Author Topic: any update on google?  (Read 20543 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: any update on google?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:20 PM »
I'm sorry, but I have an abysmally dim view of the type of person who frequents facebook.
I hope you realize that the number of facebook users is beginning to encroach on the number of non-facebook users, especially in an online space. So you might want to revisit your view.

(I use facebook, TonyV uses facebook, eabrace uses facebook...probably a good third, half, or more of the Titan people and our community members use facebook. Probably a good third, half, or more of every online community uses facebook. As with any online community, there are bad eggs. That doesn't mean the whole community is bad. That's stereotyping and is generally a bad idea. It's where racism stems from, after all.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
Ya know, I'm not saying Eoraptor is right, but the more I see Facebook used to spread false rumors and propaganda based on lies or distortions, irrespective of the side of an issue, the more I'm tempted to leave Facebook behind in the interest of my blood pressure. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »
Yeah and then you have stuff like this.

Content sharing services like Facebook, Google+ and Livejournal are completely neutral, and your user experience is based on your own account usage. What that means is that someone who has carefully crafted their shared circles and content feeds will have a vastly different experience than the one you describe. I learned this a long time ago: I'm responsible for my own experience. If you leave Facebook behind, what you are more accurately doing is leaving your own pancakey Facebook circle behind. Those with better circles and experiences will continue to not know what you're going on about. I know the first mistake people make: thinking they need 800 "friends."

If this sounds terse, it's only because I can't do the editing-for-diplomatic-words I do on almost every post. I gotta leave for work, but I just wanted to say: I've been where you're at on various content-sharing services, more than once; and what I did was, I took responsibility for the quality of my experience.