Author Topic: FC.31.20130612.30 PTS Update (Cybermind)  (Read 1837 times)

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
FC.31.20130612.30 PTS Update (Cybermind)
« on: August 14, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
Source

Quote from: lordgar
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 10:30 am, 8/14/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

FATAL ERR0R: Cybermind

• The conclusion to our FATAL ERR0R arc, a level 40 5-player Custom Alert. Defeat Cybermind within his own digital domain!
  • Known Issues: Some of Cybermind's powers are lacking FX art. Some of the cutscenes are not final. Some loot is placeholder. There is no music.
Bug Fixes:

• We have made a change to "Homestead Security" to make it less likely that the mission will fail to complete.
  • We have made a change to the Deomonflame mission "The Queen Beyond the Pale" that should prevent the Demon Key from becoming stuck in a wall near the end.
Other:

• We have disabled the sidekicking change that was introduced in the .28 build. This feature requires significant tuning and will be re-enabled for further testing at a later date. Thank you for your feedback!
  • SOCRATES terminals now have an updated look to go along with the FATAL ERR0R arc.
Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
 Bug
 Where it happens
 What happens

ere it happens
 What happens

Spess

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: FC.31.20130612.30 PTS Update (Cybermind)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
What was the sidekicking change?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »
Are they saying that sidekicking is turned off with this update, because I've only actually had it work at all a couple of times.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »
Ah. Found it in the PTS Forum.

First - DW - An emphatic NO on the assumption of turning off Sidekicking. They're definitely not doing that.

What it looks like was that they were attempting to tune a new set of numbers that might've made things better for Lowbies and more "challenging" (harder) for Lvl 40s - with the intent of seeing if they could raise the level on future alerts to lvl 40 instead of lvl 30.

In short - it didn't work. They're taking it back to the shop and they're going to try again looks like. Which is a good thing. Because -

a) it looked like it was a TERRIBLE design choice

and

b) It shows they MIGHT just be listening to people's feedback.

I agree with posters on the main site who say basically - "Stop trying to allow level 5/6's just out of the tutorial into the alerts and gate them to lvl 15 (last superstat)."

I don't think they'll do that last idea unfortunately. But hey - could be wrong.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
So, the fact that sidekicking being "hit or miss" for me is a bug?

To be clear, I don't team very often. Without the number of character slots available in CoH (I'm on a silver account in CO), I have a decent range of character levels, but I don't always have a character within a level or two of the team leader, when I even team. I've probably teamed a few dozen times, and I've only had the dialogue box come up a handful of times. Probably a half-dozen of those teams were "contrived," dual boxing to try to find a way to "force" the dialogue box to come up.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:57:10 PM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »
The big disappointment I see is that it's the third and final part. Woulda been nice if they could have given it a couple more chapters, like the comic series.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 02:13:38 PM »
My new Devastator's gonna be 40 by the time I finish the first mish.

Fatal Error is a good example of you don't always have to run the same mission arcs to level your noobs. I've made two attempts at this so far. Ran out of time yesterday and the servers shut down right after I talked to Defender and was making my way to Doc. Silverback today.

Started at level 8 and am halfway to 11.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:03 AM »
The big disappointment I see is that it's the third and final part. Woulda been nice if they could have given it a couple more chapters, like the comic series.

All the new arcs have been three parts. I suspect it's a trend that will continue for the forseeable future.