.  Taci will be along later with her commentary and some caveats, but the big one for now is that some commands won't work on the player directly, but will work on an NPC dolled up as you via /loadcostume commands.  Stunt doubles are a minor inconvenience, but you can delete them if they demand hazard pay.

Please enjoy and feedback is welcome.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:50:56 AM by Phaetan »

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
Re: Move/Emote Popmenu
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:44 AM »
Wooo!   Thank you, thank you, thank both of you. 

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »
Please enjoy and feedback is welcome.

Especially since I'm sure that at least one spelling error will have still made it through the editing phase(s).

We started working on this menu with making static screenshots in mind- thus some of the usual emotes may be missing. One thing to note is that what we list as "movements" won't change the position of the character (RUNCYCLE won't make someone run, it will make them do the animation in place).  They will, however, look more like they are moving in a screenshot rater than just standing there.

As well, there will be several listing of mov's, such as talking, that look almost identical.  The difference in them may be as subtle of a change in timing or where in the animation cycle the move starts at.  Having these duplicates is on purpose because it makes it easier to have a screenshot of people using the same type of emotes but not being in sync with each other: such as a crowd of people talking at a cafe.

Unfortunately with the way movs we found are coded, you won't be able to have an animation with your character's personal weapon.  The mov would have just used the motion with the weapon invisible.  If anyone knows how to fix this by using different mov's please let us know and we will put them in. We miss our mace/shield users running around armed and ready!

As Phaetan said, the biggest problem in all of this: some moves don't work on the character you're currently "playing as".  Then again, it's often easier to set up screenshots with a double of your character anyway.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 02:18:59 AM »
I found that there were multiples of many moves. This slowed me down on my own mov menu. I discovered that emotes with PRE on the back of them almost always worked on myself, and it took a couple of different walk cycles to make different citizens walk. Not everything would always work. I got used to- try it, if it don't work, try the next!

Thanks for making this! It's been needed for a long time, and really goes hand in hand with the npc menu! It's good to have various critters around, but you want 'em doing something besides looking off in random directions, idling the day away...   ;)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 02:21:44 AM »
Thank you for the "_PRE" tip; we'll have to see if that will work and make more of them usable on self.  As it stands, while testing I sort of felt like an Emp Defender. ;)

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 08:06:43 AM »
Thanks! Wiki updated!

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »
I've started the morning spotting a typo, so we'll definitly have at least one update.  Thank you for the _pre tip, Bat Queen.  I'll start re-testing some of the emotes this afternoon  :)
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »
Oh, just to note, sometimes it takes a few seconds for a prop to materialize for a command.  We tried to note the ones where there isn't a prop at all.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »
An update has been made, cleaning up a few typos, removing a couple of duplicates and adding a handful of new actions.

Regarding commands that sometimes work on the player and sometimes don't, it's become clear that for some of them, the game checks to see if you are in the right pose for the new action before performing the action.  That is why sometimes an emote will work and sometimes not.  This isn't, frustratingly, always true.  Still, the best solution still remains using a stunt double, as NPCs don't bother checking current stance before performing an action.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

pmoyer

• Minion
  • Please leave a message at the sound of the tone...
    • Magnetic Terrapin Studios
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 12:04:08 AM »
Wow, this is pretty darn cool.  Oh, here's one to add for you -- COMBAT2FLYREADY .  It's the sort of loose-limbed hovering that you get when you turn on Icon's 'fly' command but don't move anywhere.  It's also what DJ Zero uses in Pocket D when hovering over the mix.

Hope this helps!

-- Philip

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 02:25:05 AM »
-- COMBAT2FLYREADY .   It's also what DJ Zero uses in Pocket D when hovering over the mix.

I have been looking for that. It's been bugging me, so thank you.

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
Wow a pop menu for move/emotes ... very cool

thank you Phaetan and Tacitala

you guys made my day much better  ;D

<---at home--->

So i tested the pop menu for emotes and it works great :D

thanks alot ... awesome job guys :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:51:27 PM by RockLeeXIII »

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
You are quite welcome, RockLeeXIII.

And we will add that emote in the next update, batqueen and pmoyer.  I hope you don't mind me waiting until we have more to add in before making an update.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »
The sexy walks are not on the list, although they only works for NPCs:

PLAYER_WALK_FORWARD

or backwards (slower pace):

PLAYER_WALK_BACKWARD

then there's looking left or right:

WALK_LEFT_CYCLE
WALK_RIGHT_CYCLE
WALK_LEFT_FORWARD_CYCLE
WALK_RIGHT_FORWARD_CYCLE

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »
Popmenu file(s) updated, please see first post for details.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:18 AM »
I'm as dumb as a box of hammers when it comes to this stuff. How do you get this to work? I've had no problem with the npc, maps and time popmenu. Thanks!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:21 AM »
It's the same techniques as the other popmenus.  The only thing that might be tripping you up is, as I mentioned in the first post, when targeting no one (and thus targeting yourself,) the game is much pickier about what state you are in to allow a given action to occur.  This check doesn't occur with NPCs, so if you are wanting a screenshot, it's usually easier to use /loadcostume on an NPC to stand in for you and give them the appropriate command.

I know this isn't the perfect solution, but until Codewalker gets his rather more intricate hack worked out, it's the best I can offer.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 03:05:27 AM »
Ok. So I place this file in the same folder as the popmenus for the NPCs, Maps etc. What command do I type... /popmenu mov? I'm just not getting any menu popping up.

BTW, what you all have been doing is amazing. A day does not go by that my wife and I aren't jonesing to play CoH again. We EACH had a paid account so we could team up and had been doing so since the Summer of '04.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 03:15:17 AM »
Ok... now it works. As I said before, box of hammers.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 04:51:21 AM »
The 1.71 version is pretty slick.