Author Topic: Incarnate Trial Articles  (Read 3343 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Incarnate Trial Articles
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
I didn't play too many of these trials, so I can't help too much. The issues I see with the Wiki's trial articles is that they are very mechanics driven - they have little to no information on the story behind why things are actually going on. That's more a symptom of the nature of how they were played in-game, but it is a real shame for those of us interested in the storyline. While the guides that exist (like the Minds of Mayhem Trial) give some context, there's nothing about the actual "contacts" and dialog spoken.

I know it may be hard to find, but does anyone have screenshots of the dialog pop ups and mission objectives and things like that from the trials? They were all so fast paced that most people ignored that stuff, but I'm hoping there's at least a few people with screenshots or something, or maybe some info hidden on the Wiki somewhere.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Incarnate Trial Articles
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »
I might have chat logs with some of the dialogue, but I doubt I'll have many screen shots. You're right, there was often a lack of clarity over what was being said by whom, and why, and the color of the pop-up text boxes might have helped clarify that a bit. I'll see if I can scrounge something up out of my files.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have screenshots of the BAF, and perhaps Lambda, but those are the only two I played through. As I recall, I went through at least the BAF taking screens of dialog at least once. But other than that, I know I don't have anything.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
You've hit on the problem I had with the Incarnate Trials.  I saw them as a disconnected series of events compared to how the normal story arcs and task forces where handled.  It's true if you paid attention to the dialog that you could figure out the story order of events but which so much action in a trial, anything that wasn't a cut scene tended to get lost.

I would like to have seen a series of regular story arcs that would have helped set up each trial -- sort of an "untold tales of the Praetorian War".

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 04:14:20 AM »
Just a note to anyone coming by later - Blondeshell did indeed find some chat logs, and has added the story content to the pages! Hooray!