Author Topic: Destructible car issue  (Read 3051 times)

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Destructible car issue
« on: August 11, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
So I have a demo/scene where something falls on a car, crushing it. I was trying to use the destructible cars from the codex but each one is on fire. Are there any destructible cars without fire, or how to access an in-between stage between perfect HP and fiery destruction?

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
Re: Destructible car issue
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:54:21 PM »
there is a bunch of destructable cars I found while doing the npc menu, but I can't find them again on the codex. They look normal, and should be changeable by changing the HP in a demo... not sure if this will work, but give it a shot..

Blue sedan, parked                        V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car01
Brown sedan, parked                     V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car01b
Green sportscar, parked                 V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car02
Black sportscar, parked                   V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car02b
Red sportscar, parked                     V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car03
Maroon sportscar, parked               V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car03b
Blue compact hatchback, parked    V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car04
Green compact hatchback, parked  V_Mayhem_Vehicle_Car04b

I don't remember any of these being on fire. try testing HP at different stages. That's about all I can offer.
[edit] found them again, they're under objects, vehicles. I think they are the ones that were parked on the street, so 'vandals' could blow 'em up, like in King's Row. 

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:01:53 AM »
Thanks but those are the ones I was playing with. They go from perfect to completely smashed with fire over the engine. I can't seem to find an in-between state of smashed with no fire. :(

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 01:00:34 AM »
rats, but from everything I've been looking over, that doesn't seem to exist in the game.  :(

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »
Wasn't there some sort of item, like a smashed car from a junkyard or something that flies out of a portal power?

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
I've just been going over and over the models, and testing anything that was suspicious, and I can't find a thing. found moar stuff possibly for the npc menu, but not a car that is wrecked- but not on fire. So far, every single car and truck that is wrecked, is also on fire. Maybe someone else can find it where I missed it. hope so.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »
Thank you for trying. :)