Author Topic: Icon 1.71  (Read 13793 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Icon 1.71
« on: August 18, 2013, 02:09:01 AM »
Hey all. Development is currently underway for Icon 1.8. One of the features/fixes for that version is especially needed given the number of popmenu-based additions that have been created. To help with those, I backported that one change and have released 1.71, a minor fix update.

Download Link
http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

Changes since 1.70
  • Command parser reworked to be compatible with context menus. Icon commands can now be directly called from a popmenu.

• The source code is no longer provided as individual zip files. Instead, a Git repository has been created so that the entire development history of the project is available. You can clone http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.git with the Git client of your choice.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:29:54 AM by Codewalker »

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
Re: Icon 1.71
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:21:17 AM »
Forgive me if this is a silly question, but what changes can/should be made to popmenus to incorporate this new feature?

PS- Thank you so much for the subforum.  Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

PPS- Oh, and I guess for all the hard work on Icon, too. ;)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 02:27:16 AM »
Just removing the "beginchat /" is all that needs to be done. That hack is no longer necessary. :)

Long version: Icon used to add an additional keybind "layer". This is the kind of thing that lets the base editor use different key bindings while it's open. Those layers also can add extra slash commands.  It turns out that when a context menu like a popmenu is opened, the game creates a temporary layer and binds all of the accelerator keys for that menu to it, using the game's default command parser as the handler. So when you press the first letter of a menu item, it selects that item instead of doing whatever that key is normally bound to.

That temporary layer is set to not allow any keystrokes/commands to fall through to lower layers, such as the Icon layer. So the buck stops there and only the default parser is called.

To work around that, I just hooked the default command parser and inserted the call to Icon's there. It's no longer a separate layer.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:02:29 AM »
  :o quick fix coming...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:21:13 AM by batqueen »

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:20:15 AM »
WOOHOO!!!! I'll definitely carve out some time this week to test some popmenu tricks I used in CoX and see what I can get Icon to do now. Will share once I have some stuff ready...
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 06:23:22 AM »

and Thank You Codewalker
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:19:07 PM by batqueen »

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »
I've updated the Paragon Wiki page with new info in the Notes section and the current version.

Typo in the title of the Icon Information thread.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:16:17 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
Awesome! Look forward to each update! Thank you again, Codewalker! :)

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 03:02:47 AM »
BRICKA, BRACKA, FIRECRACKER, SIS BOOM BAH! CODEWALKER, CODEWALKER, RAH RAH RAH! YAAAAA!!

Equation

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 06:49:46 AM »
I'm new to using ICON. Is there any way to use the Mender pieces? I'm sorry if this is documented somewhere, I did look but did not find the info.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 06:57:50 AM »
Start it up in NPC mode. Instructions at the bottom of first post here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7288.0.html
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Equation

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 08:09:21 AM »
Aggelakis,

Thank you for your timely response. I have started it in NPC mode but have not found the Mender pieces, I have found other NPC parts, such as Statesman's Symbol. I assume from finding those that I am doing this correctly. If I am still in error, please tell me what I am doing wrong, if you can. Also, where do I find those parts if I am doing it correctly?

Thank you again.

Equation

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 04:29:54 PM »
Found them. Thank you for the help.

PSI-on

• Ψ
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
I can't wait to see what 1.8 will bring, Seeing the game again has changed my feelings on hope.
Please don't send blind requests in games to me, I learned to ignore them in CoX, no offense meant. (this is only here until I can figure out how to put it in my actual profile on here.)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 03:38:14 PM »
CodeWalker, you rock!!!!!  Thank you!!!!    :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:35 PM »
So fantastic!  I was getting a bit sad thinking about the upcoming events . . . that won't be coming up.  Trick or treat for one.  Sigh.  But getting my COH fix flying around Paragon City is . . . beyond words wonderful.  Thank you, Codewalker!!!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 12:36:46 AM »
Be sure to  check out the popmenu files to make hopping to different maps, summoning NPCs, and making them perform for your amusement much easier.

Tom_Neverwinter

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
having a black screen problem whenrunning icon 1.71

the loading bar comes and then it finishes. The music is playing, and I can hear when I move over a button but thats it.
Please help,
Thanks in advance

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Your system specs?

Client version? OS?

I recommend you use the last official Beta Client release with Icon.
(http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html)

Either that or the last Live Client version works too, but has less goodies (those are only in Beta Client).

You might just have an older version which isn't working.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
Is this a computer that played CoH back when it was live?  Because Tacitala had a similar issue briefly with a computer because its video card wasn't CoH-compatible.  I can't find a list of cards with known issues off the top of my head, although I'm sure it's in the wiki somewhere and/or another forum member can provide them from memory...